• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Skillful Discussion thread Were Running With IT!!!!

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.
I see a lot of random flames in this humble area of smash world and i wonder Why? thinking about it,i fond a way to settle it down(or just keep it locked in here)with a nice ole discussion thread.It could help with all the crap that needs to be said, but you want to keep ontopic.

Also it could be a great place to learn about CF moves!(thanks to tenki for the idea)

So the first move i want to talk about is one not used much(3 days for every move).

D-tilt.

I find this move to be a good dmger and leads up to some attacks but a bit to slow to be put to use in most fastpaced CF styles.(any one who sum it up the best will be quoted here if they want.)

Tenki

Smash Hero
no wait, make it a tactical discussion thread with moves of the day, instead of some social topic that'll probably get locked x.x

[edit/reply to next post]

lol title change xD

...do what you wish :|
atm Falcon players are kinda trying to resurrect the reputation of Falcon, if not, at least trying to get better with him. Marth players have some leeway to have a social thread, since Marth is fairly balanced/remained mostly the same from Melee. Falcon players have to deal with weaknesses that aren't covered by L-cancelling anymore, as well as newer ones, such as lack of hitstun and startup lag that prevents true combos from happening.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Marth has one why cant Falcon?

EDIT: Changed.

Yea a ALOT of players say CF sucks but IDK i play a few really good CFs and could really par to my marth in some area's of battle.

Also since his UB is kinda a trow it really hard to edge guard if the CF is dencently close to the stage you could wind up being to one stage spiked.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Because Marth is a woman.

But, on the other hand, this thread could be nice, but I don't think, if it's used for its original purpose, it will last that long, or have much to be discussed.

Ah well, as for dair, bad priority and range make it difficult to make up for its knockback (if you can get the one you want).

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's D-tilt though, not d-air :O

I'm still working on learning Falcon (..!), clean slate (no Melee mindset!), but IMO it's nice if you can 'tip' it. I guess it's more of a defensive anti-ground move, cause it's got decent range but leaves you immobile for a while.

I tried putting it into an approach by doing an initial dash>d-tilt, but atm I don't know his spacing well enough to pull it off consistently. It might be best used defensively.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Ii find the Dtilt can be used after CF Jab for a nice follow up.

CF is great once you dont think about melee.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh, I completely misread that.

Jabs to dtilt is completely escapable/interruptible.

But I do like the dtilt for its range.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Dtilt is good, but what it lacks is quickness and dodge-ness. When you're crouching with Falcon you are barely shorter than when you're standing normally which is stupid. So it's easy to get planted with a hard one since you're still so tall yet more immobile. The move itself however is pretty good, at low percents you can get a couple in a row sometimes which is pretty cool and at high percents it's a great pop-up move. Overall I'd say it's a good move when you hit with it but if you miss you set yourself up for failure. Plus it's the hardest of the tilts to use effectively imo.

Top Bottom