• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exposés (26) - NEW! Wario, ROB, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf

Robble

Smash Cadet
Thank you for these videos. It's great to have someone actually explain a lot of what you were assuming and find out what you were right and wrong about.

so I won't be able to do Wolf or Toon Link or something for a while.
Unlocking characters semi-spoiler, behind a spoiler tag because the "How to unlock everything quickly" topic has spoiler tags too and I don't want someone upset with me for no good reason:
You can unlock every character in the game through doing enough versus mode fights. You could set up a Stamina match versus one CPU, with those poison flowers turned on and the CPU set to only have 1HP. The way I heard it the CPU instantly dies and you can just do this fight over and over again until you unlock everyone. Just an idea?

Symphony X

Smash Lord
MOAR VIDZ PLZ I WANT IKE

But seriously, all jokes aside, these videos were great. Thanks a lot for making them.

I'd like to request videos includ-
As for future videos, I can't satisfy all requests I'm afraid, but I have plans to do:
- Pikachu, DK, Kirby, and Mario/Luigi (in one video)
- Fox, Falco, Wolf (in one video)
Oh. Nevermind. :D

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
In that short amount of time with Wario, you answered two of my biggest questions about him:
Does his bike help him recover?
Is the shoulder bash his fsmash?

So thank you!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Thank you! It's very informative and answered some of my questions :) I'd like to request a Luigi vid :p

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
HAHa, oh wow! I did NOT know that Snake could plant mines on people's faces! Is there any way for the opponent to shake them off? And can he drop them on opponents from above?

Requesting one for Lucario, Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thxs for ike
that was the first time i saw RAR with ike and its really good thx u for that

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME!
Planting C4 on people was one of my favorite things to do in MGS, I'm glad it's been brought here.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
Yeah, terrfic vids. It really gave us a better look at Sonic than anything I've seen yet. I just wish the Wario vid hadn't cut off, I'd have liked ot see more of it.

I'm gonna request a vid for G-dorf, Diddy, Lucario & PKMN trainer. Though I'm sure you'll get to all of them in time. Thanks

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to give some props for the good job and I'd like to say a bit more Wario would be cool, but keep up the good work.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thank you! This is exactly what I hoped people would do when they got brawl. I know you can't do everything everyone is asking for but I simply want to ask for one thing and give one suggestion.

PLEASE do one for ZSS. No one is asking about her and she doesn't show up very often at all. She looks very interesting but people seem to forget her.:ohwell:

And if you do a PT one than I would hope you devote one whole vid to him seeing as there are 3 characters there.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Thank you very much for these videos! If I could request anything, I would like to see a video showcasing Ganondorf. I know his moves changed a little bit, and with the lack of L-canceling I'm curious to see how he might play now.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
About planting the C4 on your enemies with Snake. I realize it's probably pretty hard to do it on a moving target in regular play. But how exactly does Snake's down throw work? Does he have time to do anything to his opponent after he's lain them down? If so, does he have enough time to plant C4 on a down thrown opponent?

Could be very useful.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to say that I really enjoy watching these videos, and it's a shame that the ends of both Wario's and Ike's demos were cut short! Oh well, looking forward to more!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Are you going to make anymore? Not to be a pest, or anything...but I would like to know about changes to Luigi and Falco.

Or possibly a comparison Video that has Fox, Falco, and Wolf in it. that would be awesome.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate all the positive feedback. Making these videos takes a lot of time, and I'm not exactly the best with every character, so it's hard to demonstrate what will be important to know. I'm quite busy these days, and, of course, I often want to just play the game instead of putting videos up, but I'll see what I can do about all these requests. If I'm keeping notes correctly, I have a request for every character on the roster now, heh. :)

To answer some questions I remember: once Snake's C4 is planted on someone, it can't be blown up, inadvertently or otherwise, by other means (except Snake using down B again), and it can't be shaken off by your opponent. Free KO! And no, Snake won't have time to plant the mine after a down throw (unless the opponent just sits there, I guess). I suspect it will be hard to plant in a match, which is good news for Snake's opponents. Perhaps Snake will be able to do it if he interrupts some combos? Like if he stops his neutral A or f-tilt combos short, he can plant a mine quickly? Dunno.

Some other notes:

Marth's final smash can be dodged by down+shield, but it's a bit hard. The timing for the dodge depends how far away he is, but you can do it AFTER he activates it in most cases. So if you don't like this final smash, you can avoid it. It is NOT an instant KO for Marth if he misses. He goes really far sideways, but eventually stops, hovers in the air for a minute, then can recover (he loses his jumps, but NOT his up B, but if he's really far off the stage, he'll be facing backwards and be pretty much screwed without jumps). If you miss from, say, the middle of Final Destination, though, he will KO himself off the side of the screen (to give you an idea of range).

Kirby can swallow pretty much every item, including big things like the sandbag and party balls. Though if he swallows these, he just remains stationary for a second while he digests, nothing happens. If he swallows items like hearts, spicy curry, metal box etc, he will gain the intended effect of the item. I didn't try it with Wario/Dedede but I suspect it's the same.

Kirby's final smash has quite limited range.

Pikachu's final smash is hard to control, but I think it gets easier near the end? Like it slows down or something. It's not SO hard to control that you can't get some KOs with it, though. Sonic's is a bit easier to control, and the hit properties are a bit different. Instead of getting shocked like with Pikachu's, Sonic's hits kind of hard and you can chain hits together to knock someone off the stage.

Sonic has a lot more potential than even what I showed in the video when you combine his B moves. His down B spin is great once you know how to use it (I clearly didn't in the video ;)), since you can jump out of it after you hit someone and combo them. Sonic is just so ridiculously fast that your opponent will spend the entire match trying to deal with his speed. Not to mention, if you ever get someone high, you can immediately chase with the up B for some good KOs. If your opponent is recovering off the side, his b-air, f-air, AND d-air are all excellent KO choices. There is basically nothing Sonic can't do.

Once Sonic uses his up B spring, he can't use any of his B moves until he lands (this includes trying to "reset" it by doing an A move).

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
Awesome stuff. Thanks for taking time out of playing to do it for us; I know I couldn't. These are exactly the kinds of videos that are best, at least to me, at the moment.

I have no specific request, except for just more in general if possible. The next two you have lined up sound good, so I look forward to those.

1up_Shroom

Smash Rookie
Great videos and thanks for the effort. Going out of your way to make these shows you care about the game and its community.

red stone

Smash Ace
thank you for making these videos man. snake looks really awesome and fun to play. i like how you realized ike's potential especially on the reverse bairs

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Really enjoyed the Snake/Marth/Ike video. Especially the Snake part, the mines were confusing me, I didn't know if they were proximity or remote detonation. Thanks for clearing that up.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Oh snap, I thought you sounded familiar.

Thanks for the videos, Infil. You've essentially guaranteed my main in Ike. I'm looking forward to more Videos. I need to play you at least once in Brawl, seeing as we have never had a match in Melee.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
You say Ike's Up Tilt is his bread and butter. How would you use it in a one on one battle specifically?
By tilting the control stick up and pressing A? :) The move is pretty good to stop air entry from an opponent, and/or just to throw out. He only really has two options on the ground if he's being pressured (up-tilt and his neutral A combo, which I unfortunately didn't show in the vid), since these come out fast enough to be useful.

As for more videos, I had intended to maybe make one tonight, but I'm pretty swamped with work, so I might not be able to make any more for a few days. Your requests are recognized, though, so you'll see new videos when I'm able to work on them!

Snakeey

Smash Rookie
can you please make a video of pit,zss,meta-knight:confused: :bee:
the videos of olimar sonic ness...etc. you made were great:chuckle:

Skeet11

Smash Cadet
The Olimar and Sonic video is great. Olimar looks like a beast!! If you could do a video like the showing some Pit that would be awesome. And maybe a better one with Wario, he seems like a really strange character.

Mama

Smash Ace
Very nice videos I quite enjoyed that thank you. Ness looks awesome and I'm really glad to see some Sonic play. I haven't watched that many Brawl videos but this one covered a lot of things I wanted to know. You should do all the characters xD. Do you plan on doing any more? Like Ganondorf or Peach? Also does Ganondorf's down B no longer restore his jump also? If so thats pretty lame.

Top Bottom