• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Tavo to Apex Donations: How much will Clubba pay? ($139)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i know almost all of the people who pledged donations and I trust them. I am collecting cash from most people at apex, paypal possibly from a few people, but hey worst case scenario i'm down $700.
when I would send it, it would be via paypal (people walking around with that much money in the smash community, lolno)

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So alvin just got in contact with me and he is looking to come to apex too but he wants help paying for a plane ticket.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Lets have that be a separate discussion. Someone else will have to spear head that fundraising effort if we make it happen

Sedda

Smash Champion
Why the **** did he get in contact with Karajan?

More importantly, why the **** did nobody ask that question?

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sucks Alvin came to the donation party late - definitely wanna see him come. I almost want to split my $50 between Alvin and Tavo, but then that comes straight out of clubba's pocket so I'm not gonna do that.

Maliki

Smash Ace
We should get some information on alvins travel like how much does he need, how much does he have, ect .

Maliki

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be better to make a separate thread for Alvin? Whoever feels like managing it can make a thread.
It would generally be a better idea to make another thread but you would probably just lock it than ban Kero and have Nintendude ban hyrule.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea guys this is just about Tavo. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to front the money for Alvin as well if he comes, so someone else needs to take charge on that effort if they want. If someone does that and people want to pull donations from Tavo to Alvin I would understand, but I guess that would mean that donations are not closed lol.

ComboBlaze I'm counting your 20 to Tavo.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think Karajan has been most in the loop for this but in general Tavo or whoever is repping him has not done a good job updating us. I was kinda hoping to get him the money like 1.5 months ago, I hope he doesn't come up like the week before asking for money. Idk man, idk.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I want a picture of sheers face if he gets to meet his hero.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Give it to Jousuke as a gift to see if he wants to come, and THEN we can do another donation to bring him here.

But in all honestly I also want to see Prince or Alancitu

edit- also, I'm still donating $50. I just want Tavo, or whoever else comes, to confirm.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Of all the japanese people to convince to show, i think trying to get Kikoushi out of retirement would be best

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea um not saying I won't for sure, but semi-sponsoring/fronting Tavo to Apex was kinda because I really wanted specifically him to come because of his awesome play style. I might still do it for another player if its the right one, but don't jump to the conclusion that I'm down to throw money down for a player of the communities choosing.

Sedda

Smash Champion
officially not spending the 50 on this if tavo decides to come all of the sudden. gotta buy some food

Top Bottom