• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
Haay! I need some help guys. It's about chaingrabbing at low %. At >20% dmg it's actually no problem but before I'm not able to turn around and grab again. Doesn't matter how fast I do it, Marth lags after the uthrow too long.. I don't know why it doesn't work >_< Thank you for helping.

AIDS

Smash Lord
marth does not lag to long, you are just not reacting at the right time. there is no differance from ur marths lag, and mine. >20 they are in the air longer, it is easyer, but before that u just gotta react faster.

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
okay, I'll try again. At what altitude of the opponent must I tourn around? (so I can catch the perfect moment)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
By the way, do you guys know which characters Marth can chaingrab (besides Fox and Falco)? I also heard that you can chaingrab some characters with forward throw.

greenpika

Smash Cadet
well u should turn around as fast as you can to get ready to catch them again, only if they get thrown behind you. sometimes they just fall in front of you again.

fastfallers are usually thrown up because, well, they fall fast so they have no time to react or DI out of it. floaties are thrown forward because they fall slower and can DI easilier... is that a word?

basically most heavy chars can be up chain thrown.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Do you know the percents for either one of the throws? Can sheik be chainthrown?

greenpika

Smash Cadet
no, its not always one certain percent, its a range of percents. gamefaqs probably knows the range. just go to the marth faqs. it will probably tell u. if not, just try it urself.

yyeeeeeah... i think shiek is up thrown?
but seriously man, just try it urself, people arent going to tell you everything.

AIDS

Smash Lord
catch them when they are near your head, you just need tot ime ti proper, keep in mind computers don't DI worth crap, but they are ok for you getting the timing down, but bad for actual chain throw practise, you would need to practise with actual real fights.

Top Bottom