• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcons Jabs need Tips.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
You see the problem is that when I do the Jab "Gentlemen" it does the start up jabs but when I grab with the "Z" button it continues to do the jabs instead of a Grab. The reason I say this is because when I do grab it seems im waiting way to long giving the opponent time to shield, dodge etc.
Anytips? Much would be appeciated. Like this =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoADaj20soI

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
The jabs have IASA frames, you have to interrupt the jabs with something else like a crouch, shield, walk, dash, whatever before you hit Z.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
when you try the gentleman, you only need to press the 'A' button 3 times, may I add that you shouldn't press it 3 times fast. But rather slow like 1....2...3, just experiment to get the fastest gentleman and remember only press 3 times and it won't end up a rapid punch, also this timing has potential mind games where you can stop half way through the combo for a split second and do the last hit which is a knee. afterwards go for a grab etc. even try it.

Roager

Smash Ace
If I'm going from jab to grab, I usually only do one or two jab hits. I don't like using the gentleman. I don't know why. The risk of getting stuck in the long animation of the other jabs, i guess.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
If I'm going from jab to grab, I usually only do one or two jab hits. I don't like using the gentleman. I don't know why. The risk of getting stuck in the long animation of the other jabs, i guess.
same here. if you wait a little after the second jab, the jabs reset, and you can jab juggle them for a while if you're good. i've gotten off like 8 jabs before. and then dsmash.

Top Bottom