• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC's Project M Regionals

Seris

Smash Journeyman
CGC's Project M Event is coming! We are planning a full Project M Event! This event is still under construction but you can find confirmed details below.

--------------
GAME DOWNLOAD
--------------
http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/

Please download the hackless version and please do no further modify this mod if you are bringing a set up. Thank you!

Want to volenteer to help organize?

Total Confirmed Sets ups: (Looking for 10 total)

TVS: We are looking for (PERMANENT CRT DONATIONS)

SET UPS:
1. CGC
2. CGC
3. CGC

--------------
Visitacion Valley Community Center
(Car Pool - Parking is Hard)

--------------
HOURS:
--------------
DOORS OPEN: 9am
SINGLES TOURNAMENT SIGN UP: 10am
SINGLES ROUND 1 START: 11am

--------------
EVENTS:
--------------
Project M Singles ( 10am - FInish )
Project M Doubles ( 1pm - Finish)
Project M Crew Battle (7pm - Finish)

--------------
FEATURES:
--------------
Live Stream with Commentary for feature matches
Interviews from Gamer Talk.tv for attendees
Venue music: Video Game Remix Playlist
G+ Air Hang Out. Join the commentators as guests from your G+ Account!

-------------
RULES
-------------
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. The loser of a match may then ban 2 or 3 stages from the combined starter and counterpick stages depending on how many the host has legal.

Starters:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

CP:
Dracula's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Skyloft
Skyworld
Warioware Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Ban/CP:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Kongo Jungle
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship

Doubles Starter/CP:
Hyrule Castle
SSE Jungle
Rumble Falls
Jungle Japes

Doubles Ban:
Metal Cavern
Skyloft (lag when 4 players are on the stage)
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Double Blind*: If elected.
Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
Neutral Start*: If elected.
Standard DSR*
Gentleman’s Clause*
Forced Character Selection*: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Life Stealing is allowed.
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

How to Play a Set
Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
The players play the first match of the set.
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
Hidden Message Show
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
The next match is played.
Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
General Knowledge

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:
Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
Venue and Entry Fees
Arriving On Time
Maintaining Personal Hygiene
Controllers and Character Knowledge
Minimizing Whining

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14627214#post14627214

metroid1117

Smash Master
If this gets more interest and if someone would be willing to give me a ride from San Jose (I'll help pay for gas!), I'd be very interested in coming. I won't be able to bring a setup though =/.

Just a thought, Doubles is typically held before Singles for players to get to the venue and warm up more. It's your tournament though, so the schedule is up to you.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh snap. Is it bad that I have someone visiting that weekend that I'd be totally willing to ditch in SF for this tournament? :p

Anyways, seconding what Metroid said about getting more interest as well as more details on how things will be run (stagelist etc). I'll be keeping an eye on this, even though my chances of making it are very slim. Also, Metroid, if I end up going I can get you a ride no problem.

:059:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Anyways, seconding what Metroid said about getting more interest as well as more details on how things will be run (stagelist etc). I'll be keeping an eye on this, even though my chances of making it are very slim. Also, Metroid, if I end up going I can get you a ride no problem.

:059:
That would be much appreciated, thanks a lot! I'll PM you my contact information if it looks like people will come to this.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
Hostility and I will be there for sure. I also think JB is going to record so there will be more than one recording set up. A ton of people still havent heard of this tournament sadly

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hostility and I will be there for sure. I also think JB is going to record so there will be more than one recording set up. A ton of people still havent heard of this tournament sadly
Awesome, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys! I'm going to bring a recording device too, but I won't be bringing a TV.

Lastly, Ishieymoro said that he'll most likely not come to this. Would anyone else from or passing by San Jose be willing to give me a ride? I live close to San Jose State University and am willing to help pay for gas!

CGC Grayfox

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I'm the host along with Series at this Project M event! I'm listening to your feedback and i'm going to make sure we have an awesome event! For those of you who are or know of someone who is going to do recording, please have them contact me. I'd like to work with them so we can maximize the recorded content.

cgcgrayfox@gmail.com
(650)204-1884

CGC Grayfox

Smash Rookie
Also, we need set ups! If you are able to bring a set up, please let us know so we can do a count! The more set ups the faster we can run the tournament and the more friendlies we can have!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Guys,

I'm the host along with Series at this Project M event! I'm listening to your feedback and i'm going to make sure we have an awesome event! For those of you who are or know of someone who is going to do recording, please have them contact me. I'd like to work with them so we can maximize the recorded content.

cgcgrayfox@gmail.com
(650)204-1884
Could you post the suggested ruleset in the OP so people on Smashboards can comment on it? Also, could you tell the admin of the Facebook group to add the Smashboards link to the event description? I feel like a lot more people will check Smashboards instead of Facebook for the tournament. You should also try advertising the tournament in the Project M thread and the Project M forums.

Also, I will be bringing a recording device, but I can't bring a full setup. My e-mail is metroid1117@gmail.com, feel free to send me a message.

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
My friends and I are strongly considering traveling from southern Cali, to come to this. That's how badly we want to go to a PM tournament. If this gets more attention, and there are more Set ups expected, then we might actually attend. And we would definitely bring the competition ;)

:phone:

CGC Grayfox

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Great Event! Just for the record we will plan another event and we secured enough donations from Tv's to have plenty of set ups for next time! We own 2 Project M Set ups and actual Wii's is what we will need from the community next time. I'm significantly more activate on Facebook so if for any reason any of you want to reach me, That is the place.

Here's some Post Morteum Material for the event:

Grand Finals Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL9FwIwNyE0

Results
http://www.cgcgames.com/?p=867

Other Matches Video Play List (30+ Matches)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D734D49B18B09BA

CGC Facebook Page <---- Events here
https://www.facebook.com/CGCGames

Gamer Talk Facebook Page <-----Guys who capture video and do interviews
https://www.facebook.com/GamerTalktv

Top Bottom