• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Network is DEAD!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i miss the old day of CN when they had Friday CN characters to host the station.
And they had samurai jack who can say they don't like that show?
when ed edd and eddy was the star show and courage the cowardly dog was a close runner up.
when Dexter and johny bravo killed us with a dose of laughing gas.

then they started with billy and mandy and evil con carne.
they wernt so bad they were a little crude but funny.
next up was the KND and I can personally say I loved that series.
but it evolved into a monster that couldn't be stopped it gave birth to fosters home of imaginaries
and it doesn't stop there camp lazlo was born not short after.
then they got the really stupid shows like squirl boy, flap jack and chowder.

WTF happened? some where they lost their minds who knows where but somewhere.
I say CN pull up your act or you'll start to lose your ratings

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Bring back Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Do that and I'll be happy

That's all I have to say

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Bring back Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Do that and I'll be happy

That's all I have to say
i think they discontinued that show, there was a last episode. but hey that shows been around for 5 years!

the show i want dead is 6-teen(waaay too underrated and dumb), total drama island (boring...) that new 3d show with ******** evil vilians(nice animation, but i HATE this show)

i understand they are trying new stuff and appeal towards teens, but it aint working. just hope they bring back samerai jack, some ACTION shows for once, heck a super smash bros show would be nice.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
First episode: Batman, Green Arrow, Clock King, Blue Beetle

i jizzed my pants

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Am I the only one who feels OLD?

"Bah! This new crap sucks! Back in MY day, we had GOOD cartoons like Dexter's Lab..."

Twilight_Warrior

Smash Cadet
Reality shows = crap.
End of Story.

I've desparately gone from watching cartoons to watching comedy on TBS. Anything that has Family Guy or The Office is my new channel. And you guys say Bommerang rocks, but Boomerang costs money that I don't have. CN was my fallout, and now its gone. *sob*

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

"Bah! This new crap sucks! Back in MY day, we had GOOD cartoons like Dexter's Lab..."
Eh, I don't think it's quite that bad. Dexter's Lab was still on the air less than a decade ago (I think?). We're not that old, we just have memories of a better time. ;)

When you start saying things like "Back in my day, we had quality shows like Dexter's Labratory. And we watched them on a TV, in only TWO DIMENSIONS. And we were HAPPY to have that many. T'weren't none o' these fancy Holo-ma-graphical lookity devices with the 3D imagery and such. Our shows were flat and we liked it!"

Then you're old.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Reality shows = crap.
End of Story.

I've desparately gone from watching cartoons to watching comedy on TBS. Anything that has Family Guy or The Office is my new channel. And you guys say Bommerang rocks, but Boomerang costs money that I don't have. CN was my fallout, and now its gone. *sob*

second'd disney no longer veiw cartoons, just this hanana montana crap, lilo and stich is entertaining enough.but only in 1 am to 4am, wtf?i swear i NEVER saw mickey mouse again

nick, same. just i carly 60% of the time.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Even though most shows are corny, TDI/TDA and Batman: The brave and the Bold are saving CN, along with Star Wars: Clone Wars imo. Naruto does the job aswell =]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
TDI was okay, but I still dislike it on principle. I mean, a cartoon about a reality show? How far has our imagination sunk? The kind of kid that grows up with Total Drama Island is the kind of kid that becomes addicted to Real World/Road Rules Challenge 27 as a teenager. We need more cartoons that actually stimulate creative thinking, I think.

Plus, I hate that lazy flash animation.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
First episode: Batman, Green Arrow, Clock King, Blue Beetle

i jizzed my pants
meh, the fact that it shows a different hero every episode, thats a plus though personally i prefer the old batman: the animated series

your not alone
i too long for shows back in the day

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
meh, the fact that it shows a different hero every episode, thats a plus though personally i prefer the old batman: the animated series
of course, Batman TAS is amazing. but Brave and the Bold is great too.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
DEX Lab is one of my faves

When I was 6 I was addicted to the TV. Now I am not. CN was what I loved now I cant stand anything new

Luccie

Smash Cadet
The Super Mario Brothers Show should have been on CN. THEN it would be alive.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
ROFL, get yo *** whooped. XD

The Super Mario Brothers Show should have been on CN. THEN it would be alive.
That would be epic, they should had put Kirby of the Stars in there when it was still alive, (around 2003 or 2005). But sadly, there are many people that don't know the epicness of The Super Mario Brothers Show, though they have it out on DVD but is not highly known.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
Which reminds me. What about that one SONIC THE HEDGEHOG show with Urkel.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Which reminds me. What about that one SONIC THE HEDGEHOG show with Urkel.

You mean the really epic and creative one, or the one that was so crazy and insane that it made Ren and Stimpy look like a cartoon that made sense?
He means the first one, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is the other one.

황미영

Smash Champion
You know Batman the brave and the bold cartoon is based off the comic book series of the same name. And in the series that is exactly what he does, he teams up with other super heroes.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
good news, edd ed and eddy were aired today, bad news is that CN are going to air 5 realilty show this summer. wth is with cartoon channels and reality shows?

i mean, its not a bad thing but..why?
yeah, i just saw the ed edd n eddy episodes, brings back memories but i also saw the ads for these reality shows, othersider? seems like a kid rip off of ghosthunters
survive this? boring

as to why are they doing this, probably because of today's generation of kids

§leepy God

Smash Master
as to why are they doing this, probably because of today's generation of kids
That might not be a good enough reason. If you turn to Cartoon Network, you expect to see Cartoons and not anything that's based on reality. The last thing kids these days would want to see is the reality shows that was shown before they were born or when they were in diapers. I'm guessing their showing things like that because they are either short on cash, want to try something new, or running out of ideas.

Top Bottom