• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Select Screen as of now

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, I think it's actually going diagonal. However, so far, it will round of to 35... because we have what the 35 said (Falco, Marth) so far. I wouldn't debunk the 35 until we know the entire roster, this is just telling us we had the wrong idea on how it was going to be set up.

Edit: Actually, if you look, one more character on the top will make Kirby slide to the right, right above Metaknight who is right above King Dedede. Coincidence? I think not. But, I'll wait.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
There's room for 39 characters there, I don't see why it would have to stop at 35! (If the random icon moves once you unlock everyone...there's room for 40!)

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving all of the new redone characters, but it is disappointing that the 35 character roster is likely real. It seems like the Ancient Minister is some form of R.O.B....

Shark X

Smash Lord
I hate this roster for one reason, they are randomly tossed around.

At least Melee's roster had each character grouped by series. Mario and Luigi next to each other, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo next to each other, ect. This roster seems jumbled everywhere and randomly.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I hate this roster for one reason, they are randomly tossed around.

At least Melee's roster had each character grouped by series. Mario and Luigi next to each other, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo next to each other, ect. This roster seems jumbled everywhere and randomly.
Once all characters are unlocked it'll be ordered nicely and vertically

Wolffe

Smash Cadet
Blah, the whole thing needs shifting along, and Pit underneath Samus suggests no Metroid characters

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately...now that I look at it closer, there is only room for 35 characters. There just isn't quite enough room to have 10 icons on each row...so there will be 4 rows of 9.

35 character roster...here we come. :(

Eszett

Smash Cadet
I noticed that the characters in the second row who share a franchise with a character in the first row are offset one column to the right.

Check out Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu. Their "pair" character lies in the next column over and down a row. This could be further extended to the Marth-Ike pair by arguing that Ike is in the eighth column of the second row, but instead gets pushed over to the first column of the third row to maintain the rectangular shape.

It would all perfectly line up if Mr. Game and Watch were removed and put in some other part of the selection screen. More support to the 35-character roster?

Rakath

Smash Ace
It doesn't confirm it, as the same logic of sliding the characters around to get a 35 can also get a 39, 44, and 49 roster. In addition (I did it through testing a sliding roster in Notepad), you can still add reps to Donkey Kong series and Metroid series (although the organization is a bit akward for Mario and Pokemon series, it can be done). Until the cast is large enough to unlock a 9th and/or 10th column, or a 5th row, 35 is neither proven nor disproven.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Serebii says that it lines up vertically correctly when all characters are unlocked. Is he confirming the 35 character roster?! xD

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
35 is an odd number. So I say no. Unless there is a quarter charter box or soemthing. Either way, I am pleased with this game.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I'm loving that character roster. It's perfect for me and there's still some missing from there. I reckon there's more Pokemon to come, considering Melee had more than that.

agag19

Smash Rookie
There were 25 characters in Melee. So saying 35 is an odd number and therefore not true is ridiculous.

Limon

Smash Rookie
36 - Random box = 35 :crying:

I'm going to cry... I though we would have more than 40... I got my hopes too high -.-

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Copied shamelessly from another thread.

Missing 4 characters, Jiggs, Wolf, Sonic, Young Link.

kidicaruspwner

Smash Rookie
^ that roster is fake. there is no sonic. well, it could just be not finished, but i don't know. Why ther be no sonic?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Right now it doesn't look like the rows are going to be in order like people said...
Actually, it does. Look at the image Desruprot posted - most of them are already aligned vertically. All thats needed is Wolf beneath Falco, pushing the others after him in that row on and moving Bowser down to row 4, and it'll be perfect.

Zevox

Top Bottom