• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon was the real star Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Random Scenario: Captain Falcon used a warp gate & traveled to their universe in order to test all Smash Newcomers. They failed the test. Chrom was banned from trying to qualify for roster spot, & it broke out to be an unofficial 3v1. Lucky they didn't have to fight Captain Fabulous.:4falcon:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Random Scenario: Captain Falcon used a warp gate & traveled to their universe in order to test all Smash Newcomers. They failed the test. Chrom was banned from trying to qualify for roster spot, & it broke out to be an unofficial 3v1. Lucky they didn't have to fight Captain Fabulous.:4falcon:
So Falcon tests the newcomers?

That means Lucina was lucky that Robin came to save her hide from exclusion (but recieved clonedom as penalty for doing bad)
When Captain Falcon kicked Lucina's sword I was like: please let that be his new up tilt, that would be sick.
Let's hope he gets a new up tilt period

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

That means Lucina was lucky that Robin came to save her hide from exclusion (but recieved clonedom as penalty for doing bad)

Let's hope he gets a new up tilt period
Spinosaurus with the amazing cross-up reply. . .:4falcon:*Approves*

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh man, I swear every single frame with Captain Falcon in it was the best out of that video. He wasn't shown as the sort of unconformable man's man he was in the Brawl cuts scene but instead of a badass who smiles in battle while he defeats his opponents with ease. I truly hope Captain Falcon is good in smash 4, his godliness need to return.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon was just amazing in Robin's trailer; I loved how he smiled casually throughout a majority of the trailer (even when he was sliding back to evade Robin's Elwind attack). Not to mention the brushing of Lucina's sword aside with his arm and via kicking! And the epic readying of that Falcon Punch!

schmorgyborgy said:
i love how he's so nonchalant about the whole thing. like, Lucina is like all out screaming and stuff and he's just smirking the whole time.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ao3ce/stand_the_****_back/cix23rh
pib319 said:
He's a smash veteran. He's done this s*** like a million times.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ao3ce/stand_the_****_back/cix3of9

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Complaining about **** jokes is like complaining about Black humour, just deal with it. there is nothing wrong in being offended.
Keep it to yourself and the people that think it's funny. Don't bring it out in public. Also, being offended is very wrong. Sorry mods, I really had to get that off my chest...

With that said, Captain Falcon was the highlight of this trailer, and it seems they kept him hidden for so long just to unveil him for this trailer specifically.

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
That first smile like...

Time to show my moves.

Last edited:

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Captain Falcon's appearance this morning made my day, I was thinking about this trailer all day long at work. I think my favorite part was when he threw a punch that barely missed Lucina's head and it made the sound of a cannon going off. So awesome!

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Imagine a casual/little kid who's never played Smash or any secondary Nintendo franchise watching this trailer. They'd probably be "HOLY **** THIS GUY LOOKS AWESOME! WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THESE LOSERS, I WANNA SEE MORE OF THAT OTHER GUY!" :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That ****ing sound when he kicks Lucina's sword out of her hand though. Gets me every time.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Captain Falcon was the only thing that really got me excited during the trailer. The only Fire Emblem game I ever played was the DEMO for Awakening, so I don't really have a connection to the characters, unfortunately.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
If Captain Falcon is remotely good as he was in Melee, I'm going to go back to play him again. I loved the video of him whooping butt! But why was he fighting the Fire Emblem characters, I wonder?
Today is F-Zero X's 16th anniversary in Japan, so that must have something to do with his appearance here.

D

Deleted member

We thought it'd be Shulk, then Rayman, and in the next day, a WTF moment happened on the trailer, and Captain Falcon showed up out of nowhere, and it was pure awesomeness. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Captain falcon was just so godlike, really made the video for me. Watching him dominate one of FE's strongest proves that are respecting his beastliness

Soul.

Captain Falcon did what he did on the trailer because no one can get on his level. He jumped out of Robin's attacks as if they were nothing. He was about to do his best attack, the Falcon Punch, but couldn't. Maybe he will when the two versions are released.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well the good Captain certainly looks amazing in the Awakening art style. A lot of cool new Captain Falcon avatars have popped up based off that video.

Dude you stole the words right out of my mouth. I like the idea, brings things in perspective. I'm guessing characters like Tink, Wolf and Roy didn't do too hot when they entered. But that begs the question of how Gonondorf became a clone to C. Falcon. Maybe he did so well that we graced with the ability to use Falcon's move set? That's the only answer that makes any sort of sense.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The entire reason that video was made to show off how badass Captain Falcon truly is, he will rule the game this time around.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Easily was. My main in 64 and Melee is back and better than ever.
Though I hate Awakening so yeah, lol.

Are you seriously this obtuse?

Then it's time to stop and improve.
You shouldn't be hating Awakening.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Chrom got knocked out badly and Lucina didn't fare much better. Robin was the only one that didn't end up getting humiliated and he missed Captain Falcon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom