• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CD Factory

Choppah

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I just made a CD Factory. I believe I get less CD's than I actually pick up - a lot less. Does anyone else have this problem?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, but I think you might be limited to getting 5 CDs per battle.
I once picked up 32 and only got 5.

You also might be confusing CDs with stickers, but probably not. When you get a CD the screen flashes and it makes a particular sound. Anyway, I'd recommend just getting 5 at a time before you quit.

Potstickers

Smash Rookie
Easier factory

I've gotten over 5 cds in one battle I believe.

The few CD/sticker factories I've seen seem overly complicated, I'll describe the one I came up with, I'd appreciate some feedback on it. (Sorry I don't have any screen shots or anything yet.)

Two small treadmills placed in the center of the playfield, each running inward toward each other. One small treadmill directly above these two, centered.

Then just have Pikichu stand on the lower treadmills and do a down+A. The stickers/cds will be right at your feet and the standbags won't go anywhere unless you've pounded them so much that they're probably done giving you cds/stickers anyway. You can do a forward+A to knock the sandbags away if you want and start fresh.

Lemme know what you guys think. By the way, first post on this site, I'm finding the info here very useful, so thanks for giving me tons of stuff to read.

EDIT: My digital camera does video! Here's a vid of my CD/Sticker factory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPS8dAoEIrI

Waggles

Smash Apprentice
You can get more than 5 CDs a battle, but refresh the CD factory's game every 5-7 minutes or so; if you go too long, the game "forgets" that you picked up a CD, and won't count all the CDs you picked up.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I haven't heard that as a reason why the game only gives you so many CDs when you got more.

Flake

Smash Cadet
can anyone tell me the exact settings they used for cd factory? i'd turned off everything except sandbags, tried it and didn't get anything.

Flake

Smash Cadet
can anyone tell me the exact settings they used for cd factory? i'd turned off everything except sandbags, tried it and didn't get anything.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
My CD factory is like this.

All you have to do is turn off all items, except sandbags and put them on high. You can also go on special brawl, turn heavy and fast on. I advise using yoshi's down tilt. Good luck ;D

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten 19 CDs in a single match, once. The game practically froze for 5 minutes after I quit the match, though... I would not suggest playing it for a long time.

I'm positive I got more than 19 CDs, too.

BTW, the above picture is close to the perfect CD factory :laugh: Just make sure the edge of the top belt is directly in line with the edge of the middle belt, so if a CD spawns up on the top belt it will make it to the bottom before disappearing.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
I haven't tried the CD Factory yet, but I'm very excited to and want to know how this works as well. I'm guessing you just turn Sandbags onto High, but in Classic or All-Star mode, the only things I get are food. Will i end up getting CDs anyway and they just have a lower chance of appearing, or is there something special I need to do first?

EDIT: I tried it yesterday, evidently that's all I need to do. Picked up 5 CDs in one go, and have gotten about 20 total in an hour and a half of play. Go me.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Special Melee - heavy gravity, fast speed. Items on high, sandbags only. Create an appropriate custom stage (requires conveyer belts, unlock by building any 5 custom stages). User characters with a strong enough attack to knock confetti out of the sandbags, then repeat to gather stickers and CDs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fVVSazv6gc

And I've gotten 15 CDs from one match, so I doubt there's any sort of limitation.

Flake

Smash Cadet
ah i think i wasn't using a strong enough attack
i'll try it again sometime soon
thanks

S2

Smash Lord
I'm sure the missing CD thing comes down to something like a ram issue on the Wii hardware.

You collect so much stuff and it has to store mid-battle what's been collected. Normally it wouldn't take system resources away from running the actual game, but if you collect too much stuff then it starts flushing things out of memory in order to keep the game running smoothly. Sakurai probably didn't plan the system based around people making CD factories.

BTW, that's just an educated guess. I don't know how the game's programming actually handles this stuff.

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
I remember reading somewhere before that it is possible to get the same cd more than once per match because it doesn't record that you have officially got that cd yet til the match ends so even though you collect a bunch and actually end up with less could be explained by this. There probably is a limit just as the coin launcher limits you to 99 at a time. Not sure what that limit is but coule conceivably be the same for cds as well once you get the limit each new one you get replaces the oldest one you have.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Only problem i see with Shao's factory is that the sandbags may end up in Player 2's spot.

I added a second column of blocks with 2 blocks missing under the conveyer belt on the far right side (outside player1) for player 2. From there just leave a controler with turbo and find something to hold down the A button with

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
This is what I've been using for my factory:

The angle piece you see on there is a sloped dropthrough part. Sandbags go in, they don't go out.

Because of the distance between the player and the Sandbag trap, you need Giant Melee on, or else you won't be close enough to pick anything up or keep hitting the Sandbags.

As the image says, P1 is Bowser. I didn't try any other characters, but he'll pick up any items that are dropped in the trap, and he has a relatively fast f-tilt. Angle the tilt upwards for best results.

If P2 is a small character, it will get trapped in there with the sandbags. Alternatively, place a ladder somewhere and have him just hang onto that.

I've just been starting this thing up with a turbo controller and letting it go. The conveyors will move Bowser into place as he's attacking, so you don't need to set anything up after selecting the stage.

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
This is what I've been using for my factory:

The angle piece you see on there is a sloped dropthrough part. Sandbags go in, they don't go out.

Because of the distance between the player and the Sandbag trap, you need Giant Melee on, or else you won't be close enough to pick anything up or keep hitting the Sandbags.

As the image says, P1 is Bowser. I didn't try any other characters, but he'll pick up any items that are dropped in the trap, and he has a relatively fast f-tilt. Angle the tilt upwards for best results.

If P2 is a small character, it will get trapped in there with the sandbags. Alternatively, place a ladder somewhere and have him just hang onto that.

I've just been starting this thing up with a turbo controller and letting it go. The conveyors will move Bowser into place as he's attacking, so you don't need to set anything up after selecting the stage.
Ladders do a lot better job at holding P2 in place.

shal

Smash Apprentice
cd factories own but most are kinda slow, even tho it gives alot of stickers ive hardly found any at all to get cds

Top Bottom