• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Redesigns! What do YOU want them to look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I was thinking: Which characters do WE want to go under a costume change or cosmetic change? Do you want Little Mac to have his Wii design or his Brawl design? Should Pac-Man go new or old-school? Which incarnation of Zelda to choose? This is the place YOU state what designs you want your characters to have.

DISCUSS!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Well, from my understanding, Link's design in this game seems to be mostly based on his Twilight Princess incarnation, so I suppose the same should also apply to Zelda (and Ganondorf)?

I can think of few veteran/revealed characters that actually have a lot of different designs and incarnations to choose from. I suppose it would be nice if Peach had an alt for her ponytail, or if Villager had an alt for the female player character. Maybe Yarn Yoshi as an alt for Yoshi.

I'm perfectly fine with the designs the characters have been given so far.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
toon link should be able to switch between young link and toon link
If impa gets in a really hope its her skyward sword design

D

Deleted member

I hope that some characters will get alternate costumes like Wario has his WarioWare outfit and his overalls outfit. It would be pretty sweet to see Mario be Dr. Mario and Luigi dressing up as Mr. L.

With the topic of the thread in mind though, I am fine with most of the current designs.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Characters redesign I want Smash team to start over with:
Luigi - He somehow look little bit odd for some reason... I think it's his mouth look small
Fox - Make him look more like his old self in Smash 64, Star Fox 64, SF643D
Link - More OoT look

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel the new designs fit the characters perfectly.

However, I hope that both Peach and Yoshi look colorful and vibrant; Yoshi taking his Super Mario Galaxy 2 appearance.

I am a huge fan of SS Zelda so I hope to see her design reflect SS even just a little bit! Same goes for Shiek. However, as for Ganondorf, I definitely want to see a full OoT HD outfit. That would be boss.

Much like DK and Fox, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what the team does with Diddy, Dixie (^_−☆), Wolf, and Falco. Hmmmmm...Falco's HD feathers....smexy!

As for design features for possible newcomers, I definitely want to see rebooted Little Mac with shiny fabric and detailed muscles, KIU Palutena with a shiny glow effect, a scaley King K. Rool (reptilian scales), a anime-esque Takamaru that combines his Samurai Warriors and his traditional image, a mix between traditional and Other M Ridz, and white-sprite Sheriff.

On a similar note, I feel it would have been awesome to have included spray effects. Basically, upon being hit by a powerful attack, certain materials eject from the smashed opponent. Examples include:

Spit from Mario and Link
Glitter from Peach and Zelda
Angel feathers from Pit
Egg shells from Yoshi
Fire from Bowser
Hair from DK and Diddy Kong
Bolts from R.O.B.
Energy emission from Samus
Discharged static electricity from Pikachu
Fur from fox and wolf
Feathers from Falco.
Etc

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Personally just want to see Takamaru if he gets in get a slightly new redesign (similar to Pit)
as well as seeing Little Mac with his Punch out Wii design.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd prefer if both Zelda and Ganondorf happen to keep designs from Twilight Princess and Brawl. But much like Link, their colors should be more vibrant. Maybe, just maybe, Falco can have one of his more unique costumes, Like the one from Assault. And if Ike does come back this time around, I'd like it if his older self was playable. Lastly, It'd be cool if Wario's plumber outfit was the default instead of the Wario Ware biker look. Seeing as how that one is more iconic. Though if it isn't, it's not that big of a deal.

For potential new characters I say that Little Mac should have his costume from the Wii Punch Out game. And for Ridley, I'd go for something inspired by Super Metroid.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'd prefer if both Zelda and Ganondorf happen to keep designs from Twilight Princess and Brawl. But much like Link, their colors should be more vibrant.

TP/Brawl Ganondorf with bloodred-trimmed armour would be epic. Still, I'd be fine with his OoT look, and Toon Ganon would also be acceptable.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see...

Fur detail on Ice Climbers and King Dedede's coats
Feathers on Falco and a mix between his various looks akin to Fox
Meta Knight's mask, sword and shoes to have a more metallic look
More vibrant colors in general (especially Wario, Peach and Yoshi as Mario characters should be nice and vibrant)
Better blush for Ness, Lucas and Ice Climbers
More realistic finger detail for Wario
Better hair ( for those who have it)
Ganondorf and Zelda should look similiar to Link with a TP look with vibrant colors
Scales and more realistic leaf and flower look for Ivysaur, Better shell coloring for Squirtle and scales for Charizard
Perferations and visible bolts for ROB
etc.

For possible newcomers I would say

Other M Ridley to match Samus
A suttle glow around the edges for Palutena and Starfy
Scales on K. Rool (similiar to Bowser)
New Pac-man
Realistic hair and clothing detail for Shulk and Isaac (especially scarf and pants)
Little Mac's look from the newest Punch Out!

Things like these should help the characters look more HD in Smash 4

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
or possible newcomers I would say

Other M Ridley to match Samus
A suttle glow around the edges for Palutena and Starfy
Scales on K. Rool (similiar to Bowser)
New Pac-man
Realistic hair and clothing detail for Shulk and Isaac (especially scarf and pants)
Little Mac's look from the newest Punch Out!
I hope you mean the Pac-Man Party version down there in my sig and not the Ghostly Adventures version.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope that pikachu this time looks more...angry or serious like this:

I really don't like so much that pikachu looks happy all the time,it's weird. XD

Ascended

Smash Ace
I want Zelda to have her Skyward Sword look, but I'm not sure that'll be happening considering Link's appearance.

For possible new characters, I want Other M Ridley, Pac-Man World Pac-Man, and Punch-Out Wii Little Mac.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If Roy gets back in I'd kind of like his redesigned look from Awakening. It's one of the few redesigns most people actually liked from the old lords.
On a similar note if Ike gets back in, I hope he DOESN'T get his redesigned look from Awakening. He looks insanely scrawny and frankly not strong enough to weild his own blade.

I really hope Yarn Yoshi ISN'T the default look for everyone's favourite(rightfully so) glorified Mario powerup. Bright and colourful for him is the way to go. Borrow the look from Galaxy or New Super Mario bros. with any luck.

I'd actually prefer if they go back a bit for Peach and use the design from Melee. Probably my favourite look of hers, especially regarding her larger hair. It's a really minor alteration between Melee and Brawl, but one I noticed anyway.

Love the idea of the bits of spit, glitter, egg shells, energy, bolts, fire, hair, etc flying off a Smashed opponent. Very creative. We probably won't get it, but that's one of the best suggestions I've heard on these boards for an aesthic addition.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd like if the rest of the Zelda crew follows Link with TP designs, they're simply the best looking, especially for Smash Bros I feel.

I feel that Wario's overalls costume should be the standard one, given that's his most recognizable outfit. However, it's not like it matters much.

If Ridley is a character, then I'd love for him to have the Brawl design. However, given the major presence of Other M representation I highly doubt it could happen.

For K. Rool he should have his original king's outfit from DKC, but I'd also love an alternate costume as Kaptain.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
The fanboy in me would love to have a "classic" Sonic, but I don't see that happening. I guess I also want Overalls Wario to be the standard, and I'd kind of like a Skyward Sword Zelda.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
melee

brawl

ssb4

Make him look like in Melee, but with more and sharper textures - HD.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to see a Marth get his re-design from Awakening. With that said, I'm all for updating the looks.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Donkey Kong should look like Donkey Kong from Tropical Freeze. DK never looks like DK in the Smash games to me. There is always something a little off. Though I thought his Melee version was fairly close to the general DK look at the time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id rather like zelda to based on her skyward sword design, preferably the reddish dress from the start rather than the white one

Hong

The Strongest
I like the art direction towards primary colours. Characters like Dedede already have the right idea, so I hope to see other fighters with rather washed palettes getting proper treatment. Just looks better with the variation of environment in Smash Bros. If Ike comes back (which I doubt), he should use his RD design, with his DLC design as an alternative costume.
I'd like to see a Marth get his re-design from Awakening. With that said, I'm all for updating the looks.
What, the DLC Marth? That would be a bit silly, since they just used that outfit for him so they could head-swap with Lucina.

Definitely should use his FE12 look.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like the art direction towards primary colours. Characters like Dedede already have the right idea, so I hope to see other fighters with rather washed palettes getting proper treatment. Just looks better with the variation of environment in Smash Bros. If Ike comes back (which I doubt), he should use his RD design, with his DLC design as an alternative costume.What, the DLC Marth? That would be a bit silly, since they just used that outfit for him so they could head-swap with Lucina.

Hmm... as much as I like the DLC Marth... I do admit, that does look better.

But if Roy returns, give em' the DLC one.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Make Falco very feathery
Give Pac-man the classic adventure design
Make Samus with more of a Metroid prime 3 look
Give Dark Samus the Metroid prime 3 look
If Ike returns give him the awakening design

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I like the art direction towards primary colours. Characters like Dedede already have the right idea, so I hope to see other fighters with rather washed palettes getting proper treatment. Just looks better with the variation of environment in Smash Bros. If Ike comes back (which I doubt), he should use his RD design, with his DLC design as an alternative costume.What, the DLC Marth? That would be a bit silly, since they just used that outfit for him so they could head-swap with Lucina.

Oh, god. HD Marth is gonna look even more like a girl. He's gonna be so pretty it won't even be funny.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of Little Mac's Wii appearance so I hope he looks more like that. His Assist Trophy look was a better reflection of how he appeared on the NES but I think his newer design is a better approach.

As for the Zelda characters, I'm pretty sure Zelda/Sheik/Ganondorf will appear in their TP/Brawl designs so they're consistent with Link. The fourth Zelda slot can be used for a character with a different artstyle. Maybe Tingle, or another Link.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of Little Mac's Wii appearance so I hope he looks more like that. His Assist Trophy look was a better reflection of how he appeared on the NES but I think his newer design is a better approach.

As for the Zelda characters, I'm pretty sure Zelda/Sheik/Ganondorf will appear in their TP/Brawl designs so they're consistent with Link. The fourth Zelda slot can be used for a character with a different artstyle. Maybe Tingle, or another Link.

Mac's new design is much cartoonier as well. It would fit right in with the Smash 4 aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom