• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon - from melee to brawl - explaination about why captain falcon is 'bad'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Pointless/useless thread? look around the board. Alot of people are saying things that shows they aren't aware that falcon is indeed, the worst character

I thought everyone accepted this..

One must accept their characters cons..before one can try to improve..'find ways around' said cons.

People saying things like 'noobs' agreeing with falcon beeing the 'worst'..yeah..they are implying they don't get it :(
what does it matter if people think he's the worst character or not?

Either way, there are people who think he's the worst character, and there are people who don't think he's the worst character, who are either helping to develop the metagame or deliver tourney results.

People do know his issues, and it's not like they think he's not the worst character because they don't know his issues. They think he's not the worst character because they don't know **** about the other characters he's "worse" than.

>__>

edit/reply to next post:
Hits happen.
Mistakes happen.

No "perfect play" BS.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
Fox use the edit button..and also, when the opponent also times his/her attack right..yeah..

what does it matter if people think he's the worst character or not?

Either way, there are people who think he's the worst character, and there are people who don't think he's the worst character, who are either helping to develop the metagame or deliver tourney results.

People do know his issues, and it's not like they think he's not the worst character because they don't know his issues. They think he's not the worst character because they don't know **** about the other characters he's "worse" than.

>__>

It matters because they will try to play a melee falcon if they don't know his brawl flaws.

And if they don't know anything about the characters they are up against, that doesn't help their chance of winning..especially with falcon.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

It matters because they will try to play a melee falcon if they don't know his brawl flaws.

And if they don't know anything about the characters they are up against, that doesn't help their chance of winning..especially with falcon.

Oh, so the opponent is going to time his attacks so that they hit him directly? I mean really, this rarely happens.
The issue with Falcon is simply as was said earlier. Alot of his moves just canot be used as they used to because of the brawl engine.

yes Falcon lacks priority, but so does Sonic. Due to their high speed though they have methods of getting around the priority. with some characters its more of an issue, but overall , priority typically isnt as big a deal as it is made out to be.

What it does mean is that he cant rush down the opponent like Meta Knight does. Which is bad, because of the defensive nature of brawl.
Which means he needs to punish like he used to in melee.
Which is more difficult, because of the defensive nature of brawl.
And lackof hitstun.
And shieldstun.
And L canceling.
And Dash dancing.

Tenki

Smash Hero

Who seriously still tries to play Brawl Falcon Melee-style? :urg:
I thought anyone who mattered in the Falcon metagame development got past that already.
If anything, it might just be people who use Falcon as a play-around character, but it's not like they really care. It's like, those random people who just post "Falcon Punch!" or "lol knee" once and leave.

But yes, not knowing their stuff about other characters is a big failure.

I honestly think that the Falcon boards developed in some kind of weird bubble from the rest of the Brawl community. At the beginning, when everyone was finding out they couldn't combo, Falcon boards were full of "BAWW WE r NURFD, CAN't COMBO!", like it only happened to him. I've seen Brawl Falcon played adapted to Brawl, and it's far from a benign sandbag.

yes Falcon lacks priority, but so does Sonic. Due to their high speed though they have methods of getting around the priority. with some characters its more of an issue, but overall , priority typically isnt as big a deal as it is made out to be.

What it does mean is that he cant rush down the opponent like Meta Knight does. Which is bad, because of the defensive nature of brawl.

qft.

though...

Which means he needs to punish like he used to in melee.
Which is more difficult, because of the defensive nature of brawl.
And lackof hitstun.
And shieldstun.
And L canceling.
And Dash dancing.
Falcon has a comparatively awesome foxtrot dance/dashdance in Brawl.

Seriously. Foxtrot Dance.

But that aside, people know his attacks are escapable, and more often than not, they airdodge. +something to punish.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
Who seriously still tries to play Brawl Falcon Melee-style? :urg:
I thought anyone who mattered in the Falcon metagame development got past that already.
If anything, it might just be people who use Falcon as a play-around character, but it's not like they really care. It's like, those random people who just post "Falcon Punch!" or "lol knee" once and leave.

But yes, not knowing their stuff about other characters is a big failure.

I honestly think that the Falcon boards developed in some kind of weird bubble from the rest of the Brawl community. At the beginning, when everyone was finding out they couldn't combo, Falcon boards were full of "BAWW WE r NURFD, CAN't COMBO!", like it only happened to him. I've seen Brawl Falcon played adapted to Brawl, and it's far from a benign sandbag.

qft.

though...

Falcon has a comparatively awesome foxtrot dance/dashdance in Brawl.

Seriously. Foxtrot Dance.

But that aside, people know his attacks are escapable, and more often than not, they airdodge. +something to punish.
I know, I have been maining falcon for quite awhile, and I know what he is capable of, but I also know what he's not capable of.

And yes, maybe the people who seem to be uninformed don't really care..but still, they are uninformed and can misinform others. And it's not only new/probably uncaring people who I've seen post things about implying they don't know/accept falcon is the character he is in brawl.

About the priority: I know it is not a really big issue. But it doesn't help him either. Falcon's side B and falcon kick are so easily countered it's not even funny, and the fact falcon kick works on meta knights tornado, doesn't magically make the falcon kick 10x better. (I have heard 'but the falcon kick goes through MK's tornado!')

And falcon's foxtrot dance/dashdance may be awesome, but tripping doesn't help this. And with falcon's absurdly long tripping animation, the foxtrot dance/dash dance becomes a little (more) risky to use.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Pointless/useless thread? look around the board. Alot of people are saying things that shows they aren't aware that falcon is indeed, the worst character

I thought everyone accepted this..

One must accept their characters cons..before one can try to improve..'find ways around' said cons.

People saying things like 'noobs' agreeing with falcon beeing the 'worst'..yeah..they are implying they don't get it :(
lol o.k Gimpy

the problem with Falcon is that he has nothing that is absolutely Broken...........Brawl is a game designed to embrace brokeness. If look at Falcon and his Raw attributes he is a o.k character and can be seen as playable and good, he has strength, weight, speed and combo's (some that are devestating like Dair to knee and others that are good for racking up damage). The only thing that limits Falcon is the rest of the cast. The rest of the cast all have at least one attribute (besides Ganon and puff) that is really broken, from Zelda's campy fireballs to DDD and his CG's. What does Falcon have that is broken? nothing really, he has GOOD moves however they are not BROKEN.

end of story, now let's start Focusing discussion ELSEWHERE

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
@bribri123123

Do you know who isai is? Have you seen his melee falcon?

You know that falcon is #6?(the last time i checked)

Melee falcon is like the marth of brawl. Not the top but always a contender.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys, this is the story of Falcon and Marth in Brawl.

At the end of the Melee days, Taj and M2K were fighting Falcon vs. Marth, right?

So it's last stock, 300% on both of their parts. As soon as Marth is charging the fsmash, Falcon runs in for the knee!!

The knee hit the tipper of the fsmash, making a collision of parallel universes and explosions everywhere.

Ever since that match, Captain Falcon threw out his knee, so he can't knee right, and Marth's sword broke off at the end, giving him less range.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Or the fact that the original falcon died when he falcon punched black shadow and now we have this pu$$y, rick wheeler for brawl.

The marth part is true though...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Time to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom