• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cfal noob question =X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaSheff

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I just picked up Captain Falcon and I've seen these videos of guys who are able to do the triple hit combo (tap a 3 times) without getting stuck in the rapid punches that follow. I have no idea how to do this, I've messed around and tried several things... Anyone who would fill me in would be my hero.

Heavy Vulcan

Smash Rookie
Try searching next time or reading up a little bit. It's a very popular topic.

But, if I'm not mistaken, the easiest way to do it is A > A > A+Z. The first hits have to connect though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Please have the other stuff down before you learn the Gentlemen, there are a lot more important things to learn

Vall3y

Smash Lord
wow thats probably the 1,000,000th tread about the gentleman
someone should really figure out how to do it or why does it work (to me it seems like the Z shield stops the punches afterwards) and make a sticky topic.
like in the luigi forum about the misfire lol

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Does no one check the guides in the charie threads. Come on seriously put a little effort forth.

The triple hit as you call it is generally referred to as "the Gentleman". To perform said tech, you just double tap A and then time it so that the knee does not interrupt the animation. There is also the A,A,A+Z method.

Idea: Someone should put togther a list of CF specific terms and techs as a sticky threadt.

Edit: Heh, I didn't see that someone else made the same suggestion before me. Apologies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol how i play captain falcon for at least an hour a day and i had no clue of this. LOL im feelin like a noob today, and its a terrible feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom