• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

...Doesn't Classic Mode use those same exact stage clear textures?
For all we know, they could be left over from Classic Mode having more matches akin to previous games.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
...Doesn't Classic Mode use those same exact stage clear textures?
For all we know, they could be left over from Classic Mode having more matches akin to previous games.
Based on what I've heard the textures were found in conjunction with All Star Mode, not classic mode.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Haha that would be an amazing twist.

Daisy as a Little Mac clone who ends up being stronger.
Or she could be a "better" Little Mac by having better jumping, aerials, and recovery. So, she'd be weaker in terms of raw damage, but she'd be less limited in the air. I guess Daisy could be the Captain Falcon to Little Mac's Ganondorf. How ironic that Ganondorf is the taller one - canonically and, I think, in SSB too, Ganondorf's really tall.

Seriously though, I really want a retcon to Daisy's (face) history, abilities, etc. I thought of a game where it starred Luigi and Daisy where Luigi's gameplay is sort of like regular 3D Mario games and Daisy's more like 3D Zelda except more action-y and involves a hammer like this one:

Perhaps it a bit too risqué so, spoiler'd.

It was the first thing to pop into my head after seeing the fan art. Luigi's the classic platformer who's kind of wimpy while Daisy's the tomboy bad*** who wrecks everything in her path.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Or she could be a "better" Little Mac by having better jumping, aerials, and recovery. So, she'd be weaker in terms of raw damage, but she'd be less limited in the air. I guess Daisy could be the Captain Falcon to Little Mac's Ganondorf. How ironic that Ganondorf is the taller one - canonically and, I think, in SSB too, Ganondorf's really tall.

Seriously though, I really want a retcon to Daisy's (face) history, abilities, etc. I thought of a game where it starred Luigi and Daisy where Luigi's gameplay is sort of like regular 3D Mario games and Daisy's more like 3D Zelda except more action-y and involves a hammer like this one:

Perhaps it a bit too risqué so, spoiler'd.

It was the first thing to pop into my head after seeing the fan art. Luigi's the classic platformer who's kind of wimpy while Daisy's the tomboy bad*** who wrecks everything in her path.
Haha why not? The tomboy Daisy complementing Luigi's wimpy nature. She kinda looks she bashed in a monster's (Monster Hunter) head with her hammer. Badass Daisy for Smash 4 DLC :p

Although I doubt Nintendo will try that with Daisy. But she hardly gets any action so they might just introduce her again, somehow....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I used to be half and half about Daisy, but when Rosalina was confirmed, it kinda became clear that she isn't really needed for Smash. Would have loved to see it happen, but I doubt it. At least she wasn't a pipe dream like Waluigi.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I have been wondering why they didn't just make the Daisy palette for Peach a fully fledged alt complete with name alteration since Alph and the Koopalings are things now.

Yeah; Daisy doesn't rule the Toads, thus the neutral B would be questionable, but it's not like Ludwig Von Koopa is known for his ability to turn into Shadow Mario yet he does for his Final Smash anyway.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have been wondering why they didn't just make the Daisy palette for Peach a fully fledged alt complete with name alteration since Alph and the Koopalings are things now.

Yeah; Daisy doesn't rule the Toads, thus the neutral B would be questionable, but it's not like Ludwig Von Koopa is known for his ability to turn into Shadow Mario yet he does for his Final Smash anyway.
Maybe he didn't find Daisy worthy of merit of being an alt. costume.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Nah. Daisy started out in a canon game, but Waluigi started out in a spinoff title. Over time, all Waluigi has ever been is a spinoff character, and by the looks of it, that won't change anytime soon. You could say that Waluigi practically doesn't even exist.
Waluigi does not like this post. :p

But he's so charming. Look at him. :p

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Waluigi is the best character in Mario.

D

Deleted member

Nah. Daisy started out in a canon game, but Waluigi started out in a spinoff title. Over time, all Waluigi has ever been is a spinoff character, and by the looks of it, that won't change anytime soon. You could say that Waluigi practically doesn't even exist.
"Canon"? There is no "canon" in the Mario franchise other than Mario never legitimately being Dr. Mario (based on what Miyamoto has said).

And ignoring the assumed connotation that "spin-off" = "non-canon", Super Mario Land is a ****in' spin-off of the main Super Mario series.
Hell, the Mario franchise itself is a spin-off. Of the original Donkey Kong.
So really, you have no argument.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
"Canon"? There is no "canon" in the Mario franchise other than Mario never legitimately being Dr. Mario (based on what Miyamoto has said).

And ignoring the assumed connotation that "spin-off" = "non-canon", Super Mario Land is a ****in' spin-off of the main Super Mario series.
technically smash is a spinoff as well.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

This guy worries me sometimes.

I don't see how Super Mario Land is exactly Non Canon. Let me remind you that your Brawl and Smash 4 main originated in Super Mario Land 2, and look where he is now!

And Waluigi has absolutely no bearing whatsoever in any plot of any Mario game, I.E. will never be playable.

D

Deleted member

This guy worries me sometimes.

I don't see how Super Mario Land is exactly Non Canon. Let me remind you that your Brawl and Smash 4 main originated in Super Mario Land 2, and look where he is now!

And Waluigi has absolutely no bearing whatsoever in any plot of any Mario game, I.E. will never be playable.
You moron, I didn't say Super Mario Land wasn't canon.
I said it was a spin-off.
You're under this asinine thought process that "spin-off" = "non-canon", when it doesn't.

As for your last point, that is untrue. Waluigi plays a pivotal role in DDR Mario Mix's plot as well as Mario Party 3's plot towards the end.
And think of something for a moment. Remember how I brought up that Dr. Mario never legitimately happened according to Miyamoto? That means an actual non-canon Mario character made it into Smash not once, but TWICE.
With that in mind, even if your poor logic of "spin-off" = "non-canon" is accurate....you have no legitimate case and should keep quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
You moron, I didn't say Super Mario Land wasn't canon.
I said it was a spin-off.
You're under this asinine thought process that "spin-off" = "non-canon", when it doesn't.
I just want you to take a step back and realize that arguing about video games made you type this.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Oh boy, he's brought out the thesaurus.

I agree with you but you don't need to be a pretentious ass about it.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Help with what? Your holy war about what constitutes Mario canon? Jesus Christ.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'm genuinely laughing, holy ****. I wish I could get this worked up about Mario.

D

Deleted member

No. Your attempt to prevent me from being heated.
It only made it worse. And then this was just pouring gasoline on the fire. Way to go, dumbass.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So that you and Cliffjumper don't get into a flame war over this because someone insulted the other. I don't care who has the more valid point, you start insulting someone, you are asking for a flame war.

D

Deleted member

No offense, but you're not helping, you know.
I literally told him that, too.
Now you're going to accused on going on some "holy war" or whatever. Want to join my support group, or should we wait for others to make a bigger party? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Nah, I'm just sitting back and laughing.

You do realize how silly this whole argument is, right?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I literally told him that, too.
Seriously? You're going to get on my case about me repeating your point that he didn't seem to get the first time?

I'm done for tonight. I don't feel like being peacekeeper in a flame war when I'm supposed to be asleep right now. You guys resolve this yourselves.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? You're going to get on my case about me repeating your point that he didn't seem to get the first time?

I'm done for tonight. I don't feel like being peacekeeper in a flame war when I'm supposed to be asleep right now. You guys resolve this yourselves.
Dude, what the ****? I'm not getting on your case.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
It got silly when you called someone an asinine moron for disagreeing with you about Mario canon.

D

Deleted member

It got silly when you called someone an asinine moron for disagreeing with you about Mario canon.
Except....that's not what happened.
I called him a moron for arguing a point I didn't make. That I was saying Super Mario Land wasn't canon. When what I actually said was that it was a spin-off.
I said his logic about "not canon" being the same as "spin-off" was asinine, especially since it resulted in said arguing a point I didn't make.

You need to seriously make a better attempt at reading comprehension before jumping into an argument or you'll do nothing but raise more tension.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Okay, then you called someone an asinine moron for not understanding your point about Mario canon.

You still called someone an asinine moron over Mario canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom