• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Lucas Comes out of Nowhere!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
why do you guys want Wolf back so much (spoiler: i already know why)? a character that needs to come back because he was unique and unlike any other character is Snake. Just because Wolf was an easy to use OP character in brawl that some of you just loved to exploit doesn't mean he should be back.
lol What the hell are you smoking? Wolf was not OP. lol

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
He was A strong character, not OP but strong and easy to use. Every newbie's dream character.
This is seriously hilarious to me. We've downgraded from OP to strong. How about we downgrade further to "decent character." He wasn't even easy to use. He's just as easy to use as the rest of the cast.

Still. Your original post. Easy to use. Exploit. OP. That's hilarious. His only really advanced tactics in Brawl were easily dealt with. There's nothing to exploit there. He's a decent character that is not OP, not exploitable in any way, and not more easy to use than the average character.

Commander DJ

Smash Rookie
NNID
CommanderDJ
3DS FC
4012-4139-0671
This was my absolute favorite part of the Direct. The fact that we all thought that there wouldn't be any more DLC characters after Mewtwo and then a new trailer just pops up. And being a huge Mother fan, this made me even more happy. Can't wait to play as Lucas in June.

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
Ok, not a big Lucas player here but what was the difference between him and Ness? I know there are some differences but don't really know what they were.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, not a big Lucas player here but what was the difference between him and Ness? I know there are some differences but don't really know what they were.
grabs and taunts were completely different, while the standard attacks except for the baseball bat (Ness) and stick (Lucas), which also had different hitboxes, were different, too. And the specials were very similar, but not at all. Mostly the same but with another effect, except for the PK Spark and PK Freeze thing ^^

Woah, I was sooo freakin happy as Lucas were finally announced. I cried so loud that my parents must woke up xD

Chameleos

Smash Rookie
I'm glad to see Lucas back! I'm still hoping that Wolf comes back and another Capcom character makes it into smash.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I always did use Lucas more than Ness and given how he's just about the same here as he was in Brawl I should have no problem picking him up easily.

Peinewood

Smash Rookie
NNID
peinewii
For anyone who wasn't excited for this announcement, you need to play Mother 3 and I can almost guarantee you that your respect and hype for Lucas will grow exponentially. Although an English version hasn't been released, you can get the ROM and a fantastic translation online. Anyone who has played the game can back me up on this. Side note: Hype level is over 9000!

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
If Lucas and Wolf were cut for essentially the same reason, and Lucas came back, maybe Wolf can, too. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I really think it could happen.

NintenPunk92

Smash Rookie
Alot of peoples reactions from watching the trailer are hilarious! thats why i made a compilation video on youtube! watch it if you like lucas.

Top Bottom