• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cargo stage spike?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I was just watching a DK "combo" vid on youtube with alot of these in it and I thought to myself. Why isn't DK in top tier with something like this in his arsenal?

is it harder to do than the video led on to believe?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Because an easy kill doesn't equal high tier.
I'm not sure exactly, but he has other easy kills.
Head Smash to Donkey Punch/Forward Smash
Cargo stage spike
Bear chain off stage.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
It's very easy to pull off on an opponent whose at percents higher than 60%. You just have to space yourself properly. Also, DK has been placing high/high-mid. He's got the 8th most tournament wins, if I'm not mistaken.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
people can tech it once they learn some technical skill. also they can break out of it =)

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
It's fairly easy to do, but good players can mash out before you throw, and also can tech off the stage, both options putting DK in a somewhat vulnerable position off the stage. If you get footstooled or spiked out of your DJ, DK can't recover.

It's a useful tool, but not gamebreakingly powerful or anything, and certainly not enough to shift tiers.

Tiers aren't based around having a few good kill techs, but on overall performance, including approach, priority, spacing ability, killing power, recovery, individual character matchups, etc.

Tiers based off of tournament placing are also somewhat biased, as they are an indication of player skill rather than character ability.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
Tiers based off of tournament placing are also somewhat biased, as they are an indication of player skill rather than character ability.
They also fail to take into account the number of people playing specific characters at tourneys. For every one player using DK there is 200 (probably more) using Snake (or Metaknight for that matter).

Gindler

Smash Champion
Tech is where you press a dodge (R&L) button right when you hit something to bounce off right? I thought this only worked on level ground so that's good to know.

Top Bottom