• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Mewtwo Strikes Back

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
$4 for a DLC character is amazingly low (recent games usually sell single characters for $10), and $5 for both games is incredible too. For just an extra dollar, someone who doesn't have both games could get an extra code and generously give it to someone.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Mewtwo was pretty much the reason I got the Wii U version. Now he owns my soul.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I think I might actually play some melee mewtwo right now to prep for the 15th.

same moveset so...it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt.
Here's to Mewtwo hopefully being mid - high tier

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Anyone else more hyped about Lucas?
I am. I don't even like Mewtwo... But I will use him when I get him on the 15th just to be like "I have Mewtwo and you can't get him yet. HA!" I actually like Lucas more than Ness and actually like to use Lucas... so yeah...

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I'm mostly relieved that he's available for everyone.

Also, since he fits the stipulations for Evo 2015, we might even see some Mewtwo action this year.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Ok......Can we get wolf.....Tho....Senpai Daddy Sakurai..........plz....

Be honest guys, TBH 80% LIKED LUCAS CAUSE OF HIS SUPPER SWAGGY HAIR STYLE and clothes ......

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Everything is good. But if Mewtwo can't float, because we haven't seen him do it yet, I wil shed a tear.

Nilloce

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nilloce
3DS FC
3668-8417-8470
Why does everyone want Waddle Dee in Smash so much? He's like the equivalent of a koopa troopa. The most significant Kirby characters are already in. Shouldn't we focus on other series?
Not exactly. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Waddle Dee) has made his way to become a main character of the Kirby series. He was playable with Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta-Knight in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. He appeared in past games put this was his first major appearance. Now Waddle Dee is a main character again in the new Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. This specific waddle dee, whom many mistake as a the generic enemy, cannot be compared to a koopa troopa in relevance.

He also can have a unique moveset with his signature spear. It could be good for close quarter combat and could even be used as a projectile similar to his ability to use it in the Kirby series. His up special could be when he spins his spear rapidly like a helicopter blade. He has potential, and with Sakurai's bias toward the Kirby series (because he created it) he is a future possibility for the roster.

TL;DR: Bandanna Waddle Dee cannot be compared to a koopa troopa in relevance because of the major roles he has played in recent Kirby games and the fact that he can now be considered equivalent to Meta-Knight, King DeDeDe, and Kirby.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Waddle Dee) has made his way to become a main character of the Kirby series. He was playable with Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta-Knight in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. He appeared in past games put this was his first major appearance. Now Waddle Dee is a main character again in the new Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. This specific waddle dee, whom many mistake as a the generic enemy, cannot be compared to a koopa troopa in relevance.

He also can have a unique moveset with his signature spear. It could be good for close quarter combat and could even be used as a projectile similar to his ability to use it in the Kirby series. His up special could be when he spins his spear rapidly like a helicopter blade. He has potential, and with Sakurai's bias toward the Kirby series (because he created it) he is a future possibility for the roster.

TL;DR: Bandanna Waddle Dee cannot be compared to a koopa troopa in relevance because of the major roles he has played in recent Kirby games and the fact that he can now be considered equivalent to Meta-Knight, King DeDeDe, and Kirby.
Fair enough. If he gets an original moveset like you said than I wouldn't REALLY object to his inclusion. But if we're only getting a few more characters in after the ballot ends in october then I'd much prefer the likes of Rayman, Inkling & Snake.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
This is absolutely glorious. I hope his ranking fairs a bit better then it did back in melee. Of course, that won't change the fact that I'm definitely using this guy!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually prefer this guy over Lucas.
I will say his final smash looked so badass. lol

Tyclarity

Smash Rookie
I actually made a reaction video to this lol lets just say I broke my chair after.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I think it's safe to say that Wolf will be returning at some point as well. He's a wholly unique character and is still relevant in Star Fox.

As for Mewtwo, I'm really disappointed that he's based off his Melee incarnation rather than something more accurate to canon.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Looks like he's still stuck with Tail Whip attacks.........
Lol stuck? His tail attacks are incredible.

Maybe you never played Melee, but Mewtwo had one of the most solid movesets in the game. Only thing that killed him was his physical stats. With a few well needed buffs he'll destroy.

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Soo, do we know what kind of voice mewtwo has? He may actually be silent too.

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Smash Cadet
Kind of a weird thing to pick up on, but I thought the sound effects of Mewtwo's attacks were really cool! I love me some good sound effects when hitting enemies lol.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Mewtwos sound effects were pretty awesome. Still unclear on his voice, wether he is male, female or silent.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Lol stuck? His tail attacks are incredible.

Maybe you never played Melee, but Mewtwo had one of the most solid movesets in the game. Only thing that killed him was his physical stats. With a few well needed buffs he'll destroy.
They could have kept the good properties while changing the animations. Sakurai admitted that his moveset in Melee was rushed, hence the repeat moves.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They could have kept the good properties while changing the animations. Sakurai admitted that his moveset in Melee was rushed, hence the repeat moves.
Even so, out of all the pokemon fighters Mewtwo has the most prominent tail. It makes sense to use it a lot in battle, plus when you provide moves to a character it's naturall to give them attacks that concur with their anatomy.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
My opinion:

Yes: Wolf, Dixie Kong, Impa, Krystal, K. Rool

Don't care either way: Bandana Dee, Ridley, Bayonetta, Wonder Red

No: Chorus Men, Snake,

Hell no: Rayman

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So hyped! I'm glad they are keeping his move-set the same as Melee. He's mega cheap too, so I will be purchasing him for sure for the Wii U version.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Even so, out of all the pokemon fighters Mewtwo has the most prominent tail. It makes sense to use it a lot in battle, plus when you provide moves to a character it's naturall to give them attacks that concur with their anatomy.
The only problem with this is that canonically, Mewtwo never makes physical contact, even remaining essentially motionless out of battle, to conserve energy. Mewtwo's moves are all non-physical psychic moves and it has a very colorful learnset that even includes Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Thunder.

Top Bottom