• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing Sheik.

Fruitcake

Smash Cadet
Alright, I can CG Shiek pretty easily, It's not hard at all.

What I am wondering though, is what is a good finisher after the CG is done. I usually end up doing fair or uair, but I'd like to know the best possible choice. Thanks!

Magus420

Smash Master
If only there were a sticky with CG info that even specifically has a "Finishing the CG" section in it. Guess we're out of luck =P

Also, no. You can ALWAYS get a f-smash or u-smash to finish it. Angle the f-smashes upward since they do more damage and knockback, and often KO on some stages, as will a side hit on the u-smash most of the time.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Experience has taught me that, generally speaking, d-air is a poor finisher for cgs. Use f-air instead, as it sends Shiek away as opposed to towards the floor where she can get back up and resume comboing you.

Magus420

Smash Master
It also sends them into the floor so you can techchase and get an extra 20-40+ damage on them. Not good for Sheik, but it is a good finisher on low dmg CGs like Marth, for example, if you don't get a DI from him to d-smash off of.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
A dair would not finish a Sheik from a CG. It would just send her downward into the ground. She wouldn't fly upwards unless you waited until her invincibility (while lying down) had worn off. That makes no sense to do, considering you could end it much quicker and safer with a fair, uair, etc.

Magus420

Smash Master
Don't u-air Sheik. It's such a waste. F-air will work in the same situations on Sheik at that range anyway. F-smash actually KOs on roughly FD or lower ceilings at that % even if they DI the hit away, and u-smash KOs with the side hit or at least does good damage with the vertical hit. The u-smash may even hit twice on occasion for a **** load of damage. On high ceiling stages it may be a good idea to just f/b-air once they DI the throw outward if reasonably close to the edge when approaching the escape % of the CG for the best chance at setting up a KO out of it.

petoo0

Smash Ace
A dair would not finish a Sheik from a CG. It would just send her downward into the ground. She wouldn't fly upwards unless you waited until her invincibility (while lying down) had worn off. That makes no sense to do, considering you could end it much quicker and safer with a fair, uair, etc.
well then you just suck at combo-ing. d-throw dair double dair or fair. it racks up tons of damage to kill quick. trust me i play aesis shiek all the time it works.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
He's talking about CGing!!!

You suck at comprehending plain english.

BTW I pwnz at t3h comboez ggloler

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Grabbing someone, throwing them, and grabbing them again before they have a chance to attack/escape.

Also, let me clarify my first post, I'd argue d-air is a poor finisher for CGs that take a character to high-KOable percents. Comboing at low percents is a whole different ballgame.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I'd argue d-air is a poor finisher for CGs that take a character to high-KOable percents. Comboing at low percents is a whole different ballgame.
I agree 100%. That's what I was saying earlier.

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
the speed and range of Bair makes it a good choice. also, it does nearly as much knock back as the Fair so dont worry about the KO

Top Bottom