• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cecil Harvey:The first FF guy with an enchanting story, and one of the best FF guys.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
He he could be like Samus, stating out as Dark Knight Cecil and then after he's final smash he truns in to Paladin Cecil.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He he could be like Samus, stating out as Dark Knight Cecil and then after he's final smash he truns in to Paladin Cecil.
Actually I would love to see Cecil be able to switch between two forms like melee Zelda. Save the FS for something fierce like Meteo when in Black Knight form and Holy when in Paladin form.

Cless

Smash Champion
Eh, his FS would probably be some sword combo. Cecil isn't the magic casting type. The spell is Meteor you know. There just wasn't enough space, I'm assuming, on the SNES cart. Actually, did they change that in subsequent versions of the game?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I think that his FS should be him, Rosa, and Kain perform some trio attack, like Rosa's at the the top, Kain's at the left, and Cecil's at the right. An attack that looked like a horizontally half diamond but the attacks go all around that area.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think that his FS should be him, Rosa, and Kain perform some trio attack, like Rosa's at the the top, Kain's at the left, and Cecil's at the right. An attack that looked like a horizontally half diamond but the attacks go all around that area.
A series of projectiles?

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, a third party franchise is not getting an AT before a PC.

I don't know why people like Lloyd. He's so bland and generic. I mean, Cless is pretty bland too, but at least he has cool moves and stuff. Lloyd is just a pile of boring.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah... no. Don't argue about Tales with me. You'll just get spanked!

On a serious note though, Cless' game came out way, way before Lloyd's. It came out on the SFC, and then was remade onto the PSX after Destiny was made, which was then badly ported to the GBA, and was then ported again (much better) to the PSP. Tales of Phantasia was the first Tales game and Cless is the originator of the vast majority of the common Tales moves. Cless was also not a pansy about using the Eternal Sword, unlike Lloyd.

Also, Arche is better mage than Genis, Klarth is a better summoner than Sheena, Suzu is a better ninja than Sheena, but it's debatable who's a better healer between Mint and Raine, though you can't make a meat shield around Raine. Chester is the best archer ever so that doesn't matter much.

On topic: for the trio attack thing, what if Cecil did a quick combo that knocked them into the air, then Kain devestated their life in the air, and then Rosa cast Holy on them.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Yeah... no. Don't argue about Tales with me. You'll just get spanked!

On a serious note though, Cless' game came out way, way before Lloyd's. It came out on the SFC, and then was remade onto the PSX after Destiny was made, which was then badly ported to the GBA, and was then ported again (much better) to the PSP. Tales of Phantasia was the first Tales game and Cless is the originator of the vast majority of the common Tales moves. Cless was also not a pansy about using the Eternal Sword, unlike Lloyd.

Also, Arche is better mage than Genis, Klarth is a better summoner than Sheena, Suzu is a better ninja than Sheena, but it's debatable who's a better healer between Mint and Raine, though you can't make a meat shield around Raine. Chester is the best archer ever so that doesn't matter much.

On topic: for the trio attack thing, what if Cecil did a quick combo that knocked them into the air, then Kain devestated their life in the air, and then Rosa cast Holy on them.
They use the same moves.. anyways the experience in Symphonia's awesome. I got the GBA one, and it lagged at times but wasn't that bad. What are all the Tales games anyways?

Sure. Cecil needs a moveset.

Cless

Smash Champion
Everyone one of the sword users, save for Veigue, Kyle, and Luke, use the same moves basically, but the others have some moves of their own: Cless has (I'm using the Japanese names, sorry) Jigenzan, Kuukanshouten'i, and Kokuu Souhazan; Stahn has a whole slew of his own moves; Reid has Moukorengekiha, Fuujin Bakufuu, Senkuu Souhazan, and Shou Rekkugeki (actually, a lot of people stole Reid's moves too). Lloyd's only unique move is Shunjinken, which is a terrible, terrible move. He also has the two Shishi Senkou variations, but that move sucks in 3D.

The main entry Tales games are:

Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Legendia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of the Tempest
Tales of Innocence

There's a bunch of spin-offs and crossovers too.

I really don't know what his moveset would be. Cecil doesn't do much, and I guess we're having his down b be switch between Dark Knight and Paladin. Someone posted about what other Dark Knights and Paladins do. Use that.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Cecil can't shift back to dark knight. the dark knight is symbolic of his weaknesses and uncertainty. It's not the greatest simile, but that would be like Link shifting between himself and Young Link on Melee.

Cless

Smash Champion
Dark Knight still looks cooler, but Paladin looks far less ********. Dark Knights in the FF series have more moves. Besides all the Paladin has is crappy White magic and Cover.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, on the off chance that it doesn't come over here, I'll just import it. Never realized Rosa didn't wear much clothing though.

Batsu

Smash Rookie
Cecil would be a great character for SSB series, not only would it be awesome but also be a good marketing strategies for Nintendo and Square, with FF IV remake coming out around the time of SSBB coming out, it would be good advertisement as more people would be interested in getting the DS FFIV.

I know my dreams never come true, but hey I can still dream ^_^

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Cecil would be a great character for SSB series, not only would it be awesome but also be a good marketing strategies for Nintendo and Square, with FF IV remake coming out around the time of SSBB coming out, it would be good advertisement as more people would be interested in getting the DS FFIV.

I know my dreams never come true, but hey I can still dream ^_^

That why he is in the top 2 for a Square rep.

Geno4Brawl

Smash Rookie
I think FF4 is the best Final Fantasy game. Since the others appearances do not arouse me.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Heheh, I dunno if one more attack can really be considered that much more potential.

They'd probably base the design off of the new CG models:
http://squarehaven.com/media/071017_final-fantasy-iv-ds_ads/final_fantasy_iv_ds_01.jpg
That **** is amazing. I'm adding that to the first post.
Yeah, on the off chance that it doesn't come over here, I'll just import it. Never realized Rosa didn't wear much clothing though.
Oh, I noticed in the sprites. On the vids I put up on the front, Rosa appears to have a green bra and thong and you can see her skin as brown-ish. I remember the weirdest things.
I think FF4 is the best Final Fantasy game. Since the others appearances do not arouse me.
Yeah, it's the original kickass that started the advanced battle system.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think he should be unlocked through subspace emissary. You face him as a boss in his Dark Knight form, then the father cutscene occurs, then he becomes a Paladin and joins the roster
That would kick *** if it does not take away from a ff boss.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, I think he should be unlocked through subspace emissary. You face him as a boss in his Dark Knight form, then the father cutscene occurs, then he becomes a Paladin and joins the roster
That would be awesome, and it would allow them to take a lot of liberties with Dark Knight Cecil than what they could do if they limited him to the playable boundaries. Cecil does learn a warp spell, BTW, though it's used to exit dungeons (and I think fights...) So that could be an Up B, God knows they have taken more liberties than that when determining movesets.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
That would be awesome, and it would allow them to take a lot of liberties with Dark Knight Cecil than what they could do if they limited him to the playable boundaries. Cecil does learn a warp spell, BTW, though it's used to exit dungeons (and I think fights...) So that could be an Up B, God knows they have taken more liberties than that when determining movesets.
I don't want a Zelda clone, I want Cecil. Also, when he goes on the screen (ex. like when Mario comes out of a Pipe) he's Dark Knight Cecil shifting into Paladin Cecil.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Heres a epic idea for his final smash & moveset
B-Vile Blade(Chargeable)-a powerful sword attack that has a small chance of stealing life from its foe
B->Dark Wave-Cecil dark wave attack for the games, moderately powerful and hard to avoid
B^-Death spin-Dark cecil spins his sword ultra fast till he teleports
Down B-Hand of Doom-Dark cecil put his sword in the ground a evil force grabs his foe for a few second dealing 5% also.
Ultimate Sacrifice-Dark Knight cecil armor starts to rot off sending evil energy in every direction these energy hit foes and steal their life. After the a while you'll see Cecil glow white and reveal his paladin form, by this time the attack will be long over.
Paladin Cecil moveset.
B-heal sword-heals 5%-8%, can only be used every 20 seconds
B->Heaven Blast-A white bolt that blinds it foes causing holy damage for a seconds.
B Down-Reflection cape-cecil will swing his cape and absorb projectile, he may then later release them as holy energy bolts, if the cape get he enough energy it can preform a deadly blast.
B^-Sword of Light- cecil jump and cuts a whole in air travel through and does a powerful sword combo where he lands.
Final smash-Corruption=nothing big here just cecil lets evil take over and turns back into dark cecil, no amazing attack or anything.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
DemonicDragon... your moveset(s) are kinda... well, bad. I know he doesn't have a lot to work with, but we can do better than that. I mean no offense though, at least you tried.

EDIT: And Cecil wouldn't be a clone thanks to a teleport move. Come on... is Mewtwo's teleport similar to Zelda's? No. Have they explored every possibility with Teleport moves? By far, no. Come on, at least he actually has that move.

Top Bottom