• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exposés (26) - NEW! Wario, ROB, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Your videos are all GREAT! I expect you continue with all the characters. Keep it on :)

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Thanks a ton. It's great to see someone explaining the characters rather than showing off that they have the game and just play matches in front of us...It's even better with your commentary since you explain everything and add in your own thoughts instead of just showing off the moves. Thanks again. P2 is cool, too. =P

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
This is great, GREAT.
Members in the Smash Backroom should really be taking a look at these vids, as they can really help decide tiers (as well as Gimpy's competitive videos). This thread could also help with tier discussion and figuring based on character strategies and what not. These really help and I'm gonna people taking another look at them when I get Brawl?

Which characters do you thing will be the most useful?
What are some more impressions you have on the characters you've made videos of?

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the videos, finally videos that goes some what in-depth with characters

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for these, I was glad when I heard that Wolf would be in and now it makes me excited that he could be amazing.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
This should be sticked.
That would be pretty cool. :)

I don't think I'll have much time to do some more videos until next week, but I do plan on getting some more characters done, including Toon Link, ROB, etc... not to mention a few of the buffed returning characters, like Pikachu, Kirby, etc. But it's on my to-do list!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I think he means more like if you're going vertical, once it finishes you can't fall horizontally, sort of like Luigi in Melee.
If you're going any direction, once it finishes you can't go any more horizontally. Yes, it's a lot like Luigi's in Melee.

What this means is that Wolf is easier to edge-hog, and that he struggles to come back to the stage, edge-hog or not, if you're below the stage and only slightly to the left/right of it. All other characters that I've played in Brawl just kind of snap on to the edge, but Wolf sweet spot for this is considerably smaller.

espio87

Smash Ace
If you're going any direction, once it finishes you can't go any more horizontally. Yes, it's a lot like Luigi's in Melee.

What this means is that Wolf is easier to edge-hog, and that he struggles to come back to the stage, edge-hog or not, if you're below the stage and only slightly to the left/right of it. All other characters that I've played in Brawl just kind of snap on to the edge, but Wolf sweet spot for this is considerably smaller.
I guess they had to balance Wolf. He looks like a really good character, nevertheless

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Wow, nice videos! I really appreciate the time you put into this and like hearing your analysis.

If possible, I would like to see a Yoshi video and hear what you think. From what I have read from the Yoshi board, he seems to be improved overall, despite the loss of DJC.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Yoshi is improved, just like Ness is improved despite lack of DJC. People who assumed they were both worse characters without DJC jumped the gun on that one.

Next week I might be able to make a few videos. I have requests for every single character on the roster I haven't done, by the way, so I'll see how many I can get around to.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Could we get some vids like this of the vets? Just to see the changes. There aren't too many of fights with them out there.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
In my opinion, I think you should do all the characters that aren't being played first, since the people who main them don't get any video representation.

These including Yoshi, DK, etc.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Man, snake is awesome! Thanks for these videos, it's better since you actually inform a lot more than everybody else does. Subscribed to you on youtube too.

bigblack

Smash Rookie
Falco still looks good too me. Wolf is awesome and so is ZSS! Pikmin and Olimar is a very interesting character!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Your vids are great, I'd just like to add that Farores wind (which was left uncovered) Hurts on her reapearance, making it more effective recovery wise.

I'll say it before and I'll no doubt say it again. Zelda = Most buffed veteran.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Some things you forgot to mention man:

Sheik Side-B is a Tether Recovery Move. Her Up-B is a killing move.

Other than that, great job!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Man, are you serious? I forgot to talk about Zelda's up B? Argh. Even with a list, I forget to do stuff.

Oh well... Zelda's up B is mostly the same, though I didn't know about it hurting on re-entry, so thanks for that! Maybe you should kindly post that in the comments of my Youtube video if you haven't already. ;)

Also, can Sheik's side B grab the edge? I actually didn't try it myself (stupid, I know), but my one friend said he tried it and it didn't work, so I just took his word for it. Maybe I'm wrong. That's the kind of thing I needed to show in the video if it was true. Argh again.

I hope you guys like the Luigi plushie cameo in the Diddy/Toon Link video. It's pretty funny stuff.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
These are all very interesting videos and I thank you for the time you've put into doing this for the Smash community. :)

My favorite one so far was probably the Zero Suit Samus one. I like what I see. ;)

gamer8

Smash Lord
Thanks for the new info on Diddy especially, I had no clue his down B could be so effective, and I had no idea at all what his side B did, I only thought it humped people's faces.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Unveil The Knee! Do a Falcon/Ganondorf Expose!

By the way I love the videos. All of them are great and I think you have a good eye for important attributes and qualities in each character. The accent is great too! If you had a different voice I don't think the videos would be nearly as cool.

...Seriously!

Edit: Falcon is indeed already done. And even worse, I had already seen it before I typed this original post. :( lol What a ****** I am sometimes.

MechaChief

Smash Rookie
Good job Infil! Thanks for taking the time to do the characters' movesets, I'm awaiting for the blue blur's (since you already did wolf's and lucario's).

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
He already did Falcon and Sonic... do you guys just not look around or what?

Thanks Infil, these videos are really great, and I'm always looking forward to more. You single-handedly got me SUPER EXCITED for Zamus, interested in Wolf, and restored my faith in Sonic.

So when will you do ROB?

Top Bottom