• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Support Thread Index

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
So, I figured I would do another Top 10 List.
This time The Top 10 Most Social Support Threads :D

*This list does NOT included locked threads or threads that support series versus one specific character*
*Also, this list does not reflect any actual popularity, likes, or ballots cast for the character, just the number of replies their respected thread has received*

1. King K. Ruel at 29,278 replies
2. Bandana Dee at 16,730 replies
3. Isaac at 14,557 replies
4. Rayman at 10,223 replies
5. Krystal at 8,255 replies
6. Solid Snake at 6,667 replies
7. Roy with 4,724 replies
8. Wolf at 4,265 replies
9. Geno at 3,231 replies
10. Lip at 3,073 replies

Troykv

Smash Master

*This list does NOT included locked threads or threads that support series versus one specific character*
*Also, this list does not reflect any actual popularity, likes, or ballots cast for the character, just the number of replies their respected thread has received*

8. Wolf at 4,265 replies
9. Geno at 3,231 replies
10. Lip at 3,073 replies
The King is the new... King... in the speculation :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

8. Wolf at 4,265 replies
9. Geno at 3,231 replies
10. Lip at 3,073 replies
Wow, I'm legitimately shocked Lip made the Top 10. That's... really cool, honestly. (Well, she barely made it, but its something.)

K. Rool being #1 isn't a shock, though. Prior to release K. Rool was the #2 until way late in speculation when Palutena finally passed him (merely a couple of months before she was finally announced). Actually, Shulk passed him within the past few months before Shulk's announcement, too.

I am always bewildered at how high Bandanna Dee is.

W-WAIT... Dixie isn't in the Top 10, but Lip is? Wow... Now I'm REALLY shocked.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm legitimately shocked Lip made the Top 10. That's... really cool, honestly. (Well, she barely made it, but its something.)

K. Rool being #1 isn't a shock, though. Prior to release K. Rool was the #2 until way late in speculation when Palutena finally passed him (merely a couple of months before she was finally announced). Actually, Shulk passed him within the past few months before Shulk's announcement, too.

I am always bewildered at how high Bandanna Dee is.

W-WAIT... Dixie isn't in the Top 10, but Lip is? Wow... Now I'm REALLY shocked.
Daisy actually skirted the top 10 by about 40 replies. And Dixie by around 300 from Lip. Icies by around 500.Then it's a massive jump to Impa-PaperMario-Inklings who are all around 1000 below Lip.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Daisy actually skirted the top 10 by about 40 replies. And Dixie by around 300 from Lip. Icies by around 500.Then it's a massive jump to Impa-PaperMario-Inklings who are all around 1000 below Lip.
Ah, ok, so its really close, and Daisy or Dixie can easily jump into the Top 10.

Burruni

Smash Hero
back in brawl Geno was in the top 3 it does have more than 400 pages
But this isn't Brawl.
Times have changed and so have people's opinions.
:4villager: was someone considered an impossibility by Sakurai for being too light-headed and non-combattive in source material to really work as a fighter.
Geno's thread isn't top 3 anymore and in relative threat of being bumped out of top 10 as time goes on.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
But this isn't Brawl.
Times have changed and so have people's opinions.
:4villager: was someone considered an impossibility by Sakurai for being too light-headed and non-combattive in source material to really work as a fighter.
Geno's thread isn't top 3 anymore and in relative threat of being bumped out of top 10 as time goes on.
i know:upsidedown: (i miss the old good times :( )

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

8. Wolf at 4,265 replies
9. Geno at 3,231 replies
10. Lip at 3,073 replies
It would have been funny if Snake's thread, at the time of this list, had 6666 replies.

Because you know, 6ception.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Time for a new list!
This time the list will be The Top 10 Most Viewed Female Character Threads.

*Also, this list does not reflect any actual popularity, likes, or ballots cast for the character, just the number of views their respected thread has received*
*This list was created on June 9, 2015*
*Characters who have male counter-parts/alternate-costumes or are gender neutral will not be added to this list.*
*Characters that act in a pair or group will not be added to this list.*

1. Krystal at 251,093 views
2. Lip at 118,874 views
3. Dixie at 88,911 views
4. Daisy at 73, 174 views
5. Shantae at 62,442 views
6. Impa at 53,242 views
7. Anna at 44,661 views
8. Medusa at 39,327 views
9. Fiora at 30,207 views
10. Bayonetta at 28,360 views

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Congratulation to Ryu and Roy supporters!
For those who haven't heard, Japan got an early update by mistake and some people data-mined it, finding a bunch of stuff for Ryu and Roy, a Rhythm Heaven song, and an Inkling trophy.

Both support threads are posting information if you would like to learn more about each character:

Ryu
Roy

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
So just to be clear, the main rule for making a thread is that the character must have been in a nintendo game, and not already have a thread right? Can anyone make the threads?
Also are there any general rules for how the thread should be formed? I have an idea for one but want to make sure of how first before I accidently break any rules.
[if this was already on a thread or anything can ya send me a link to it? Im a bit sleepy at the moment so temporary blindness and/or Stages of idiocy may occur.. my bad XP]

So just to be clear, the main rule for making a thread is that the character must have been in a nintendo game, and not already have a thread right? Can anyone make the threads?
Also are there any general rules for how the thread should be formed? I have an idea for one but want to make sure of how first before I accidently break any rules.
[if this was already on a thread or anything can ya send me a link to it? Im a bit sleepy at the moment so temporary blindness and/or Stages of idiocy may occur.. my bad XP]
Anyone can make a thread. As long as the character doesbt have a predefined role (ex assist trophies. Go to the group that can be found in the rules post for that.) and are video game characters that have appeared on a nintendo console your good.

The first post should at least give a small description of who or what they are and where they are from but you can pretty much do anything as long as its a decent size (aka not 3 sentences.)

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
What @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon said, please stick to character that appear in Nintendo games and characters that are video game characters first (like Pokemon).

Whenever I make a character support thread, I generally say who the character is and where they are from, why said character should be in Smash and what are the pros of having them (like possible gameplay mechanics, representing a game that needs more representation, a type of character Smash doesn't have yet, etc), maybe counter some possible arguments people might raise, and then at the very least give a brief summary of how the character would work in Smash or make a moveset.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah im actually working on Dracula from castlevania, trying todecide on what sorta move set or play style hed use in smsh though. I dont wanan over flow it with Soma, or Gabriel, but maybe a mix of thre three could be good.... And tryign to make him not be alucard as well..
Imean id LOVE to see a belmont take the stage, But EACH GAME almsot has its own hero character so it seems unfair to just go with "simon' when ya have all those others who are just as awesome. Dont wanna just go "Belmont" either cause of Nathan Graves and Johnathan morris, both of whom are obviously NOT belmonts. -sigh-

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A question, and I apologize if it's a stupid question. Would Final Smash cameo characters be scratched out? Tom Nook and Chrom are (and their threads are closed) I think Dunban's should be struck out and closed since he appears in Shulk's FS and FS cameos becoming playable would take a ludicrous amount of work that cannot be afforded at this time.

There was also a Riki thread which is closed as he is both in Shulk's Final Smash along with Dunban, and an Assist Trophy as well. I can't find it right now though.

A question, and I apologize if it's a stupid question. Would Final Smash cameo characters be scratched out? Tom Nook and Chrom are (and their threads are closed) I think Dunban's should be struck out and closed since he appears in Shulk's FS and FS cameos becoming playable would take a ludicrous amount of work that cannot be afforded at this time.

There was also a Riki thread which is closed as he is both in Shulk's Final Smash along with Dunban, and an Assist Trophy as well. I can't find it right now though.
Dunban's thread is in my support group just like all of the "deconfirmed" characters. it seems preed just forgot to cross it out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just realized something. I think a moderator should give the OP of the Tharja thread to someone interested (not me, unfortunately) since the thread creator, Shorts, passed away and unless a mod updates the OP consistently which would be tedious...

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something. I think a moderator should give the OP of the Tharja thread to someone interested (not me, unfortunately) since the thread creator, Shorts, passed away and unless a mod updates the OP consistently which would be tedious...
Someone would have to step forward and as a mod. :B

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
@ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA
Added to the list. ;D

ALSO
I added more characters to the Not-Supported or Not Found Characters List.
This is a list for characters that don't have a Support Thread that you or other people support.
If there are any characters you want to add to the list, have seen other people support and think they should go on the list, or you've made a thread for a character on the list, let me know. ;D

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Could you remove the CONFRIMED threads? I don't think anyone is looking for them anymore.

Top Bottom