• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon? Wtf?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
First of all, Mario isn't the main character of the game. This is Smash Bros., which features all of the top Nintendo franchises (and now popular 3rd parties too), not Super Mario, where he is the main protagonist.

Second of all, how in the blue hell do you conclude his moveset got changed for the worse without even playing the game???? His up+B covers more range, he still the cape, The FLUDD might become a good edgeguarder, the Tornado appears to have a better hitbox, and his fair has been changed to match Doc's fair in Melee, which was a beastly KO move. Not to mention his absurd, over-the-top Final Smash.

I don't even get what that has to do with Captain Falcon's confirmation. The way I see it, the later he gets confirmed, the happier I'll be, because it makes his long awaited return that make better.
*eye twitches*

What about the rest of Mario's mechanics hmmm? Not just his special moves. His aerials, smashes, and juggling capability.

And you still have seen absolutely nothing from Capt Falcon. All of his stuff other than his special moves could be changed.....for the worst.

Hong

The Strongest
Really, no amount of DOJO!! updates will satisfy me until I see the Captain. Because it's not Smash Brothers without Falcon. :p

I know he'll be there but I want to see his new look and some explosions. D:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Master Chief 4 Brawl. As a Cap'n Falcon Clone, yes.
Master Chief worked for the Dead or Alive series so I guess he can work for Brawl.....but I dunno....there are just so many other guys out there that deserve it more ya know.

Falcon needs to be confirmed ASAP! LIKE TODAY!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Captain Falcon should have that falcon punch from the anime as his final smash.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Look at this scenario. Mario's the main character of the game and yet Sakurai rearranged his moveset for the worst.

Falcon could get the same rough treatment.
And where do you get those notions? Mario isn't the game's main character (it doesn't have any single main character), and the only change to him we know of as yet is the Mario Tornado becoming an A move and FLUDD becoming his new down B, and we don't have a clue whether that change is going to help or hinder him. Really, this is exactly the sort of assumption without evidence I was talking about.

shadenexus said:
Look at it this way guys. From Smash 64 to Melee, alot of the game mechanics were changed especially the moves for Falcon. And the same exact thing is going to happen with Brawl. I guarantee it!
Of course - changes are going to be made to everyone in some way or another, just as it was going from the original to Melee. Thats unavoidable. Making assumptions about whether they'll be good or bad or labeling one move of the character's as the only one worth having, on the other hand, is a rather foolish thing to be doing, because theres absolutely no way to substantiate the claims. For all you know, Captain Falcon's changes could make him top-tier in this game just as easily as they could drop him to low or bottom tier.

Zevox

Darc

Smash Rookie
i can't wait to see what the new and improved knee looks like..

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised they haven't metioned the Capt yet but..... he's hands down in the game he HAS to be. Everyones is also worrying about Luigi, he'll eventually come along also. But in terms of who will be unlockble...Luigi will be unlockable for the 3rd time, hopefully with his own moveset or his Ghost Vacuum. Capt. Falcon will be a default maybe b/c I don't see the reasoning in him being a unlockable in SSB then a default in SSBM. Same with Jiggly he'll be an unlockable again...unfortunately. IC since they weren't playable may be unlockables this time around. And honestly other than those guys all the originals would be back, so we're pretty much watching the clock for G&W(nervously...), Marth, and Mewtwo.

This is my first post since checking out all the new vids up 4 the game on IGN n saw the news about it's new release date. N I jst wanna say this games gunna own, hands down.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
i wonder how the new falcon punch will be.
and how he will say "yeass!"

also his new taunts?
Theres not a whole lot of reason to change Captain Falcon's moves. They were original enough in melee. I think we will see the Falcon roaring all over the stage in the Blue Falcon as an FS. :)

Chari

Smash Apprentice
When will Captain Falcon be updated? The world may never know...yet. He'll have his turn so he can be his falcon punches.

I think Captain Falcon will grow a 3rd knee for his FS. lolz I dunno. That would be funny to see.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
IMHO, I would enjoy seeing Capt. Falcon performing a North Star Hundred Crack Fist-esque attack as his FS.

BTW, calm down, everyone! Please.:eek: I am certain that the good old captain will simply be fashionably late for his appearance in Brawl.;)

Top Bottom