• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character-specific gimmicks that should be shared with at least one other character

Quillion

Smash Hero
While I do appreciate how some characters have gimmicks to make them more unique, there are some character gimmicks that baffle me are unique to one character instead of shared with at least one other character. These are:
  • :ultdk:'s Cargo Throw. Yes, I said it on this thread, but this should be shared with Wario, who can Cargo Throw enemies throughout several of his games.
  • :ultpeach:'s (and :ultdaisy:'s by extension) Floating. Seriously, I think near-everyone is in agreement that this should be shared with more characters: Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, and Mewtwo just to name a few. They could even have a "semi-float" say for Diddy Kong, using his Rocketbarrels like in the DKCR series.
  • :ultcloud:'s Limit. For this one though, I would like it to be reworked into a universal move category. It should be remapped to the Y button by default, and everyone would get an "EX Special" meter that soups up their standard specials in some way. Also, the EX Special meter should store up to three charges. Cloud could still be the only one who can manually charge his EX Special gauge, though.
While it would make some characters a bit less unique, I don't think it would hurt that much.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
  • :ultpeach:'s (and :ultdaisy:'s by extension) Floating. Seriously, I think near-everyone is in agreement that this should be shared with more characters: Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, and Mewtwo just to name a few. They could even have a "semi-float" say for Diddy Kong, using his Rocketbarrels like in the DKCR series.
Totally agree.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I just remembered: Bowser Jr. should share Inkling's ink system. Though it would be best if he only has it on a few normals so that it remains used more extensively by Inkling.

Dark Samus could also have a variant of the above, but with DOT to represent Phazon corruption.

Top Bottom