• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change Sonic’s final smash.

StarkSniperZ

Smash Rookie
Can you guys please change Sonic’s final smash to just the way he was in the previous games? The final smash ends quickly and people float up in the air and Sonic cannot reach them. Sometimes you get no KOs even if they have high damage because Super Sonic can’t touch them. Please revert back to the ones before.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Sonic easily has one of the worst final smashes in the game now. It is way too weak and all people have to do is jump above the screen or air dodge and they take almost no damage and have zero chance of being killed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well... WE can't do anything about it... But yeah agreed it used to be one of the best then they nerfed it into the ground. They love Sonic so much

:093:

StarkSniperZ

Smash Rookie
Well... WE can't do anything about it... But yeah agreed it used to be one of the best then they nerfed it into the ground. They love Sonic so much

I’m praying that they change it or at least... buff it.

Vindent

Smash Rookie
I don't think that Sonic's final smash needs to be changed to his previous final smash. What I think should happen is that whoever is hit by Super Sonic should be knocked horizontally and at a downward angle (like Zelda's downsmash) instead of popped up. I could see Sonic's new final smash turning into one of those ults that serve as an edge-guard. Instead of taking opponents off the top, one could wait until one or more people are off the stage, activate the final smash, and let Super Sonic act as a barrier that keeps opponents from returning to the stage. Maybe something like that would make Super Sonic more viable but still keep it short and sweet like the developers want all of the final smashes. Rosalina's final smash seems to be an edge-guard too as she can wait until opponents are off the stage, run off it herself, and place the Grand Star right next to the ledge.

Feradox

Smash Rookie
I mean its easily one of the worst
it's easy to dodge just get
snake or piranha plant and your safe
:ultsnake: :ultpiranha:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why don't any of the characters have a transforming final smash that you could control

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yeah, let me get Sakurai on the phone, I have him on speed dial, I'm sure they'll change it if we ask nicely...

In all seriousness though, they don't need to revert the FS to it's old one. If the current one is very weak, they just need to buff it, like give it more power and widen its hitboxes.

Why don't any of the characters have a transforming final smash that you could control
Because they wanted to make FS faster, more effective and more straight to the point. Admittedly, Sonic's FS was the best transformation move but the others were mediocre.

Also, there is a lot of overlap between Smash fans and Dragon Ball fans, so you are not the only one here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would be like a DBZ game set in the Cell saga, but nobody can transform.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Honestly I think his FS is fine. You just need to catch the opponents and move the stick up to lead them to the blast zone. The real problem with him is his moveset is all spin dashes. I actually forgot what his down-b was until I tested it because I never see people using it! And then I found out it was literally his side-b but charges manually and is "safer". That's just sad. He's gotta have at least some other move from any of his games to use as a down-b...

Edit: Just tested it, and yes, Sonic's FS does need some buffs.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
That would be like a DBZ game set in the Cell saga, but nobody can transform.
Apples and oranges. Transformations have never had a central role to what Smash Bros. is and is not the core of the gameplay, they just happened to be there for a select few characters.

And there is a Dragon Ball game that already does what you describe, it's called Dragon Ball Fighterz. It's damn good even if there are no transformations. Who'd figure that they aren't the key to make a game fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apples and oranges. Transformations have never had a central role to what Smash Bros. is and is not the core of the gameplay, they just happened to be there for a select few characters.

And there is a Dragon Ball game that already does what you describe, it's called Dragon Ball Fighterz. It's damn good even if there are no transformations. Who'd figure that they aren't the key to make a game fun.
You're the first person I met on this site who actually likes Dragon Ball. And there's SSJ Goku's level 3.

Either way, these new Final Smashes are meh at worst.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You're the first person I met on this site who actually likes Dragon Ball. And there's SSJ Goku's level 3.

Either way, these new Final Smashes are meh at worst.
Goku's level 3 acts a lot like several Final Smashes in this game. He transforms but you can't control him, he then unleashes a powerful move on the opponent and as soon as he is done he returns back to normal.
The only traditional transformation is Golden Frieza, but that is just an exception to the direction on that game.

D

Deleted member

Goku's level 3 acts a lot like several Final Smashes in this game. He transforms but you can't control him, he then unleashes a powerful move on the opponent and as soon as he is done he returns back to normal.
The only traditional transformation is Golden Frieza, but that is just an exception to the direction on that game.
Can't really say normal if he's still a Super Saiyan. I know you choose him from the start, but if it's "normal", he'd have to go back to jos black hair

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Can't really say normal if he's still a Super Saiyan. I know you choose him from the start, but if it's "normal", he'd have to go back to jos black hair
SSJ Goku's "normal" state aka when he is not using LVL 3, is his Super Saiyan form which is the default form for that iteration during gameplay. Yeah, I know he is not in base form but you know what I meant to say.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Y'all please stay on topic lmao happy for ya but this isn't a Dragon Ball thread xD

Top Bottom