• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capitan Tavo at Apex 2014?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
telling tavo "hey just get to APEX and we will collect the donation money and reimburse you there" is a horrible horrible plan.
I've been trying to hint at this without screwing myself over, but here it is:

If we are looking to get tavo around $700, I will personally guarantee that he gets his money when he gets here, even if I have to fork out 700 big ones from my own pocket. I've been reluctant to say that because I don't WANT to pay THAT much money by myself, and I don't want people to think "oh clubba's got this covered" and then no one donates and I am down that much money, because this is not chump change. That said I understand that tavo is hesitant and he will eventually have to book a ticket and its tough for him to rely on us getting enough money for him, so I think a guarantee is needed for his sake. So, I'll step up and guarantee that for him.

So how about this: I donate $700, and everyone else can donate to me to uh, reduce the hit my wallet will take? Again, please don't make me pay all $700.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm just saying, I wouldn't want to book flights and spend a bunch of money on the hope that no one would flake on reimbursing me.

At the very least you need to have a single person collect donations in advance. That person (clubba now I guess) can figure it all out with Tavo. Otherwise you're leaving Tavo with the risk that a bunch of people flake on showing up to Apex with the donation money, in which case he is pretty screwed.

rustyw

Smash Cadet
I agree with ballin4life. This is going to be a) logistically difficult and sketchy, and b) Tavo is currently under the impression that any donations we accrue we are going to send to him beforehand, and given the language barrier this is going to be difficult to explain. I really think we need to get him the money beforehand.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hmm i can do that i suppose, and I can do it relatively soon as opposed to a bunch of people paying incrementally. Then people can just pay me back if anyone feels like donating

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yo clubba I'll donate $50 closer to the end of November (through paypal). I don't have any means of depositing money to my BoA account down here, but I'll have that money for you then.

Top Bottom