• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Censorship

What do you think of the censorships?

• They're alright

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Dont like them (miss Tharja's trophy)

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • 50/50

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Dont care as long as I can Smash

Votes: 46 52.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is anyone confused with some of the censorships in this game? Example, Peach has a black void (Dark Pit) under her dress and Rosalina has the cosmos beneath her gown (literally) yet Palutena and Lyn wear panties, Amy wears a diaper(I think), and some characters have tone butts.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think censorship is OK, don't need any breast or private areas being seen, but it weird that they censor peach now and when the other smash game she in she wasn't must be a 3DS thing.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
What confuses me is why bother censoring Peach and Rosalina when you're just gonna show off Palutena's goods anyway. Nintendo logic is weird sometimes.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think its to save memory, would you bother detailing a part of a character that spends most of the time out of sight when the 3DS is being pushed hard? (have not seen if this is in the Wii U version but could still apply there too even if not hard pressed for space)

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I actually like what they did with Rosalina's dress, adds to the character IMO. I don't know why Tharja had to be removed though, especially when we have basically naked Shulk running around and the Medusa trophy has some major side boob going on.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What I don't get is why they removed Tharja from the game. I really don't care about Palutena's quirky image.

Sambiti

Smash Cadet
Who cares? I don't pause my hardcore smash match to look up peaches dress.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I think it's ****ing stupid... I'm pissed about it. It's uncalled for. WTF is wrong with you Nintendo? Makes no sense that there's just nothing up the skirt. -.- Yet we got ZSS and ****...

Who cares? I don't pause my hardcore smash match to look up peaches dress.
I do. (except about he hardcore part) But that's not the point.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I thought Peach's panties had to do with the polygon count on 3DS not being high enough haha. There's actually a lot of detail in them.

D

Deleted member 269706

I think it's stupid that some get censored and others don't.
Just hope this problem isn't evident in the HD Wii U version ;P

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
They should have censored Palutena as well, though I am not sure how that would work, since her outfit is very "open"... Yeah, I guess that is why she wasn't censored. Also, I totally approve of Tharja (easily one of the worst and creepiest characters in Fire Emblem) being cut out of the game.

Also, some replies in this thread are creepy as ****.

Last edited:

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
I actually like what they did with Rosalina's dress, adds to the character IMO. I don't know why Tharja had to be removed though, especially when we have basically naked Shulk running around and the Medusa trophy has some major side boob going on.
Ergh, the Shulk alt was pretty funny in the trailer, but now that I've seen so many people use it online it's... geez. Too lewd.

Man, there's not all THAT much side boob in that trophy. Had me check the trophy gallery so quick I almost broke my neck.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
So I checked the Palutena trophy for the purpose of this thread, and it actually fades to black under her, uh............dress?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Whenever I use Shulk, he's always fully clothed. Likewise, no belly exposure from Zero Suit Samus.
I like my blue bikini and shorts ZSS but not really on the sake of sexiness haha. I always thoughts those outfits looked cool in the ending games' art alone, aside from the fact I never really spedrun a Metroid game anyways (or could haha).

GameQ

Smash Cadet
You guys do know that Rosalina having a galaxy under her dress is actually part of her cannon, right?

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
You guys do know that Rosalina having a galaxy under her dress is actually part of her cannon, right?
hoes be like 'i'm a virgin'

I dunno. I'm wondering if it was just a technical limitation or something, like the models were too detailed so they cut some out under the dress to ease the weight on the GPU. But hell if I know; Palutena still got dat booty. Certainly, avoidance of sexualization isn't the cause for it. They threw away that excuse with ZSS.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Missing punctuation; did not vote.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I think with Palutena's case it's due to her outfit. She has a slit in her dress that would make a black void look weird IMO.

One wouldn't really be able to see it anyways unless they tried to intentionally. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Peach's void won't be there on Wii U, it's obviously a technical limitation. Her Amiibo has the underwear and full legs modelled in.

Rosalina having a literal universe (yes, universe - it's not a galaxy. Sakurai literally refers to it as "the cosmos beneath her gown". The definition of the word "cosmos" is "the universe viewed as a well unified whole". So she has a well organised, fully functioning universe under there) beneath her gown is amazing and further emphasises her mighty yet mysterious power and status. It's not going to change on Wii U since Sakurai gave specific mention to it (using a Wii U screenshot), and you can actually catch a glimpse of it in the CGI portion of her trailer.

It's also really hot, honestly.

Mr G W

Smash Cadet
I don't really care though it is odd why they censor peach but then add fanservice alt costumes to shulk and zero suit samus

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I think its because for Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, and Shulk these were part of their character and what they wore in their games. We've never gotten a sexualized Peach or Rosalina with nothing but underwear or open clothes on like ZSS, Palutena, and even Shulk. I mean they're from Mario, which out of the bigger nintendo franchises is designed for one of the youngest audiences (aside from Kirby, although Kirby is frequently seen without his clothes on, so who knows). It wouldn't fit the characters or the age group they're aimed at. They're not inconsistencies, they're part of the design.

I don't think Peach's upskirt was removed for technical limitations, Zero Suit Samus has the same number of polygons for her legs I'm guessing.

I never realized that Rosalina's upskirt was the universe though, that's pretty awesome

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I feel like it's just that it's because Peach and Rosalina are Mario characters. After all, Palutena, female Villager, Zelda have no censorship... Not to mention assists and trophies.

D

Deleted member

I will admit that I am a bit upset that Tharja's trophy got removed from the final game since I do like the character.

At the end of the day though, I just want to Smash. Some things like a void isn't going to ruin my overall experience.
EDIT: And I don't pursue to look at those details. So, why should I care?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think "they are Mario characters" is the reason.

It was never an issue for Peach in past Smash games. Plus, she doesn't act so innocent in Mario Strikers.

And Rosalina owns the biker look in Mario Kart. I mean, hot damn. They clearly put effort into her assets in MK8.

With Peach, it's likely a limitation of the 3DS, and the full thing will be there on Wii U. Since her Amiibo has it.

With Rosalina, they just wanted to add a ridiculous aspect to her character. It also explains the effects from her kicks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I checked the Palutena trophy for the purpose of this thread, and it actually fades to black under her, uh............dress?
The only way to see it is to use Mario/Dr Marios back throw on her annd pause at the riight time. Takes a while though

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I honestly couldn't care less. As long as censorship doesn't ruin something for me gameplay wise, I have no problem if they remove a trophy or two because it was highly suggestive or lewd. Besides, I play Smash Bros. to Smash, not to look at suggestive trophies creepily so I can stare at they're panties, breasts or butts. I'm a gentleman, not some pervert. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom