• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
To be quite honest, I wanted Lucas kept in because of him embodying Mother 3 more than anything else. I know he was quite different than Ness in a number of moves, but I never had a particular attachment to them as fighters.

My hope remains for Icies, I really don't care about ROB at this point.. even though he's all-but-confirmed. They felt much more flushed out as a character than ROB. They're faces of Smash at this point...

I've voiced a number of times about my stance about Mewtwo, and the rest of the "Big Three" alongside Dixie and Impa.

These final moments are about me being selfish, and I know it. But this is the kind of feral tension that these leaks brings us to.

Gimme the Dee and a RH character!

Edit: Ness classic clear... Lucas is basically deconfirmed.
Well R.O.B, Lucas and Ivysour were my main in Brawl (sadly it seens i lost 2 of them) but yeah... i know how you feel want it or not we all are a little selfish at the end, cause... even if we want everyone to get who they want, we don't care as much for what they want as what we want :p

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I just don't understand... If this is truly the final roster then I can't even front.. I'm salty. Because there were so many missed opportunities. So many characters that needed overhauls remained unchanged. Unnecessary addition of clones that could've served as alt skins. I mean, I was hoping for new moves, new final smashes and better stages. Not half reshashed. IIRC I thought the goal was to better differentiate fighters? Correct me if in wrong but I vaguely remember Sakurai mentioning that he the focus wasn't on new characters but fine tuning the mechanics and changing the way the game was played. Like why man.

Last edited:

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I highly doubt this is the final roster. All of these characters were super easy to unlock. There's generally some characters that take tons of hours.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I just don't understand... If this is truly the final roster then I can't even front.. I'm salty. Because there were so many missed opportunities. So many characters that needed overhauls remained unchanged. Unnecessary addition of clones that could've served as alt skins. I mean, I was hoping for new moves, new final smashes and better stages. Not half reshashed. IIRC I thought the goal was to better differentiate fighters? Correct me if in wrong but I vaguely remember Sakurai mentioning that he the focus wasn't on new characters but fine tuning the mechanics and changing the way the game was played. Like why man.
I was really hoping Mario and Peach would get different Final Smash, but they are the same. . .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I highly doubt this is the final roster. All of these characters were super easy to unlock. There's generally some characters that take tons of hours.
The only clue that we have, in terms of if the roster is final or not, is the lock that's present on All-Star Mode. If the lock is gone, then everyone is unlocked.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well i'm watching http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

He/She's only missing Bowser Jr. and R.O.B then we may see what happens (if that's the full roster or if there are more characters)
It is a she

And I believe that there will be more after this. Sakurai has a tradition of 4 secret newcomers each game.
:falcon64::jigglypuff64::luigi64::ness64:
:pichumelee::roymelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee:
:rob::wolf::lucario::toonlink:

Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. only make 3.
And before you try to argue.
Doctor Mario is a veteran.
Just like Mewtwo if by some string of luck he gets in.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
It's especially frustrating, since Mario's looks as useless as ever.
Yeah, it appears that they didn't even bother to buff it, but Pit gets a whole new Final Smash and it's extremely effective. I know Uprising was released afterwards, but Mario has many games that were released after Brawl. Also, I saw many requests to change his old Final Smash so I don't know why they didn't even bother. I mean, the least they could do was buff the darn thing.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah, it appears that they didn't even bother to buff it, but Pit gets a whole new Final Smash and it's extremely effective. I know Uprising was released afterwards, but Mario has many games that were released after Brawl. Also, I saw many requests to change his old Final Smash so I don't know why they didn't even bother. I mean, the least they could do was buff the darn thing.
It's a simple answer really.

KI is Sakurai's secret new fetish that everyone's aware of now

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
The energy put into all three clones could've been put towards a single unique newcomer, a Ganondorf overhaul. Hell, at the very least a new stage. I'm just sayin though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The energy put into all three clones could've been put towards a single unique newcomer, a Ganondorf overhaul. Hell, at the very least a new stage. I'm just sayin though.
I agree, I stated this before and I'd much rather have either of those than the three clones. I'm very excited to play as my Melee main, but I didn't really want to see him return.

Wait, I forgot about Lucina. I still want her playable. :troll:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'll admit that I thought it was funny when I saw Dark Pit is cloney even for a clone.

Streamer unlocked a Knuckles trophy.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sm4sh is easy, All you do to get 3 Mii Fighters is creating just one.CHEE Z EZ roster started out with 36 in the starting roster, CHEE Z EZ. Most of the unlocking for characters via Classic Mode was most of the time 2.0 - 4.0. The number of challenges to get achievements don't even compare to 1/5 of Brawl's challenge list scrolling left & right.

Conclusion: Sm4sh is very CHEE Z EZ.

EDIT: Here's to hoping the WiiU offers more 3 months from now. Other than the 9.0 intensity from Classic Mode it seems, there's nothing I saw that looked dificult on Sm4sh. So here's to really hoping the WiiU is more challenging, for my sake.
The distribution of development was put into more than just a few clones. Yet if a few clones (not semi-clones, I mean borderline full-blown clones) were the last minute focus, then by all means I'd of begged for a full-blown Falcon clone such as Black Shadow to say the least for something new excluding the Retro F-Zero stage. If they had made a clone of Falcon that's actually from his own series franchise, then overhaul Ganon & make it just a tad more 'unique' to distinguish himself, I wouldn't think that'd be too much effort. But yeah I see what you sayian. So I agree.

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I mean, I'll still buy the Wii U version. I love smash Bros regardless. I just wish there was rhyme or reason to Sakurai's decision making when it comes to the fighters and stage selection.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
What's the unlock criteria for Bowser Jr.? I missed it.
Use Bowser in classic mode on 7.0 with no conitnues

also i think this is the final roster why, the leak didnt have miis, but now it does, so the leaker didnt have miis therfor all star was incomplete.

Zynux

Smash Lord
ROB holds the key.

If "all characters unlocked" message pops up after getting ROB, then speculation is officially done for the 3DS version and we are getting no more characters.

EDIT: Just spotted a Toon Zelda trophy. Guess we can count her out?

Last edited:

Dims

Smash Cadet
Use Bowser in classic mode on 7.0 with no conitnues

also i think this is the final roster why, the leak didnt have miis, but now it does, so the leaker didnt have miis therfor all star was incomplete.
Nah, pretty sure you have Miis from the start in the sense that you can fight against them. Can't see why you wouldn't. The reason it wasn't on the CSS was just that the person hadn't customized a Mii yet. Also, if the leaker didn't customize the Miis yet, that might just point to that he/she did not do everything in the game yet as well.

I used to believe that the leak was the full roster, but this is actually a glimpse of hope for 4 more characters as I see it.

EDIT: Also with the Zipzo tweet and whatnot. I am really routing for Mewtwo at this point!

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
So much of Duck Hunt seems based on Wild Gunman when that wasn't even the most significant Nes zapper game.

D

Deleted member

:(

My faith in Mewtwo's return and Ridley and Dixie/K. Rool's inclusion has just decreased...

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Well this rosters is... underwhelming. I guess it's better than Brawl, but it's not as good as it should have been. Hopefully there's DLC or some Wii U exclusive characters.

Dims

Smash Cadet
If this is the full 3DS launch roster then I firmly believe in a free 4 character DLC for the Wii U release.
It would keep the hype going for the Wii U version, and would keep to the principle of having identical rosters.

Or we get paid DLC later.
Or worst case scenario there is no DLC and this is really all there is to it (which is a fine roster IMO).

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm still pumped. I think this a great roster, smash fans need to feel less entitled, what'd we get 49 with customs (even if I hate customs personally)? I'm amped, sorry everyone, I'll be the minority.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
As a Ridley supporter who's gone through so much these last few months this roster feels like a kick in the teeth. I wish he would've just unconfirmed him rather than play with us like this.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I like the perks of knowing the complete roster early on, but there's no way one should be able to unlock all characters in less than 24 hours by just playing classic mode. I get that it's the 3ds version and they probably just wanted to make conditions easier but seriously? Half of the replay value is in unlocking stuff and we started out with

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Well this rosters is... underwhelming. I guess it's better than Brawl, but it's not as good as it should have been. Hopefully there's DLC or some Wii U exclusive characters.
Skaurai said no Wii u exclusive characters like 100 times.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i knew it was the final roster im actually fine with the roster, probably shouldve made more of the characters unlockable though like lucario and luigi

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit shocked at how easy it was to get every unlockable character. I know people speed run games to try and unlock everything as fast as possible but the criteria of only having to play classic mode until you get everyone is a bit underwhelming and disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom