• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change the region of codes

Martho9

Smash Rookie
Exists any program or anything that let you to change the region of a code of SSBB?

Thanks for the help ;)

D

Deleted member

I suposse you want the PAL version of the NTSC codes?
no there is no program for it, coders have to port them, and in the case mentioned that would be me.
concerning the brawl+ beta 4.0, that will be done in about 2 days.

Martho9

Smash Rookie
I suposse you want the PAL version of the NTSC codes?
no there is no program for it, coders have to port them, and in the case mentioned that would be me.
concerning the brawl+ beta 4.0, that will be done in about 2 days.
And how can you do it?

D

Deleted member

as for how the making of codes, that is a somewhat complex procces.

ussually you start out with searching through the ram (or MEM as it usually called) of the wii for adresses that concern the code you want to make/port.
example: I find that at adress 0x8089940C a number is stored that is the stage ID (01 is FD, 02 is battlefield, etc)

with this knowledge and basic understanding of logic and gecko syntaxsis I can make a code out of this.
(the first 2 numbers of a codeline denote its type, 00 02 04 06 and their 1X counterparts are simple write iinstructions for example).

of course some codes can't be made with simple ifs and such, then you get to assembly or ASM codes (the C2 codetype), whhich is writing in on the most basic level of coding.

that is in short how you code stuff.

for more info you can best visit the wiird forums (wiird is the app used for adress searching)

wiird.l0nk.org

or just PM me if you have specific questions

Almas

Smash Lord
It's not really hoping for the best. Generally, relative addresses remain the same across regions. For example, I know I can always find character ID at the address [80623324]+110 in American Brawl. For European, the +110 would remain the same, but the start point (80623324) would change.

Porting is a matter of finding the location of the starting points for codes - finding the correct region of code to be modified. It's quite a different process to constructing a new code.

D

Deleted member

finding the adress is in both cases the hardest part though.

Top Bottom