• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catching Enemies in the Subspace

Cors

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get trophies for all the enemies in the Subspace Emissary? It's actually driving me crazy.

So far, I'm choosing a level and doing it on Intense difficulty to get as many trophy stands as I can, but it's extremely hard. The majority of the time I'm using characters with strong B attacks, like Ness, Lucas, Peach, Ganondorf, Falcon etc.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get all these trophies? Characters to use; where to go etc?

Also, a thing which does my head in about doing this is how often I forget what it is you must do to KEEP the trophies. So often I've captured an enemy, then left the game only to find that it's not actually there. Even though it keeps all the stickers I've found >.<

Anyways, tips... much appreciated :):)

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Any enemies in particular you're having trouble with? Some (like Primids and Goombas) are quite easy. But the stronger enemies are much tougher. Here are some very specific tips on the two hardest enemies to trophify: Gamyga and Armank. (Also, don't forget as soon as you pick up a trophy, you can leave the stage immediately and still have it.)

Gamyga: Choose Wario and venture to the northeastern portion of the Great Maze, near the Ruined Zoo part. You'll be in a grassy area where you'll find Buckots, Roaders, and among other enemies, a Gamyga. Clear out all the other enemies, and if you don't get a trophy stand, simply go through the door and come back in, which will respawn all the enemies. Once you do get a trophy stand, get far away from Gamyga (i.e. out of its laser range) and wait a minute or two. Eventually, Wario will start flashing--show time! Now go up to the Gamyga and stand as close as you can to it (i.e. touching its bottom base). Use down+B to unleash the Wario Waft, which will destroy all its bases and severely weaken the head! Then just throw the stand at the head. Tada!

Armank: This one is tougher. I personally recommend The Wilds (the western one of the two stages)--and use someone with a strong B attack like Charizard or Kirby. As you pass through the stage, you'll come to a narrow tunnel patroled by Roaders. Immediately after the tunnel, jump up and to the left to find a bonus door. Enter (and refuel if need be). Come back out into the stage and defeat the two Buckots immediately overhead. Keep going in and out the door and beating them until one of them coughs up a trophy stand. Pick it up, and now you have the unenviable task of navigating all the mines up ahead. Do the best you can and when you reach the cliff face, hop up (or carefully hitch a ride on the flying enemies), and at the top will be an Armank. Weaken it until only a little bit of its energy remains, then throw the trophy stand at any part of its body to trophify it. (EDIT: If this isn't working for you, more Armanks can be found in the Subspace Bomb Factory (the southern stage version) or Entrance to Subspace--but both are much harder than The Wilds.)

Heh, now just wait until you try to turn the bosses into trophies! >=0)

Cors

Smash Rookie
That's brilliant advice! Thanks for not simply posting one or two useless lines. I'll give those tips a try. Often wondered how on earth you were supposed to get Gamyga. It annoys the crap out of me, that.

And Armank? Is that the tank with the little guy living inside which spawns big arm from its roof?

As far as other enemies I'm having trouble with.... Greap. But I think that's just a case of me dispising it with a passion.

And bosses... finally managed to bag Rayquaza after countless attempts. Not yet attempted any of the others. I'd imagine Meta Ridley is going to be a joy.....(!)

Thanks for the help :)

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Meta Ridley is far and away the most difficult enemy in all of SSE to turn into a trophy...period. I saved him for last! Petey Piranha, Porky, and Galleom are pretty easy, though.

As for Graep, I'm actually not sure--I got super lucky and trophified it without even trying. I'd imagine Skyworld would be the best place to go--weaken it until it's almost dead, then throw that trophy stand. But yeah, that thing is tough.

xJin678

Smash Cadet
There's an easier way ot get the Gamyga trophy. Go on Intense, go to the stage called Road to Ruins or something like that, and use Marth. The Gamyga is located in the middle of the level, so try to find a trophy stand before then. Once you reach it, just use the counter whenever it shoots its lasers.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
QUESTION: Does doing it on a harder difficulty give more trophy stand chance? (So, would Intense be the way to go when trying to get enemy trophies?)

TIP: You've probably already thought of this, but for the character you want to use (I suggest someone who can fly/damage things without killing them/attack well with B (so you can attack with trophy stand in hand and not risk accidentally throwing it! Personally I use Meta Knight) go to their Sticker ball thingy and add all your +Trophy Stand Chance stickers.

You might even add +Sticker chance and/or +Trophy Chance if you have room and you still need more of them too!

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the higher the difficulty level, the more trophy stands you get. Also, be sure to add + Trophy Stand Drop stickers to your preferred characters. Therefore, if you're playing on Intense with characters with the highest + TSD stickers, those things will literally be raining on you throughout the whole stage. If you play on Easy with no stickers, a trophy stand will be a rare sight indeed. It all depends on your skill level and what you're comfortable with. And don't forget to try to target enemies near doors, so that way you can go in and out to reset enemies!

The Great Maze is IDEAL for trophifying enemies, BTW--6 stocks, almost every enemy in the game, doors everywhere, no auto-scroll, no forced battles, and if you're starting to get beat up too badly, just go to a Save Point and reload.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'm also having a bit of trouble, but I'm almost done, myself!

The only ones I know I don't have are Armank, Trowlon, Meta Ridley, and Duon.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Trowlons are those carpet-bird things that try to take you up and off-screen, right? I have a strategy for them too!

In the Great Maze, enter the Skyworld part (northwest part of the maze, if I recall). There are several of them there. First off, defeat enemies until you get a trophy stand (if not, go through the door and come back again to reset them). Once you have one, get above a Trowlon (since they start off on the bottom of the screen) and throw the trophy stand straight up. If done correctly, the Trowlon will pick you up, but as the trophy stand falls back down, it should trophify the Trowlon in the process. Make sure you do this over a platform and not a bottomless pit, or else the Trowlon trophy will fall to its doom!

Mike87

Smash Ace
Trowlons are those carpet-bird things that try to take you up and off-screen, right? I have a strategy for them too!

In the Great Maze, enter the Skyworld part (northwest part of the maze, if I recall). There are several of them there. First off, defeat enemies until you get a trophy stand (if not, go through the door and come back again to reset them). Once you have one, get above a Trowlon (since they start off on the bottom of the screen) and throw the trophy stand straight up. If done correctly, the Trowlon will pick you up, but as the trophy stand falls back down, it should trophify the Trowlon in the process. Make sure you do this over a platform and not a bottomless pit, or else the Trowlon trophy will fall to its doom!
Or you can jump above one and throw the TS down at the trowlon.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
I've also been struggling with this, and really appreciate the advice, rew, I'm gonna do this in the great maze from now on!
Also I swear theres been times where Ive got trophies then quit and lost my trophy :/

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
On the giant clown head on top of cylinders that shoots lasers, Game&Watch can down+B to catch the lasers super easy. I'm not sure if unleashing 3 stored lasers on it kills it in Intense (killing it in one hit is not the point on a Trophy quest).

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
This has been brought up already but:

For Meta Ridley, I recommend having Big Boss sticker (+30 trophy stands), and playing on Hard, so getting to MR is easier, and MR himself is easier, but trophy stands still pop up. After whittling down his health and you have a trophy stand in hand wait until MR rises slowly and hits the ship or when MR ire a large single fireball and then throw up (It's safer to do this when Meta ridley uses the fireball). The trophy should land safely on the ship, solving any hassle with catching it in mid-air.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
a good one for trowlon is go in the forest level ( or what ever level u unlock toonlink on)on intense. there's a lot of them there
for your signature, lucas is 7, but he is 12 at the end of mother 3. you were right about the ness part. long live space animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! swordsman too

fox219

Smash Journeyman
for tabuu, throw the trophy stand when he does an attack that doesn't make him move.

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Tabuu was pretty easy to get. I'm not sure which trophies I'm missing but it would be a good idea to put a +trophy stand sticker on one of your characters. It helps for those boss battles.

SSBBGamer91

Smash Rookie
I'm confused about how to keep the trophies you captured. The one time I lost and went back to the map and earned them, but another time I didn't. I don't get it, do I have to reach another door after I get the trophy to "lock in" the trophy?

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
It's easy....
you get a trophy stand..
here comes the hard part.....
- you mush THROW and HIT the target...

it might be too advanced for you, but give it a try =D

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
As far as other enemies I'm having trouble with.... Greap. But I think that's just a case of me dispising it with a passion.
Marth is excellent for dealing with Grapists; their wind up animation gives you plenty of warning for Counter, whose hitbox is so large that you can clear out other enemies bothering you. Also, Dancing Blade spam can make up for the A attacks you lose when you're holding a trophy stand. I guess I'd recommend hunting them either in the first Skyworld level, or in the first Plains level? All of those Greaps appear very close to the end, so you have lots of enemies beforehand to farm for trophy stands, and you don't have much to worry about if you actually do get the trophy.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused about how to keep the trophies you captured. The one time I lost and went back to the map and earned them, but another time I didn't. I don't get it, do I have to reach another door after I get the trophy to "lock in" the trophy?
No. Here's the deal:

If you complete the level, you will always get everything.

If you die, you have two options:

Stand up (you get nothing of what you had, IIRC)
Return to Map (you get what you had)

Sjos

Smash Cadet
I still need the following trophies, any tips for places where I can find them?

Metal Primid
Glice
Bombed
Greap
Trowlon
Puppit
Armank
Koopa Troopa (Red)
Koopa paratroopa (Green)
Bullet Bill

Ange

Smash Lord
I still need the following trophies, any tips for places where I can find them?

Metal Primid
Glice
Bombed
Greap
Trowlon
Puppit
Armank
Koopa Troopa (Red)
Koopa paratroopa (Green)
Bullet Bill
Pretty nice places for these to appear:

Metal Primid - The Glacial Peak
Glice - The Glacial Peak
Bombed - The Wilds, The Lake Shore, The Swamp (Any of those, dont remember clearly)
Greap - Skyworld
Trowlon - The Forest
Puppit - The Forest
Armank - The Wilds (Part 1)
Koopa Troopa (Red) - The Cave
Koopa paratroopa (Green) - The Cave
Bullet Bill - The Lake Shore

Sjos

Smash Cadet
^
Thanks. Now I only need Metal Primid, Koopa Paratroopa (Green) and Bullet Bill. What are the best places to catch them? (Preferably in the great maze, close to a saving point)

Ange

Smash Lord
^
Thanks. Now I only need Metal Primid, Koopa Paratroopa (Green) and Bullet Bill. What are the best places to catch them? (Preferably in the great maze, close to a saving point)
Uh, I remember next to nothing on where enemies in the Great Maze are located, but I think I can guess some;

Metal Primids - Could be around the Southeast Save Room (Bottom right)
Koopa Paratroopas (Green) - Could be around the Northeast Save Room (Upper right)
Bullet Bill - Think it could be in the Northeast Save Room aswell.

However, The Cave is actually a pretty good place to get Green Koopa Paratroopas, there's plenty of them. And the stage isn't too long. I played on that stage on Normal and actually got a plenty of trophy stands without any ecuipment. :bee:

Bullet Bills... man I have seriously no memory on where they can be. If you could find the Great Maze replica of The Lake Shore (if there is one), they might be there. /:>

dethwaker3

Smash Cadet
I am just missing Meta Ridley, Ridley (Is it a different boss trophy?), Petey Piranha, Master Hand, Crazy Hand trophy for my Boss trophy collection

Ange

Smash Lord
I am just missing Meta Ridley, Ridley (Is it a different boss trophy?), Petey Piranha, Master Hand, Crazy Hand trophy for my Boss trophy collection
You dont fight Master/Crazy Hand in SSE, you get their trophies through clearing certain Challenges.

Master Hand - [Clear Classic with 20 characters]
Crazy Hand - [Clear Classic on Intense difficulty]

And yeah, Meta Ridley and Ridley has their own trophies. :)

Top Bottom