• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catherine Mafia Game Over! Lolilovesrain wins in Queenmaker!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
because it was 5am at the time and I didn't realise that murderbush was scum immediately. So I just went with the person I knew was scum instead of (what I perceived at the time) a 50/50 toss up between soup and murderbush.

The whole guilty on me claim was really awkward timing for me, I was just refreshing one time before bed at 2am and BAM

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I feel like Circus back in Pulp Fiction mafia.

I need a hug.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sadly, even though I really wanted to give an MvP this game, I am going with No MvP.

With the mod-kill and D1 shenanigans and town just eating itself alive, Mafia all they had to do was sit-back and watch the carnage go. Loli for Red Mafia did really well playing the background and using her lurking to benefit. Murderbush was really good at throwing town of their trail with their claim.

*shrug*

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, that reminds me. Midway through D2 or D3 Ryker sent me a PM that was something along the lines of "This game is practically playing itself, this is no fun."

xD

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@J: The alternating kill mechanic is really neat. It's a good way to spin the gimmick of having more than one mafia faction, and forces each faction to think differently about how they're going to set-up their Night phases, since they're going to be 100% out of control of half of them. Props there.

For that reason, the game really didn't need much in the way of PRs on any side, which is why I think it's fair to have so few for town. However, I also hate roles like Faith Healer on principle. Either give the town a Doc or don't. Any role with a "maybe your ability will work or maybe it won't, nothing you can do about it" is ****ty, in my opinion.

I find myself staggeringly confused that you lynched DH with an Inno on him after your guilty flipped scum.

Why?
On paper, you're right, that is really confusing.

But then DH's play.

I feel like Circus back in Pulp Fiction mafia.

I need a hug.
Was thinking the same thing. That feel, bro—I know it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
At least there were no EE walls. :)
You don't even know how badly I'm jonesin' for an EE wall. I would trade Gheb's life for a chance to read just one more EE wall ('nother Pulp Fiction callback).

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I was thinking that the faith healer thing was like the mafia NK thing with one of them being even night doc and the other being odd night doc

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, the Faith Healer was a last minute add-in but town needed a protective in my opinion that was weak. I was feeling Bodygaurd or something but whatcha gonna do?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So now that it's played out, lemme add my comments afterwards:

The even/odd thing was a great idea and worked in execution but I think you need a better method of determining who gets that first shot. Drew found a way to bust that and use it to his advantage of finding the other team immediately and something like that should not happen. You don't want your set-ups or your mechanics to directly aid a team like that.

The lack of PRs was a good overall touch. It prevented the set-up from being busted. You added Faith Healer and I'm not fond of a 50/50 role unless it's a gambler. Sheep Cop was intelligent.

I think the game was a bit small. You needed probably 13 men for this game.

Top Bottom