• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Character Rooting For E3 Tournament

Who Will You Root For At The E3 Tournament?

• Mario

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Link

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Fox

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rosalina & Luma

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Little Mac

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Villager

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Megaman

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Bowser

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Marth

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Pit

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kirby

• Samus

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Greninja

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Zelda

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I dunno guys. I feel like whoever picks Greninja will be too busy SD-ing with Shadow Sneak. I can't imagine he'll be a pick up and play character. Of course this is assuming they don't get to practice. I'm gonna root for Villager, though, with my main man Kirby following if he gets kicked.

Conis

Smash Rookie
Sonic if anyone picks him (which I doubt will happen), otherwise probably one of the newcomers.

Though like everyone else, I'll probably root for players over characters.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
All newcomers to be honest. The sad thing is there is a high chance non of them will be played, I think most players will pick what's familiar to them.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
All newcomers to be honest. The sad thing is there is a high chance non of them will be played, I think most players will pick what's familiar to them.
That's impossible. 16 players+20 characters+6 newcomers=at minimum 2 newcomers must be picked.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I think you'll be surprised. Most of the players said they are most interested in the newcomers. I'm actually predicting that all of the newcomers will be picked.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to see if Zelda will be played given that she has a new move and will be rebalanced from the lack of Sheik in her kit. Also, does anyone have a list of characters that pros of publicly stated are top priority for them? I'm curious to see what characters are guaranteed to be in it.

Hong

The Strongest
ZSS, Villager, Rosalina are all too technical to stand a chance.

Little Mac and Bowser have a great chance to advance to the finals. I voted on Little Mac.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*
Go Link *clap clap clap*

Link's gotta win this to claim fame and turn the tables.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see someone do well with wii fit trainer. Prove that she can be a worthy fighter.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Villager and Mega Man are my top picks for newcomers. As far as veterans go, gotta respect the Marth (Ken, where you at?) and Pit. Really curious to see how Pit plays before the BestBuy demo.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
If it was strictly about winning, they would have invited the best players. With the nature of the invitational, everyone's interested in trying out the newcomers

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Basically anyone but Fox or Marth. I'd prefer to see a newcomer win. Bowser would suffice though.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'll say it would be great if WFT won the whole charade.

But of course I'll root for what aMSa picks.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I go for Bowser. Why? Because he has been underated before, and now he is a friggin badass

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Zelda has to prove that she is a top tier in this game.:zeldamelee::zelda: I really hope that she's a competitively viable character this time around. I'll still play as her regardless but it'd be nice if she was good.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Its going to be hilarious if a character wins that is proven later on down the line to be a low tier character XD

Neon Borealis

Smash Rookie
Wow. It seems I'm the only one rooting for Olimar XD. Even though it is very unlikely he'll win, let alone be chosen.

But still. Olimar will always be my main.... That, and I really want to know his new final smash.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Its going to be hilarious if a character wins that is proven later on down the line to be a low tier character XD
Well, Ike and ROB are considered to be two of the best characters in the game for FFA's in Brawl, and neither is particularly good in 1v1, so its very possible.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
For the glory of the Koopa Troop! You have my utmost support, Bowser. ^-^

I'm really interested in seeing how much more formidable he's become.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Greninja (and also Mac). I so want to see them become competitive favorites, and just favorites in general.

Top Bottom