• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon revealed (on 12/21 video)

Twisted

Smash Cadet
Its not Falcon and it's not photoshoped. The symol on his back is Mario's Hand, his chest/back is just purple Primid smoke, the face is the same color as the wall. You get images like this when you blow up pictures far larger then they are supposed to be (especialy from a movie and not a still pic). This is almost as ridiculous as the "Charaters in the clouds" argument that hapened when we got the first subspace pics. This happens when peopl look WAY to hard into things.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
They're all just primids, but whatever help you guys sleep at night.

Man, it's the cloud theory all over again. Ugh... We're in for 4 ugly weeks.

*drinks vitamin water*

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
They're all just primids, but whatever help you guys sleep at night.

Man, it's the cloud theory all over again. Ugh... We're in for 4 ugly weeks.

*drinks vitamin water*
Agreed there. Hopefully we will have at least the starting roster within the next three weeks, and the complete game revealed within the next four, just so things like this stop...

"OMG I SEE A GUITAR IN THE FLUFF OF THE ICE CLIMBERS CLOTHES, 'GUITAR HERO' MODE CONFIRMED!!!!!11"

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Doubt you'd say the same about Ness. >_>

Anyway, it's all Primids. Any faces in the clouds are just coincidence, Primids are carrying beam blades, Primids are shooting lasers, Primids are rolling, and Primids have Falcon colors all over them.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'm sure Captain Falcon will be back, but I'm not so sure his first appearance on doing so is in some blurred video.

skunkySkunk

Smash Rookie
check it out, more or less "clear" footage of the captain helm:

still conjecture, but much clearer than before I would say.

edit: furthermore, the white supposed hand of falcon in this pic:

is probably mario's glove; however, mario has nothing that even resembles falcon's eyes/black mask so I still think falcon is in that blurry segment :)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
check it out, more or less "clear" footage of the captain helm:

still conjecture, but much clearer than before I would say.
That same image was on the IGN thread about this, and there were two other images that show it is either the Primid's hand or something is holding, since it ends up almost on the ground. I doubt Captain Falcon's head/helmet falls off...

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i can CLEARLY see mario, but i don't know what the extra smudge is, it COULD be falcon, but it needs to be sharper for me or atleast as noticable as mario...

D

Deleted member

For the people who think it is Mario... it's not him either in this scene.

They're switching scenes and it's just fading out. The Mario you see is in the next scene. Watch the vid again.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
For the people who think it is Mario... it's not him either in this scene.

They're switching scenes and it's just fading out. The Mario you see is in the next scene. Watch the vid again.
That is half the "deconfirmation" of Falcon in this video.

There are several supposed "Falcon sightings" and the fact people are pointing out anything that could possibly relate only further disproves it since they are not even on the same page.

There is the faded "ghost" of Captain Falcon that originally came up, that is actually Mario in the transition to the next scene, and then there is the one that was mentioned above where you clearly see what looks like his helmet, as if he is running behind them. That is obviously not right since even in the video you can see that they are not running away from something, they are going to attack.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
yes i see it closely and now i like this thread and it's radical to see captain falcon is back and i played f-zero gx since 2003 and for now i want to see him confrimed on monday because i was sick and tired to see the veterans and newcomers not announced since novemer last month but this december i want to see capctain falcon confrimed for now on thanks for it

courte

Smash Lord
you guys know he's in why do you need to hallucinate about it. I'm glad he's in and i never ever have to seen him. Heck he could be optic camo all the times and i'd be happy

NukeA6

Smash Master
Why would Captain Falcon (or Mario as I see it) appear as a blurr? There are just Primids in the scene.

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
I didn't think people could be so stupid on these boards. You all are treating a blurry picture of Mario like it's proof of God or something. It's definitely not Falcon, and it's definitely Mario fading in. You can clearly see his 'stache, his hat, and his glove. If you all want to treat that as Falcon, go ahead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
It's Mario... I mean really like it's that important, you know Falcon will be in, it wouldn't be Smash Bros. without Falcon.

Ness is more likely to be out because he's now got "Zero Suit Ness" Though I think they could go Captain Falcon on him or give him some moves out of the Mother series like the first game...

Gill

Smash Journeyman
It's not Falcon, but regardless thats an amazing optical illusion.

*COUGH.* I meant WOAH, THE CAPTAIN IS CONFIRMED, DADDIO!

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
Don't be stupid. Why would Sakurai put that in the video to begin with? He clearly caters to the casual gamers as evidenced by the e4all DOJO updates and the welcome message at the DOJO (for those who are wondering what Smash Bros. is....). I'm sure he couldn't care less that our overly determined/desperate/naive crew of detectives here can find Ridleys in clouds and C. Falcons in pixelated and distorted blown up images. Whether you like it or not, all the updates and advertising for this game is targeted at the gamers who don't spend hours on the Smashboards, or wouldn't be categorized as hardcore gamers. As said before, this is just classic overanalyzation by people who want something so bad that they will grasp for any shred of "proof" to make their wishes come true. Sakurai has more important things to do then stick pictures of a blurry C. Falcon in random places.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell, it is a Primid holding a Fire Flower. Didn't a E for All video say the Fire Flower went back to it's original appearance? In the blurry footage, it looks like the primid is holding something circular and it has been known that in that one scene, every primid is holding an item. Unless this has already been mentioned, I apologize.

Oh well, we all know he's coming back. Why is everyone so impulsive?

Gill

Smash Journeyman
this is just classic overanalyzation by people who want something so bad that they will grasp for any shred of "proof" to make their wishes come true. Sakurai has more important things to do then stick pictures of a blurry C. Falcon in random places.
Seriously people, his series is still obviously in the game, with Samurai Goroh as an AT, and he's been in SSB since the first game. Have some confidence, he doesn't need to be confirmed, we know he's in.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
People here are so god**** stupid! Every time you guys see something blurry you automatically think "OMFG IT'S NESS/LUIGI/FALCON/RIDLEY/JIGGLYPUFF!!!!11!". Falcon is coming back, but he's not in this video. Now everybody shut up about that stupid blur!

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
Why is everyone so obsessed with Falcon, anyway? I don't care if its an internet joke, it simply isn't all that funny. What makes him so "epic"? It's just plain stupid.
And did anybody here doubt Falcon's return at all?

Cinder

Smash Master
There's no way it's Captain Falcon, of course we all know past characters are coming back, but it's not him, it just isn't =P
You're right, actually...I took a closer look, and apparently it's the fade effect from the next scene...if you look closely, you'll notice that what appears to be his visor is Mario's mustache, the symbol on the helmet is his nose, and if you look off to the upper right (slightly), you'll see the outline of Mario's hat, with a slight hint of red...

Top Bottom