• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exposés (26) - NEW! Wario, ROB, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Unveil The Knee! Do a Falcon/Ganondorf Expose!

By the way I love the videos. All of them are great and I think you have a good eye for important attributes and qualities in each character. The accent is great too! If you had a different voice I don't think the videos would be nearly as cool.

...Seriously!
Accent? ;)

Also, I've done Falcon and Sonic! Look at the first post or in my Youtube channel before you request a character I've already done. :)

omega17

Smash Cadet
If it's not any trouble could you do Ganon and Yoshi next. Everyone says they are not that good and I would like to see so for myself :D.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Man, are you serious? I forgot to talk about Zelda's up B? Argh. Even with a list, I forget to do stuff.

Oh well... Zelda's up B is mostly the same, though I didn't know about it hurting on re-entry, so thanks for that! Maybe you should kindly post that in the comments of my Youtube video if you haven't already. ;)

Also, can Sheik's side B grab the edge?
Yes, Sheik can use her Whip to Grab the Ledge. Tether Recoveries work different now, only Grabbing the Ledge, maybe your friend tried to Grab too low?

Sheik's Up-B kill if you hit enemies with the explosion, it is pretty good. I wasn't talking about Zelda's Up-B, but since you remembered it, yes, it does Damage when she reappears! :bee:

You are doing a great job, I know that it is pretty hard to remember every thing a character can do, so, don't worry. ;)

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like the last ones. They didn't begin with the classic: Ok guys, we're goin' to do/let's do some *character*...

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Nice videos. Thanks for doing them, especially Dedede.. One request people have already said. Could you redo Wario? Thanks anyway! :)

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Why do you always say "I'm running out of time"?
I dunno, maybe he said that because youtube has a 10 minute limit on videos you upload, he was always running up against that limit, and thus running out of time?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Accent? ;)

Also, I've done Falcon and Sonic! Look at the first post or in my Youtube channel before you request a character I've already done. :)
Wow. lol Does it make me look like more of an idiot if I told you I've actually already seen that one? lol I can't believe I forgot. Wow. Just wow. Anyways yeah nice job.

*owned*

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Some new ones!

Kirby and Pikachu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjBVRArPW3c
Robot and Wario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPIzWB6eaM

I redid Wario for you guys, since he didn't get fair treatment in my other video.

I also did Link and Ganondorf, but the upload isn't done yet. It'll be done in an hour or so!

I dunno, maybe he said that because youtube has a 10 minute limit on videos you upload, he was always running up against that limit, and thus running out of time?
We have a winner! :)

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Great you, you are doing all of us a great favor. Oh, and the pikachu video doesn't work.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
If I have time in the next while, I'll try to do a Mario/Luigi video, as well as maybe Donkey Kong and Bowser. I'll see what I can do!

empty

Smash Cadet
i wanted to thank you too. I was wondering why no one else was doing this as soon as they got the game. surprisingly, you are still the only one.
keep up the good work, and hopefully you'll finish all the characters before the game launches

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I'd normally be turned off by Youtube videos do to Youtube being pretty horrible quality. Once you look past that though, I found your videos surprisingly well done and informative and I now have 'em all on my iPod - so I'd like to say thanks. Well done. :)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I've uploaded all the original, higher quality videos to a server online. I will post the link to them later, providing I get permission from the person hosting it. :) This would only be for people who wanted to archive them on their hard drive and/or something like an iPod. For people who just want to watch them normally, I would still recommend the Youtube links.

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Hey man, thanks a lot for these videos! They're really great.

One would think that if you saw all that a character can do before playing the game it would kinda kill some hype, but these vids do the exact opposite, the just make me more eager to get the game. Besides that, they are so awesome, I find myself watching the vids of characters I don't really care much about or use at all in melee.

Anyways, nicely done, and keep'em coming =D

cwistofu

Smash Rookie
peach time please

BTW, great videos, thanks for taking the time to do all of them. The ZSS vids were particularly awesome!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
REQUESTING LUIGI!

Also, you completely forgot Ganondorf's recovery, and I'm curious as I've seen some interesting things about it (such as turning into an uppercut if failed to grab?)

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Again, thanks for the videos and I'm looking forward to the higher-quality links.

Something I think worth noting though, and you may already be doing this, but it seems sometimes you miss out on big things. I think it's important that you have a checklist in front of yourself so you never miss anything. I can tell that you at least have a mental checklist because you often show things in the same order (which is a good thing) but at times you miss things.

Perhaps a good checklist to go over (in order so you don't miss any) would be :

- Neutral Attack
- Combo Attack
- Down Tilt
- Forward/Back Tilt
- Up Tilt
- Walk Speed, Run Speed, Turn Animations
- Dash Attack
- First Jump, then Second+ Jump
- Neutral Air
- Forward Air
- Back Air
- Down Air
- Up Air
- Grab
- Down Throw
- Up Throw
- Forward/Back Throw
- Neutral Special
- Side Special
- Down Special
- Up Special

And then, once you have those down, you could go into special characteristics about the character or attacks that you want to expand on. This way, even if you run out of time you at least covered the basics.

Not that I'm criticizing your work, lol, you're doing awesome. :)

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Your videos helped me see the proper moves of each character, thx. It also allowed me to decide which characters i would want to play with. One of the most reliable ssbb videos.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Again, thanks for the videos and I'm looking forward to the higher-quality links.

Something I think worth noting though, and you may already be doing this, but it seems sometimes you miss out on big things. I think it's important that you have a checklist in front of yourself so you never miss anything. I can tell that you at least have a mental checklist because you often show things in the same order (which is a good thing) but at times you miss things.

Perhaps a good checklist to go over (in order so you don't miss any) would be :

*snip*

Not that I'm criticizing your work, lol, you're doing awesome. :)

Yeah, I have a piece of paper in front of me, but even then, it's pretty easy to miss stuff. Like, in some cases, I have 6 or 7 things I want to mention about a particular move (like Wario's bike: you can eat it [which I forgot to say], you can get off it, you can get back on it, you can't use it for a few seconds after it is removed from the battle, you can use it for recovery, even if you've used all your jumps, you can do wheelies on it, you can pick it up and throw it, you can destroy it and throw the items, etc...). So, while I'm doing the video, even though I have all that written down, in the back of my mind I'm trying to not forget any of those points. Plus, you actually waste a lot of time looking up and down at the piece of paper... precious time I could be using to show combos and moves. :)

So, in the end, I occasionally get sidetracked or forget to show something, and sometimes I spend way too much time trying to set up a move, like Diddy's spike, because I keep missing the attack. It's unfortunate, but over the course of a 10 minute video, it's pretty easy to have happen.

But I'm glad people are liking my videos. You'll note that I often respond to Youtube PMs, comments in my videos, and add necessary descriptions to the Youtube video caption when I forget something important, so I'm trying my best to be thorough.

Top Bottom