• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exposés (26) - NEW! Wario, ROB, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf

Infil

Smash Journeyman
No, Pit's d-air does not spike... at least in my experience.

My next video will probably be veteran characters like Kirby, Pikachu, and DK. Like I said, it will probably be a day or two before I can make this video, but I intend to do it when I can find some time. I probably won't make an Ice Climbers video for a while, mainly because I'm sure most people around here just want to see how they desynch, and I'm pretty bad at doing that!

Teevo

Smash Rookie
Simply put, this is probably the single best thread on the entire forums, Great job, and thanks much for taking the time to do this.

I was actually kinda feeling worried about brawl before I watched these videos, what with all the pessimism around here lately. But watching them made me realize how much more fun the game looks than melee! Heck they're even fun just watching.

Thanks again!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I was actually kinda feeling worried about brawl before I watched these videos, what with all the pessimism around here lately. But watching them made me realize how much more fun the game looks than melee! Heck they're even fun just watching.

Thanks again!
I had some friends out last night to play the game. They were all seasoned Melee players who participate in the local tournaments here. Some of them were excited for Brawl, while others came in with a bit of hesitation, since they've heard a lot of the pessimism on the forums as well.

After an hour, all their fears were alleviated. By the end of the night, they didn't want to stop playing. And yes, we played some games with items on, but most of them were in a tournament-like setting. The game is changed so much that it feels extremely refreshing, yet familiar.

espio87

Smash Ace
I second this
and I third it. but if you do another lucario vid you should focus on how stronger lucario gets when he receives damage. you should probably do his attacks when he's at 0%, 50%, 100%, 150% and 999%:grin:
and I would like to see a video with Luigi if you're gonna use veterans.
EDIT: looking forward for the Kirby vid, and if you haven't finished it yet, try to see if his throws were buffed.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Okay, wow. I gotta say, as worried as I was about lag-canceling getting axed, this thread has made me realize something-- a lot of characters really DO seem to have next to no lag on most aerials. Good news, I could never really tell from gameplay vids.

Hypothetically, even if only the 10 least laggy characters in Brawl wound up being tourney-viable in the long run... well, wouldn't be too much different from the current state of Melee, would it?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Okay, wow. I gotta say, as worried as I was about lag-canceling getting axed, this thread has made me realize something-- a lot of characters really DO seem to have next to no lag on most aerials. Good news, I could never really tell from gameplay vids.

Hypothetically, even if only the 10 least laggy characters in Brawl wound up being tourney-viable in the long run... well, wouldn't be too much different from the current state of Melee, would it?

One thing my videos don't really showcase too well is the fact that most of the slower characters with laggy aerials have a lot of no-flinch frames on many of these moves. So just because a move is laggy doesn't mean it's completely useless (this paradigm was largely true in Melee).

Again, just another shift in the style of gameplay between Melee and Brawl. In our limited experience with the game, we feel there's no character that doesn't have some serious potential.

I'm not too sure how much more I can do with Lucario! I did a tutorial with him, did a whole video on his recovery, and he was my opponent character for the Samus/ZSS tutorial. He's gotten more exposure than any other character I've done yet! I need to spread the love around!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
A question, is it possible to, if someone shields, make an infinite combo with a too quick to be intercepted by a grab? (with pit/metaknight)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
No, Pit's d-air does not spike... at least in my experience.

My next video will probably be veteran characters like Kirby, Pikachu, and DK. Like I said, it will probably be a day or two before I can make this video, but I intend to do it when I can find some time. I probably won't make an Ice Climbers video for a while, mainly because I'm sure most people around here just want to see how they desynch, and I'm pretty bad at doing that!
I second this. Pikachu and Kirby

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Holy Crap, if you tap up and down with Samus's taunt, you can transform into Zamus. Thats pretty kick ***.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Helpful vids as always, its great to see dictation of the various moves so we can know what's changed and the like. As always, looking forward to more. Thank you for doing this for us.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Were you guys really DIing those wolf combos? It's hard to imagine that those would even be possible considering Brawl's crazy DI.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
And that sealed the deal.

WOLF=MAIN :D

I loved Wolf in SF64, and I was so afraid he would be a clone, wich is why I was against him first, but after seeing initial vids I was "Wow he looks ace!"

And after seeing your vid i'm just way too excited. Too bad he's a ***** to unlock.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Were you guys really DIing those wolf combos? It's hard to imagine that those would even be possible considering Brawl's crazy DI.
We weren't doing much DI in the training videos, no. But we've played several matches against each other's Wolf, and he comboes like crazy, even when you're trying your hardest to get out of it. You're not completely helpless, but he sure can take you for a ride, since he has so many options, and can finish with that spike to put you back on the ground (ie, prevent you from DI-ing, and restart another combo if you miss your tech). We wanted to demonstrate this type of stuff in the video as much as possible.

Whoever says Brawl doesn't have any combo ability should play Wolf for a little bit!

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Haha wow. Wolf sounds amazing. He'll be more than likely a replacement for Falco for me.

Digman

Smash Rookie
I just watched a few in a row and subscribed. Most informative Brawl vids I've seen yet thanks man. ZSS is wow.

Coselm

Smash Ace
In the Pokemon trainer video, you can actually see the pokemon physically exhausted after about 2-3 minutes without switching.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, these are great videos. The two on Zero Suit Samus really opened my eyes. She looks like an incredibly fun character to play with, and it's awesome to see that she gets that extra third jump with her Down B.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for going through the trouble to make these videos. It was cool to see the characters moves, and restored my faith in some of them (I had heard ZZS was horrible, but from the vid she looks like she'll be pretty good). Sweet.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wow, i justed watched a few of these and they're very informative. i can't wait to try out wolf now, and zzs looks awesome. are ROB and toon link next? i would really like to see an ROB one.

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, I'm officially playing as Wolf as my secondary thanks to your new video. Wolf seems better than Falco to me especially with his Down Air always spiking versus Falco's which is a bit harder to do than Melee's (which I want to be easier, so Wolf is my choice). I wanted Wolf in SSBB and I got him, so I'm going to use him like I had planned to from the start and this just pushed me further to do so.

Pikachu next plz!!!! Or Diddy Kong, or Donkey Kong >_>.

Top Bottom