• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes you would like to see done to link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Adding an ability to put your own bombs back into hammerspace would be a tiny little addition that would not hurt Link at all, and improve some mindgames, I think.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Wait, wasn't it confirmed that there's going to be optional moveset changing? This could really change up Link's games, at least B move wise. Who knows, maybe most of the ideas involving the B buttons might be added in!

shrub

Smash Rookie
Here's what I want:
- less recovery after a whiffed grab
I agree with almost all of the suggestions here, but this I especially want. When I play my friend who mains Fox, this is the most common way he beats me.

Also, can we actually expect any buffs, or is this just wishful thinking?

Last edited:

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I was impressed by all of the changes I saw in Link today. Insta-fire arrows and faster run speed should be extremely helpful for Link.

His recovery looks the same as Brawl's.

Heavy C4

Smash Cadet
Custom moves set for link that are't varients of the normal special mvoes but unique in their own regard.

Like Palentina and Mii's. Seriously, Palentina get unique custom special moves but not link?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
They were talking about Smash Wii U on Nintendo Treehouse not too long ago, and it looks like it's confirmed that the first few frames of Link's dair IS a meteor smash. I'm not sure if this has been seen elsewhere, but as far as I know it was still being determined whether or not this attack was overpowered. Great to hear regardless. Link is shaping up to be a pretty decent fighter this time around imo, but I suppose nothing is certain at this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1lyVtQYCM

Confirmed @ 2:16:05

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
an alternate shield mode (normal shield would still be available) that maintains all normal options except for turning around, jumping (pressing jump would make you dodge), and dashing, at the cost of only protecting you from the front

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
Obviously he needs general quality of life buffs from brawl. Please make him less vulnerable during his multi attacks like up smash and up special. The number of times I have gotten punished in brawl because Link spins his sword too slowly to actually hit the opponent is sickening.

Link has sooooo many potential new moves because of all the items he has in his games. Dare I say more than any other character? So here are some ideas I think would be cool:

1) Squatting should put him in his shielding stance like OoT. He would block projectiles and maybe weaker attacks. His Dtilt could then be the stabbing animation from OoT also.

2) Someone mentioned performing the blade beam attack at 0% with neutral A. I like this idea although I would put it on the Ftilt so you can perform it in one slice rather than the three attacks on neutral.

3) In another thread, someone said using bomb arrows by pulling out a bomb and while holding it shoot an arrow. I like the idea of this mechanic.

4) Bomb jumping is fun.

5) He still has so many items for his variations. fire/ice arrows, ball and chain, bombchus, alternative weapons like biggoron sword or fire rod, deku nuts, and the list goes on.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I would like to see :
  • Faster sword swings / Faster recovery from attacks : This is my biggest thing with Link. There are many moves that wrongly make him vulnerable... and too vulnerable after each attack. I would like to see his attack speed and / or recovery increase.
  • Bomb throw length decrease : Bomb jump obviously :joyful:
  • Bomb arrows : Someone came up with this idea in another thread. First, you pull out the bomb and while still holding the bomb, use the arrows to create a bomb arrow. I like it, as it takes valuable time to set it up but is much more powerful than normal arrows as well as better knockback and breaks shield easier.
  • Spin Slash (Up-B) Improvement : Just make it go higher. Almost everything about it (except its recovery speed on the ground) is fine with me, I just feel it needs to be tweaked to allow better height climbing while in the air. Better yet, how about the ability to CHARGE the Spin (similar to the move in pretty much all of his games).
  • Shield Usage (His actual shield) : I'd like to see a shield bash move put into play. Something unique for him. While holding the block button and pressing A, instead of attempting to grab like all other characters Link will perform a shield bash. The bash has very low range and damage, but can stun and push enemies and is quick to use. Hitting someone who has their shield up will push them back even further.
  • Alt-Costumes, Namely Twilight Princess Magic Armor : This has nothing to do with him stat-wise, but since characters are now getting alt-costumes, how cool would it be to dress Link up in that armor?? It should be easy to pull off. Change Link's torso to the armor, change the color of his hat to red (since the armor has red color), and keep the sword and shield the same as it normally is. Notice (if you played the game), I disregarded the crown. Lacking the crown keep it simple but still show that the outfit was inspired by the coolest looking outfit in the game.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Personally I was hoping Link would get the rolling attack as his Dash attack. Which they gave to Snake in Brawl instead. =/

Though the leap strike...I like that. Though I believe that really should have been his F-air.

Then the spin attack should either be invincible or faster startup, a SINGLE CIRCULAR STRIKE on the ground, and when charged shoots magic.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
I would love to see the vertical spin attack from skyward sword, and with gimp capacities when you hit the enemy.
And this spin attack would activate if link do it while running. :o

Last edited:

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
Faster running animation and jumping, more distance on bombs, faster more far reaching recovery, Smash attacks come out faster and with less lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom