• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change the SFX of fox and falco's bair

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
I want to change the sfx on fox and falco's bair but im not sure where the sound is at. I've looked in fox.ssm and not found the sound i'm looking for so my thoughts are that it must be someplace else

another concern is that this sound may be shared with other moves in the game, if that is so is it possible to change just these sounds?

is there maybe a way to make the interaction of hitting with the move point to another less used sound?

any info would be greatly appreciated

EDIT -

Im also looking for the 15 min long hps file for custom songs i could use either the iso or just the 1 file both are fine, all the links in the stickies are dead a little help would be nice.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you want to change the on-hit SFX, it is in the hitbox hex code.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
thats pretty vague can I get a little more direction? I know where the hitbox hex is but i dont know much about how sound effects work, I've seen the hitbox post by magus and i know where to look for the sound effect in that hex I just dont know what to do from that point on.

like how to change it to point somewhere else or even what it is pointing to things like that.

can u point me to a helpful post maybe?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
download master hand version 1.2

download a hex editor

download plfx.dat (fox's character file)

open masterhand and have it open plfx.dat

scroll down to AttackAirB (back air)

scroll over the hitboxes and see what SFX the game uses

the game determines what SFX to use based on the last 3 digits. which is why I boxed them.

open up HxD (what I use) and copy the selected hitbox data

control F it but make sure to have HEX-values selected, not text based, which is default

change the last 3 digits to your hearts content, just know that you need to subtract 4 from the last 3 digits in order to go down 1 SFX. and that these are fox SFX EXCLUSIVE, I am unaware how to make it load other sounds.

I.e.

Top Bottom