• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchup Link

FoxID

Smash Cadet
Okay, is it just me or do IC's complete **** Link players? Our ice blocks stop the boomerang and arrow in its tracks. A couple mindgames into a wavesmashed d-smash is pretty easy to land on a link due to the intense lag he has on most of his attacks. (i.e. Snaaaaaah!)
I'm a falco main who has always had trouble fighting link due to his Up-B semi spikes. My friend always taunts me when he lands it on me. (Him- Want a snaaaah-ck?!) So I picked up IC and completely owned him. No stock loss. Then I played a link in my school using IC and ***** him. I was wondering if IC counters link or do my friends just not know how to fight an IC player?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's Scraaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh noob.

It sounds like your opponent is being dumb by using laggy moves vs a character who can effectively kill him out of one hit.

I don't think IC vs Link is particularly bad for the Link. Maybe slight favour to IC but not by much.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'd agree. If the Link is playing smart he'll just toss his boomerang(or pull a bomb and not toss) before he tries anything slower to bust him out of any potential grab combos that you'd normally be able to punish him for.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Many characters need platforms to beat IC.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there is only one neutral devoid of platforms altogether.

HiIH

Smash Lord
If you played Link, you'd know that alot of characters **** Link. For the Link to win he has to Nair alot and throw ****. In other words, he has to play super gay. I personally hate the matchup, mostly because IC's chaingrab and grab combos are pretty devastating to Link.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Standard grab combos aren't all that devastating on Link. He's really heavy, which means the d-throw animation lasts much longer. If the IC player does the standard chaingrab perfectly, the Link player has plenty of time to react and DI the grab or SDI the d-air to escape. Being nice and heavy, you have multiple tries to escape before they can come close to killing you, so you really shouldn't be chaingrabbed to death.

It's another story if the IC mixes up the chaingrabs (reverse d-air, edge combo, etc) but I can't think of a single IC player who does that.

Link's u-tilt/u-air completely destroys Nana because she can't DI out of it. It's difficult for Popo to punish it because the u-tilt has a lot of stun and extends behind him. F-air/jab/n-air and even f-tilt are effective at stopping IC's approach. Link might have to play creatively, but really I find this match-up to be closer to even.

This all comes from playing Skler and Spife; both of them said they don't have problems with the ICs. (And no, I'm not the only IC they've played... :p)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I conquered Skler at Pound 3. There was confetti.

But he was still really good and the match was hard. Link's tough when he's camping well, and... he's got a sword. If your opponent knows how to space and use Link's hit-stun, he can keep you out a lot. Fortunately, he eats the same powerful chaingrabs as everybody else, and he's easier to make mistakes with.

Vts

Smash Champion
I conquered Skler at Pound 3. There was confetti.

But he was still really good and the match was hard. Link's tough when he's camping well, and... he's got a sword. If your opponent knows how to space and use Link's hit-stun, he can keep you out a lot. Fortunately, he eats the same powerful chaingrabs as everybody else, and he's easier to make mistakes with.
<3 i want your babies

Top Bottom