• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character specific chain grabbing help

psicicle

Smash Ace
Hi, I need some info on chain grabbing foxes, marths and falcos since those make up the majority of my opponents. I can do the d-throw to d-air and I do but a lot of the time the opponent can get out. What are some CGs that are harder or maybe impossible to get out of for those chars? Supposedly, ICs are good against fox right? THe problem is he DIs out of the d-air CG so I need to find out how to CG fox.

Also, any tips on the reverse dair CG? I can't really DI nana forwards and make her d-air at the same time. I usually end up fairing instead.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
A pretty easy chain grab to against fox and falco is to just d-throw blizzard. If they are familiar with the match at all though, chances are this isn't going to work often.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hi, I need some info on chain grabbing foxes, marths and falcos since those make up the majority of my opponents. I can do the d-throw to d-air and I do but a lot of the time the opponent can get out. What are some CGs that are harder or maybe impossible to get out of for those chars? Supposedly, ICs are good against fox right? THe problem is he DIs out of the d-air CG so I need to find out how to CG fox.
If the Fox/Falco is consistently DI'ing out of the D-air chainthrown, then instead of D-airing when you D-throw, Up-smash or F-smash and follow up on it. Blizzard may catch them if they're stupid but I wouldn't count on it.

Reverse D-air chaingrabs are your best bet, but Marth can pretty much get out of all your chaingrabs. Just Up-smash him out of your D-throw and go for Up-airs or something.

Also, any tips on the reverse dair CG? I can't really DI nana forwards and make her d-air at the same time. I usually end up fairing instead.
Use the C-stick. Problem solved.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I like doing d-throw, reverse d-air with Nana, and up-tilt with Popo against floaties. It lets you get a follow up aerial and does a lot of damage. It's about as effective as a chaingrab against a floaty, and it looketh pretty awesome.

Downthrow to up-smash is pretty good at low percents. Against Marth you can often follow up with a spiking f-air, and if there are platforms around, you can land a simple tech-chase afterwards.

Fox and Falco, you could try b-throwing them. Try doing a back-throw and have Nana do a jumping iceblock. If they miss the tech, it resets them and makes them stand in place. Get a grab, and do another tricky option from there.

It helps to confuse your opponent's DI as much as possible with weird things. I also like, as a finisher, using up-throw forward smash. If you release the f-smash with Nana at the right moment, she sends the opponent backwards. This makes their DI kill them at even lower percents, and really messes with the opponent's head.

psicicle

Smash Ace
What about CGing mario? D-throw to d-air is utterly useless against him and the "classic" d-throw just barely doesn't work.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well if you can't chaingrab somebody then you can't. You could try d-throw f-air spike with a tech chase, but I recommend downthrow and just follow up with a combo. Dash attack or up smash followed by up-airs. Chase him around on platforms if possible, and abuse up-air priority.

Top Bottom