• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab Effectiveness

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
How effective is his chaingrab vs someone DI'ing properly who meets "Works Perfectly on" in that thread? I hear good players can DI out..

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
It depends on who that "Good Player" is playing as. I can chaingrab people like Ike, Fox, and Dedede from one side of Final Destination to the other, but I can only get 2 on Pit.

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
I had trouble with Zelda (she floats a lot), and a really good Yoshi (he DI'ed and sometimes he just Nair), but with Yoshi I fixed by doing the Chaingrabs with A+B, realized it was a heck faster than the Dpad (Yes, I use a Wii Mochuk).

Ichikazu

Smash Rookie
It seems more heavy or bigger characters such as Ike, D3, etc can get chaingrabbed the best. Characters like kirby, etc who float more you can at best get about 2-3 before they DI out.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Most players, even with great DI can only escape the chaingrab at certain %s, its effective against anyone.

Top Bottom