• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CaptainSmashie Visits California: Help a British Smasher

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Hi all,
I'm from england and in march i'm visiting america to travel all the way accross the US starting in LA and ending up in new york
During this epic trek i'll be looking to attend some tournaments, meet new smashers and generally have a good time. Is there anyone who can help me with what touneys to go to, give me some advice or would be willing to house a british smasher for a night? All i ask is a peice of floor to sleep on and am willing to play smash like a fiend- hopefully i'll learn something new and give you a taste of what british smash is like!
:bigthumbu

if you want to contact me, feel free to PM me, or add me on msn/facebook
msn: simply_smashing9@hotmail.com
facebook: charlie grocott

thanks to anyone who is kind enough to help out a smasher in a strange land!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you come March 1st, there is going to be a huge tournament at UCLA. That wouldn't be something to miss.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, im gutted about missing that :/ ill be there like the 26th, something like that ( i have no idea exactly tbh lol) il probably be bumpiing this topic nearer the time in search of more support :p

T0MMY

Smash Master
omg, can you make your way upwards from California towards OR & WA?
If you stop by OR we'll provide housing/food/Smash. It's not often we get to play English Smashers.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
fantastic yeah, ill come along for a bit. Are you that ganon player, i think ive heard of you? ganon dittos are too good ^_^
not sure of exactdates atm, ill be in LA be the 24th, and ice no idea how long itll take me to get from there to OR. any particular dates you can/ cant do?

T0MMY

Smash Master
fantastic yeah, ill come along for a bit. Are you that ganon player, i think ive heard of you? ganon dittos are too good ^_^
not sure of exactdates atm, ill be in LA be the 24th, and ice no idea how long itll take me to get from there to OR. any particular dates you can/ cant do?
Haha, no, I'm not the Ganon player, you might be thinking of Shin.
I'm t0mmy, Pichu main in Melee, but I main R.O.B. in Brawl now.
I know it takes all day to drive from LA to Oregon, so you've got quite a distance (with NorCal between us). Take your time and have some fun with other Smasher on the way, and stop by WA, SKYPAL might want to have you play with them (that's a treat!).

Any day, any time, whatever works for you. Just try to keep me updating on your trip. Also, try to PM me instead of posting here, I don't have much time to check the boards.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
whoa dude thats cool you are coming to the WC. Wish i could play you but I wont be able to. I really really like your sig. GL with finding a place to stay and enjoy your visit.

T0MMY

Smash Master
We'll try to reschedule tournaments so you can make it to Sacramento and northward up to Oregon well enough.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Yay captain smashie i was your doubles partner at fb3 that was sick i wasnt expecting to win a set lol cause i suck at doubles

T0MMY

Smash Master
It was fun having you at our place, showing you around town, and all the Falcon dittos we played both Brawl & Melee were lots of fun.
Hope the rest of your trip goes well!

Top Bottom