• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Casual trying to get good for Smash 4

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a scrub looking to get decent at the game for when Smash 4 comes out. Looking to find out the basics (How and when to cancel, combos, etc.) so that I can play better than a 5 year old. For an idea of how bad, I can sort of wavedash, but half the time I mess it up.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
As of now, I don't think there are wavedashes in Smash 4 (who knows, some one might discover a way). For now, I'd just search for the mechanics in Sm4sh 3DS or mechanics that have been in Smash for a great amount of time.

Ex (and some basic). Fast Falling, Dash Cancel.

Edit: Welcome to Smash Boards!

Last edited:

MrLsGreenShocker

Smash Rookie
Like your introduction. It's how I feel when playing and then watching competitive players. Anywho, welcome and I look forward to battling you and growing as players with you.

graveLotus

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a scrub looking to get decent at the game for when Smash 4 comes out. Looking to find out the basics (How and when to cancel, combos, etc.) so that I can play better than a 5 year old. For an idea of how bad, I can sort of wavedash, but half the time I mess it up.
I've been playing for a while and I still mess up wavedash, haha. But don't worry, there is no WD in SSB4 but the combos look crazy fun.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Welcome! Don't try advanced techniques until you've mastered spacing and what attack to use in what situation. Also, practice your recovery under different circumstances. Who are you planning to main in Smash 4?

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Welcome to smashboards, enjoy the stay and hope you have fun and grow as a player :)

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
Welcome! Don't try advanced techniques until you've mastered spacing and what attack to use in what situation. Also, practice your recovery under different circumstances. Who are you planning to main in Smash 4?
Noted, I'll definitely look into those before messing around with complicated things. Depending on whether he's good or not, I might main Greninja, he looked fun in the trailer. If not, I'll just main Fox or something.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :4pacman:

Dott

Smash Ace
Try to play another Smash game compettively (Melee, PM or 64 preferibly), that way you will have an idea of how combos work and wil be able to make your own combos, as well, how many options you have when you are in X situation, as well how to continue hitting the player when you are starting a combo.

Good luck!

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
Try to play another Smash game compettively (Melee, PM or 64 preferibly), that way you will have an idea of how combos work and wil be able to make your own combos, as well, how many options you have when you are in X situation, as well how to continue hitting the player when you are starting a combo.

Good luck!
Thanks a bunch! Trying to get into Melee as P:M isn't an option (no PAL release as far as I know of) and I'm not huge on 64.

Top Bottom