• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
mario is easy. you have better mobility, and you uair juggle the **** out of him. around 70-80 you have easy up b setups.

peach is pretty easy even without a ton of arrows. stay above her, and come down with disjointed attacks. bair, nair, and dair are key. kill with ftilt, bair, and uair. you can also go for super high up b kills on platformed stages.

luigi is an easy match up in terms of he can't do much to you. just win the attrition war.

You cannot CG a good space animal, and it is very difficult to tech chase them reliably. You have an extremely small window that you can grab them before they can react, and CC shine will beat any attempts to just hit them for free %. Your best bet to do ANY reliable percent is to hit them when they're airborn with a usmash or sh uair.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
mario is easy. you have better mobility, and you uair juggle the **** out of him. around 70-80 you have easy up b setups.

peach is pretty easy even without a ton of arrows. stay above her, and come down with disjointed attacks. bair, nair, and dair are key. kill with ftilt, bair, and uair. you can also go for super high up b kills on platformed stages.

luigi is an easy match up in terms of he can't do much to you. just win the attrition war.

You cannot CG a good space animal, and it is very difficult to tech chase them reliably. You have an extremely small window that you can grab them before they can react, and CC shine will beat any attempts to just hit them for free %. Your best bet to do ANY reliable percent is to hit them when they're airborn with a usmash or sh uair.
I think...the reason why characters like Peach and luigi are difficult for me is my mentality. They don't like being comboed so I dislike playing against them often...lol. I play against spacies and fastfallers alot so they've gotten easier for me...minus fox...he never gets easier tbh.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you can combo the **** out of peach. just gotta do it differently.
You can combo peach...she's not like luigi..he's closer to puff in that regard. Like you said, you have to win the war of attrition and not go after him for a follow up..or you'll get the boot.

Peach is beatable from up close and long range imo...I just get bored having to play a specific way is all. You can combo her but..in a way that falcon can combo peach...if you know what I mean?

udam8

Smash Rookie
Awkward fall

Is it just me or do other people notice that when u jump 5 times with pit u fall with ur hands straight out and feet together.

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or do other people notice that when u jump 5 times with pit u fall with ur hands straight out and feet together.
I'm pretty sure pit only has four jumps, also the position you described is kind of like a default every character has when the game gets confused (like expecting put to jump four times rather than five)

:phone:

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I proposed this change to the devs when I was talking to one at a tournament Saturday. After the reflection frames of the down b shield, pit should be able to jump cancel out of the shield after the initial reflection frames. Thoughts?

The reasoning behind this is that there's really no reward for using the move at all unless it's in specific matchups and they are recovering poorly. Using the move on stage will only get you punished (as opposed to marios cape which does damage and can be followed up).

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna throw this out there, but I feel that Pit's arrow control scheme when they are released should actually be relevant to the direction you specify on the control stick

In other words, up is actually UP instead of like 45 degrees up and diagonal-up is actually diagonal-up instead of like this 5 degree increase/decrease it gives now

Makes aiming with Pit's arrows really weird and counter-intuitive in my opinion, cause Snake has his Nikita where up is actually UP when controlling it

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The arrows do not need to be buffed. Take my word for it. Making them easier to use would be like Making JC shine's easier......oh wait..

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
What? That can barely even be considered a buff; it's simply making the control scheme consistent with other controllable projectiles

It's not like the current control scheme limits anything anyway; if someone is already used to the way they are now it's not stopping that person from doing everything the arrows already do. You still have to hit with the arrows anyway

Also I think a better analogy would be "Making Pit's arrows easier to use would be like making Ivysaur's Side B easier to smash"

McNinja

Smash Ace
The reason people play melee instead of Brawl is because of all the tech skill melee has. If you want all the characters to be easier to use, just take out the SD card :)

:phone:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
This post tells me other reasons as to why Melee is played over Brawl. Not because of tech skill, but because of the depth Melee has that Brawl simply lacks, and the unnecessary alienation of the competitive side of the game Brawl decided to hold up.

I fail to see how making the control scheme actually make sense would suddenly make Pit become EZ mode and take little effort to play. You still have to actually hit with the arrows in order to do anything with them; it's not like we're making down-b impenetrable, turning the attacker around every time, and letting you jump cancel out of it

And FYI, I play Project M not because of the added tech skill, but because it makes Brawl a far better game than it could have ever dreamed of. And another thing, I find Brawl to actually be harder to play because of dumb stuff like buffer, removal of usable dash dancing, and numerous other idiotic implementations

EDIT: I just thought of this, but Pit's arrows control the exact same way as they do in Brawl. So the whole "play Brawl if you want easier usability" doesn't apply here

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Someone is mad:awesome:

you got some good points and some bad points in that post but all in all it's...pointless...

Why not just farther explain your idea? Perhaps we are simply not getting what you are trying to say so far. If it's good I'll pass it on. So far I got from what you said earlier. 360 degrees of aim on arrow release meaning rather than shoot out at 0 degrees or 90 degrees and having to cover other angles from then. You would rather be able to shoot Arrows at any given direction on a 360 degree scale? Is this correct or way off?

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
i aint even mad <3

Yeah I realize that it was worded badly on my part, so my bad for that. When I was asking for the change to the control scheme, I was talking about how the arrows are controlled AFTER release. If you go shoot some arrows with Pit right now and hold up after you shoot them, the arrows go at a 45 degree angle upwards instead of straight up, and if you hold diagonal-up, the arrows bend to this weird 5 degree angle increase.

I propose that this counter-intuitive design be rectified; have it to where holding up will bend the arrow to move straight up; diagonal-up would make it go diagonal-up, etc.. Every other controllable projectile in the game follows this control scheme, so why not Pit's?

TwinBlade

Smash Rookie
I have to agree. The current control scheme for Pit's arrows is rather unintuitive, personally.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wouldn't this basically give Pit a more useful and faster version of PK Thunder though? Personally, I like it being a little more difficult to control than Nikita as it makes actually looping and landing consistent hits on an airborne target feel far more rewarding because I learned how to bend the arrows appropriately. It also differentiates Pit from basically having Ness, Lucas, or Snake's attack and gives him something that acts and controls completely unique to him.

I think something similar to this was done in the hack Brawl minus when Pit fires directly up, the arrow becomes controlled exactly like Nikita missile, though much slower than the typical arrow. It wasn't exactly what is being proposed of course, just reminds me of it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Wouldn't this basically give Pit a more useful and faster version of PK Thunder though? Personally, I like it being a little more difficult to control than Nikita as it makes actually looping and landing consistent hits on an airborne target feel far more rewarding because I learned how to bend the arrows appropriately. It also differentiates Pit from basically having Ness, Lucas, or Snake's attack and gives him something that acts and controls completely unique to him.

I think something similar to this was done in the hack Brawl minus when Pit fires directly up, the arrow becomes controlled exactly like Nikita missile, though much slower than the typical arrow. It wasn't exactly what is being proposed of course, just reminds me of it.
well that is another good point.

as much sense as this directional aim arrows make...there is no other way of looking at it aside from buffing Pit. I'm pretty good with Arrows as they are now....should they become easier to hit people with....I can't even imagine that lol.

Top Bottom