• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes

McNinja

Smash Ace
What does everyone think of the changes in 2.5 Pit?
Is he less campy now?
Can he REALLY kill better now?

What do people think?

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think his changes now make him insanely good.....he was always good but I feel like he was missing the guaranteed finishes. He's lost some of his extremely safe gimp options in place of that he's been given the tools to challenge pretty much everyone.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't know how but I'd like to apply to moderate. Even if it's only in the Pit section. I plan to turn this place into a place of greatness.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i have to get used to him again. from what little i've played of him he feels the same but more threatening on the ground. i feel like he does have better incentive to approach but i miss going balls deep offstage to secure kills and fly back on. still love pit though. he's getting sleeped on hard he's so solid, even in 2.1.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i have to get used to him again. from what little i've played of him he feels the same but more threatening on the ground. i feel like he does have better incentive to approach but i miss going balls deep offstage to secure kills and fly back on. still love pit though. he's getting sleeped on hard he's so solid, even in 2.1.
He was solid in 2.1 but he lacked a feeling of completion. He feels complete now. Also you can get kills on stage now so you aren't limited to going off stage for kills. You can also enjoy off stage kills against some characters you just need to be careful about when, where, and who you do it against.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
More balanced and can finally finish off his opponents. Feels good to slam the shield or B-Air them. Newly implemented F-Smash also gives me lots of options.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I also like the fact that the non sweetspot attacks have greater knockback. So even if you somehow miss it you still get damage and a safe distance. Against lighter characters you can even get the kill.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I like Pit, I really do. But I still hate his new Up+B.:mad:
Here are a few questions for Archangel and any other people who main Pit.
1.) Would it be OP if Pit could pivot between the first and second hits of his Forward-Smash?
2.) Do you think it would be too much to ask the PMBR crew to make it that only pressing up or down would affect the angle of his glide, as opposed to forward/back? It's screwing me up. Didn't use to before but now it's getting to me.
3.) Notice how his eyes are shut when using his angled forward-tilt? Reminds me of melee Luigi.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I like Pit, I really do. But I still hate his new Up+B.:mad:
Here are a few questions for Archangel and any other people who main Pit.
1.) Would it be OP if Pit could pivot between the first and second hits of his Forward-Smash?
2.) Do you think it would be too much to ask the PMBR crew to make it that only pressing up or down would affect the angle of his glide, as opposed to forward/back? It's screwing me up. Didn't use to before but know it's getting to me.
3.) Notice how his eyes are shut when using his angled forward-tilt? Reminds me of melee Luigi.
Pit's brawl up-B combined with his glides would never have been deemed Melee-ish therefore wouldn't have fit with the goal of this project.

1.) No it wouldn't be broken but it might be kind of silly.
2.) It wouldn't be too much. I'll mention it when I write my review on him.
3.) I didn't notice that LOL.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Personally I like pit way more now. I liked him in 2.1 but he just lacked a good kill move. Sure he had his UpB but the box on it was soo dinky to the kill it wasn't really worth the trouble. I personally love everything about the new 2.5 pit. He feels like Link but with an aerial up B that can actually kill. Also the new slide input for his second swing like Links F-smash is just great :) I really do like all the work that went into pit.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If pit starts to hit his potential and it's shown on a big stage.....It's possible he could end up getting nerfed in the next release....he's like...super gay like he always was...but now he's a dangerous powerful super gay.

joY

Pot splitter
^

In a gay all of his own.

But seriously, I do agree that further adjustments to his character will probably be made.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Right now his Dair spike doesn't really send them down too far. Even at high percents. The enemy usually gets back to the stage, even over 120%.

Maybe its just because I mainly fight a G&W main and his verticle recovery is crazy good, but idk his spike still seems weak.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The idea is to carry them far away and then hit the dair spike. Even if they have good recovery you should be in position to land the finisher or edgehog even if they recover most of the time. Against people like gaymanwatch you might not even have to Dair spike kill him...he's kinda...idk bad.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Since this thread is called changes I'll ask.
Did Pit get a new run animation? His legs seem to move a tiny bit different and he overall seems more hunched. It's very slight, though. Reminds me of Uprising. His run in Uprising looks so good. I wish they'd use that or something similar. But it's probably way too exaggerated... But better than vBrawl run. That run looks like it has no power behind it.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
No, Pit's run animation didn't get changed.

Also, I really enjoy playing Pit 2.5. Really like the more lenient upb sweetspot as well as the multi-input fsmash change :)

McNinja

Smash Ace
Yeah I love the up b sweetspot change. It helps a ton VS characters that are difficult to gimp.

I must say, I was a little worried about Pit's recovery changes. My favorite thing about Pit was how sick his off stage combo game was. But I can still do great offstage combos without needing a second glide to get back.

So props to the PMBR.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Someone I play vs often has already stated that he feels the new up-b is overpowered.

Proof that it's good lol.
Lol I feel like if you play ANYBODY with Pit, they will think he's overpowered. Unless its like Armada or something. You get the point.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
yeah, Armada is seen as being suppose to win no matter who he gets. Now, Should I go to 1 or 2 PM tournaments and take first then Pit will be nerfed for sure.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Pit is pretty solid, i didn't mess with him much in 2.1 but I'm thinking of picking him up as a character in 2.5

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, just different. Hard to justify better, so different will suffice. For now.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not sure what Pit's worst Match up is tbh. I think as of right now Mario and Luigi(good ones) have given me more headaches than Fox/Falco. but...in different ways. They are about as big of a ***** though. At least you can CG spacies or tech chase them to death. :mad:

McNinja

Smash Ace
What about Peach? I find it difficult to land a kill considering her weight/recovery. Also, A lot of Pit's kill moves need to be comboed into. Peach is very difficult to combo.

Please don't say the key to the matchup is to shoot tons of arrows. It would depress me.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What about Peach? I find it difficult to land a kill considering her weight/recovery. Also, A lot of Pit's kill moves need to be comboed into. Peach is very difficult to combo.

Please don't say the key to the matchup is to shoot tons of arrows. It would depress me.

The key in this matchup
is to shoot a ton of arrows. :troll:

In all seriousness, You will have to play a single hit game with peach since none of your throws kill her if you don't kill her early then you have to try to set her up for a smash attack, Off stage fair, Sweetspot Bair, Dtilt into up-B...something like that. You'll have to master bait in order to get this kind of a set up though. :awesome:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
he's not as fast but he can combo mario and actually gimp his recovery...basically is able to give him a taste of his own medicine and it tastes quite nasty...

Top Bottom