• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cecil Harvey:The first FF guy with an enchanting story, and one of the best FF guys.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

To the Right, is The Dark Knight Cecil, that guy you start out as. To the Left, is Enlightened Cecil. Kinda like when Moses saw God. He rid of his Dark Armor, and did somethings that would change the plot. I won't mention alot of stuff because I don't like to spoil games for people.

Cecil Harvey was star of the FIRST FF that had a backstory other than "Save the crystals" like 1+2+3. Nintendo Power showed a huge liking to his game. He is underrated. He'd have amazing AT potential, the only thing is whether he's in Paladin or Dark Knight form.

He also made Cameo appearences in several games. I copypasta'd the Wikipedia article.

Cecil Harvey has a cameo appearance in Secret of Evermore as an armor salesman of the Gothica Era location Ebon Keep. The music track for the village is even titled "Cecil's Town". Cecil also appears as a man in Crystal Chronicles, a Final Fantasy game for the Nintendo GameCube console. A reference to Edward Chris von Muir is made in Legend of Mana; a bard named Gilbert (Edward's Japanese name) appears as a minor character in the game. Cid's artwork and menu portrait both show him with a red helmet and blue beard, but on his sprites (walking around and battle) the colors are reversed, with a blue helmet and red beard. Cid's airship, the Enterprise, appears in Chocobo Racing as a hidden racer, with Cecil at the helm.

The Four Elemental Lords (四天王) — Barbariccia, Cagnazzo, Rubicante, and Scarmiglione (as well as Calcobrena, a minor boss in the form of a doll) take their names from characters in Dante's epic poem The Divine Comedy. In this epic poem, these five characters reside in the eighth circle of Hell. The original Japanese names of Cindy, Mindy, and Sandy (Dog, Mag, Rag) originate from Kyūsaku Yumeno's novel Dogra Magra (ドグラ・マグラ). In the original English translation, the Four Elemental Lords were referred to as the Four Fiends of Elements. While a group of villains known as the Four Fiends are found in Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IX, they are not the same as those found in Final Fantasy IV. The Four Elemental Lords (四天王) make a cameo as bosses in the extra dungeons in Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls.

The Magus Sisters make an appearance as an Aeon in Final Fantasy X. In the Game Boy Advance game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, a semi-cameo battle is present against a group of Lamias called Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance there is a Dragoon weapon called "Kain's Lance" that "once belonged to a legendary Dragoon", referring to Kain Highwind; similar items can also be found in Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X. The final boss, Zeromus, makes an appearance in Final Fantasy XII as an Esper. In FFXII's Zeromus's design is a combination of both the design used in-game and the design used for the Japanese FFIV Easy-Type version.

Final Fantasy V employs a system where the characters are allowed to change jobs at will. Giving Bartz the Dragoon job turns him into a carbon copy of Kain. Other jobs make characters look similar in dress but don't produce full copies (i.e. the Monk job gives any character Yang's clothing but not his trademark bald head with back ponytail facial feature).

Now, for the fun stuff. Here's a mini series that features Cecil. The premise is built around his love for Rosa, betrayal, and other cool ****.

Sprite Surviver Series:
1- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/171038
2- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/180926
3- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/189275
4- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/200501
5- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/214177
6- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/231484
7- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265463

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
What's the point in doing sarcasm threads everyday? Do you seriously care that much about the Ashley and the Mog threads? You're the only one making yourself look bad.
What the **** are you talking about? This time, I'm serious. This guy isn't a random obscure character out of nowhere. He's the main character of the first FF I played, and probably the best.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
If Square-Enix that they won´t be having their characters in Brawl, chances are that they don´t want any sort of involvement with the game, also dismissing the possibility of Final Fantasy Assist Trophies.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
If Square-Enix that they won´t be having their characters in Brawl, chances are that they don´t want any sort of involvement with the game, also dismissing the possibility of Final Fantasy Assist Trophies.
Actually, they said they didn't want to put any FF characters in Brawl because there's too many characters to choose from to represent FF as a whole, like Cecil, Chocobo, Cloud, Sora, Tidus, all that ****.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If both Geno and Cecil could get in i'd love for Cecil to be in...but it'll only be Geno(if any Square reps at all).

Tidus has never been on a nintendo console so no.

Cless

Smash Champion
I guess being a Paladin counts as being enlightened?

Anyway, if FF were to get a rep this is probably one of my top choices, and almost every FF char has a last name.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Not really, but a pretty good chunk of people agree with me on the interview. Consult the Geno thread for the link, I believe I learned of this interview there.
...You don't even seem so sure that's interview exists. This thread doesn't seem to exist for any reason besides spreading this lie.

Anyway, Cecil for Brawl.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I guess being a Paladin counts as being enlightened?

Anyway, if FF were to get a rep this is probably one of my top choices, and almost every FF char has a last name.
He saw his Father, he fought his dark self, then he got new, bright armor. Plus, the contrast of the two pictures above very much makes it look like he was enlightened.

By The Way, what do you mean by "almost" every FF character?

The interview was a lie?

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Not really, but a pretty good chunk of people agree with me on the interview. Consult the Geno thread for the link, I believe I learned of this interview there.
Sega said they were not putting Sonic in but look who is init.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I completely support this guy. I doubt he'd make it, but I'd love to see him. He should have a move set with his down b changing him between Dark Knight and Paladin.

He'd be great.

Also, since his game has been remade and is coming out in Japan this Month, and will hopefully soon make it to US... It'd be great advertising...

Sega said they were not putting Sonic in but look who is init.
On the Contrary, I remember them saying they intended to have him in Melee, but approached to late in the development time.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I completely support this guy. I doubt he'd make it, but I'd love to see him. He should have a move set with his down b changing him between Dark Knight and Paladin.

He'd be great.

Also, since his game has been remade and is coming out in Japan this Month, and will hopefully soon make it to US... It'd be great advertising...

On the Contrary, I remember them saying they intended to have him in Melee, but approached to late in the development time.
That was Snake.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm refering to Sonic. You know the blue Hedgehog. I rechecked my post to make sure I posted right. And I did. Get your eyesight checked. <_< Or at the very least make sure you know what you are talking about before posting.

http://img12.exs.cx/img12/2872/scan00029kj.jpg
1. How do I do that is not fake.
2. If it is ture it does not mean the thing I said was not ture.
3. The only resons why 3rd partys are in brawl is because of snake.
4. It stilll migth of not happened if development time was longer if you read it

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
4. It stilll migth of not happened if development time was longer if you read it
1. Because I attribute you some measure of intelligence.
2. I never said it wasn't.
3. I never said that was or was not true, and if he hadn't been the first the same would have been said for whoever was.
4. I never said that was or was not true, and I did read it. But the fact remains that Sonic COULD have been in if there was more time.

Now, back on topic... Cecil's Final Smash should include the Big Whale ship. ^_^

T-major

Smash Champion
I think that was about Snake. I hadn't heard that about Sonic, but I know it happened with Snake.

and Cecil uses a spear right?... sounds groovy! what else can he do, though? I'm pretty sure he has an attack called "Jump" which could be an Up B; fly up, mainly vertical with some horizontal range, then dive down while covering quite a bit of horizontal distance... I havn't played the game, so I don't know what other things he can do...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
What the **** are you talking about? This time, I'm serious. This guy isn't a random obscure character out of nowhere. He's the main character of the first FF I played, and probably the best.
There once was a shepherd boy who was bored as he sat on the hillside watching the village sheep. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!"

The villagers came running up the hill to help the boy drive the wolf away. But when they arrived at the top of the hill, they found no wolf. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

"Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill.

Later, the boy sang out again, "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers run up the hill to help him drive the wolf away.

When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling down the hill once more.

Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

"There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

"We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think that was about Snake. I hadn't heard that about Sonic, but I know it happened with Snake.

and Cecil uses a spear right?... sounds groovy! what else can he do, though? I'm pretty sure he has an attack called "Jump" which could be an Up B; fly up, mainly vertical with some horizontal range, then dive down while covering quite a bit of horizontal distance... I havn't played the game, so I don't know what other things he can do...
Nope, that's Kain. Cecil uses a big sword as well as the powers of darkness or light depending on the form.

Cless

Smash Champion

*facepalm*

That's Kain. You could at least look up the character on Wikipedia first.

Nope, that's Kain. Cecil uses a big sword as well as the powers of darkness or light depending on the form.
I wouldn't say big. It's a one-handed sword. He doesn't really learn any attacking white magic though, so that could hinder a Paladin moveset.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say big. It's a one-handed sword. He doesn't really learn any attacking white magic though, so that could hinder a Paladin moveset.
Ya, it's not Buster Sword big but it is Master Sword big...which I guess isn't that big.

Either way they're gonna have to make up moves for him just like every other character. He could use his party member's moves (like in the remake of FFIV or simply like Ness and Lucas have in SSB) or stuff other FF paladins and dark knights use.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, it's not hard to just put PK powers onto Ness and Lucas, but imagine Cecil using Jump, Black Magic, or Ninjutsu. It'd be weird, but what moves did he borrow from people in the remake?

Other dark knights, I don't think that's a class in V. In the Tactics remake, I think they had the X-2 moves and Gafgarion's. I never messed around with it too much. In X-2, they had Dark Wave and some meteor move or something. I don't remember that well, and I don't remember what dark knights nor paladins have in XI.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, it's not hard to just put PK powers onto Ness and Lucas, but imagine Cecil using Jump, Black Magic, or Ninjutsu. It'd be weird, but what moves did he borrow from people in the remake?
It's a system they put in where the characters can inherit the moves of the characters that leave/die. Anyway, I don't know all of the details just that the example they showed had Cecil gaining Edward's songs.

Other dark knights, I don't think that's a class in V. In the Tactics remake, I think they had the X-2 moves and Gafgarion's. I never messed around with it too much. In X-2, they had Dark Wave and some meteor move or something. I don't remember that well, and I don't remember what dark knights nor paladins have in XI.
Well, in the PSP version of FFT, they just did the usual self-sacrificing thing and the FFIII remake version was pretty much just like Cecil. In FFXI, DRKs had a move that hit with the blunt side of their weapon that stunned the enemy and could use a few black magic spells. He could also use Charon from FFX-2 and blow himself up or something.

I imagined Dark Knight Cecil to be pretty strong but some/most/all of his attacks damage himself which, unlike Pichu, he'd actually be able to make up for. B and Forward B would be Dark Wave and Weapon Bash (not necessarily respectively); Dark Wave would launch a wave of darkness (<_<) in front of him and weapon bash could be an attack that stuns like Disable. and both would have long start-up and Dark Wave would characteristically damage Cecil. Up B could be some generic rising sword attack and down B could be Charon that you can charge and makes an okay sized ball of darkness that launches both the enemy and Cecil. And then his A moves could be generic sword attacks and kicks and whatever and some could be charged with darkness and damage Cecil.

And then Paladin Cecil (if it's a transformation) could be a clone of Dark Cecil with weaker, non-SH attacks and better defensive stats. Dark Wave would become Holy Slash, Weapon Bash could stay the same to mirror Shield Bash, Charon would become a chargeable spherical Holy, and up B would be another generic recovery move...and does the transformation on the ground. Uh...Dark Knight up B could be Shadow Hop where he summons a shadow to jump off of and does and attack off of that and Paladin Cecil could do the same for a ray of light and they'd summon the opposite one on the ground to transform them.

Just kinda rambled on there but you get the idea.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
1.......That's a pretty dumb excuse.
2. duh
3. um, no.
4. Why WOULDN'T they? You probably didn't read it.
There once was a shepherd boy who was bored as he sat on the hillside watching the village sheep. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!"

The villagers came running up the hill to help the boy drive the wolf away. But when they arrived at the top of the hill, they found no wolf. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

"Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill.

Later, the boy sang out again, "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers run up the hill to help him drive the wolf away.

When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling down the hill once more.

Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

"There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

"We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"
Go away.

Didn't he get like a
Judgement spell or a spell from his dad or brother or Golbez
? I'm pretty sure he got SOME kind of attacking spell, or I must just be thinking of using Cure against Zombies.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, since you made so many joke threads, no wonder vesperview didn't think this one was a serious thread. I did though, so whatever.

And...

It's released in Japan in like a week, December 20 if I'm not mistaken. I expect it to hit us during March... I guess. Your guess is as good as mine.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What the hell was with the post of the "Boy who cried Wolf!" story?

Also, I was wondering, when did/will his DS remake come out?
It looks like its coming out on December the 20th in Japan. There is no info on a U.S. release date....

I hope the U.S. Final Fantasy fans don't get screwed Mother 3 style...

Cless

Smash Champion
In Japan, something like the 20th. No announced date for US release yet, I believe.

edit: Well whatever, she posted it, but the game'll come out here. It's Final Fantasy. Mother is an extremely obscure series. How many people do you know that played Earthbound before Smash 64 came out? I was the only one I knew.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
In Japan, something like the 20th. No announced date for US release yet, I believe.

edit: Well whatever, she posted it, but the game'll come out here. It's Final Fantasy. Mother is an extremely obscure series. How many people do you know that played Earthbound before Smash 64 came out? I was the only one I knew.
I played EB before Smash Bros.. I think you're confusing Ness with Captain Falcon.

Cless

Smash Champion
I played both Earthbound and F-Zero before Smash. I'm just saying that Mother is a much more obscure RPG series than FF. You can't argue with that.

Top Bottom