• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
How has Bowser Jr. been changed with the update?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
To me it feels like there's less recovery on the fsmashes, and I think his jab combo does slightly more damage.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Apparently his down throw and down air do .5% less. That's all I know for now. I don't think he was too changed.
Is it weird that former Snake mains gravitate towards BJr, Shulk, and DHD? Something about them...

But we have not yet found any other changes to BJr besides his downthrow doing less damage. I did once hear his downair did less but it has not been confirmed. Once Dantarion makes going through the patch coding possible, we'll be able to find minor changes to BJr that people may have missed.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
<- also a former snake main

I tested all of jr's moves, and I only caught 3 things. His jab combo links better into the finisher, his f-air sourspots do more damage (min 5, was min 2 before), and his dthrow does 1% less

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
So people usually had a problem with recovering that a tiny hit (like flamethrower or megavitamins) would ruin Jr's recovery but not hit hard enough to respawn the clown car, even with A pressed. Seems like a small hit gives it back to him immediately now, just saw it on the replay channel against a Charizard (Jr won for once!). I think Dair doesn't quite take as long if it misses either.

Down throw does less damage but it seems to knock back a tiny bit less too. In other words, it could be much easier to combo with!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Is it weird that former Snake mains gravitate towards BJr, Shulk, and DHD? Something about them...

But we have not yet found any other changes to BJr besides his downthrow doing less damage. I did once hear his downair did less but it has not been confirmed. Once Dantarion makes going through the patch coding possible, we'll be able to find minor changes to BJr that people may have missed.
Lol I actually haven't seen any other Bowser Jrs and thought I might of been the only Snake to go to him. More people were saying DHD but I don't see it.
<- also a former snake main

I tested all of jr's moves, and I only caught 3 things. His jab combo links better into the finisher, his f-air sourspots do more damage (min 5, was min 2 before), and his dthrow does 1% less
Wow, the jab finishing better is a very good buff. Is this 100% confirmed? And sweet for the sour spot fair :)

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Also, either Shiek's bomb thing has been nerfed hard or it didn't disrupt the fsmash, maybe it's slightly super-armoured now?

Also I think jabbing is harder to escape now, even high level cpu Jigglypuff had a hard time wriggling out.
Seems to be even heavier too, probably to offset low kill power or something.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, fair had some weird hitbox properties where it decreased steadily from 11 all the way down to 2. Since it has the same animation and only goes down to 5 now, our sourspot fairs are going to do substantially more damage on average, especially the late ones when we go for the autocancel window.

Also, vectoring seems to have been weakened by quite a lot according to some other people testing, so I think that may have something to do with why jab works now.

Last edited:

Christhewolf63

Smash Cadet
I think they removed his F-smash wiff spot. .. That's huge!

It now only has a sourspot now which only affects the skinniest of characters (wii fit trainer)

Last edited:

Shadow_nobody

Smash Rookie
So what I know is that dair and down throw got nerfed. It appears what they did is make his Dair drill (same one used in the down throw animation) hit 2 fewer times along with the damage reduction.
However doing more min damage with Fair, not whiffing Fsmash up close, and jab combo hitting better definitely seems like a better trade.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
So what I know is that dair and down throw got nerfed. It appears what they did is make his Dair drill (same one used in the down throw animation) hit 2 fewer times along with the damage reduction.
However doing more min damage with Fair, not whiffing Fsmash up close, and jab combo hitting better definitely seems like a better trade.
The dair seems to lag a little less if it misses too.

T-block

B2B TST
Am I the only one that feels it's much easier to connect with u-smash now?

Can't quite put my finger on what changed, but it seems to hit grounded opponents more often now. U-smash has become my #1 kill move.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
It surprises me that there's some connection between Snake mains and Bj. I absolutely hated Snake. I didn't like how most of his moves were delayed. The only thing I liked about him was his Dthrow (I thought it was funny). But I'm a happy Bj main.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
OKAY! I'm not entirely sure about this one because well, it feels like attack priorities are biased when CPU players are involved (usually in their favour of course) but when I was passing time today I was against a Sanic Sonic and I was actually able to override the much-abused spin dash through Clown Karting. Interestingly the spinout and spindash just cancelled each other out but riding straight ahead actually beat out spindash.

Try it against some human players, it might work there too, noticed someone had some concerns about dealing with that Hedgehog on this board.

Top Bottom