• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape glitch..?

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Here's an interesting glitch that happend between me and my friend during a friendly... He was Sheik while I was Doctor Mario on Final Destination.

Sheik was hanging on the edge, right side, and then raises with a/b.
During the middle of the kick, I decide to cape.
The screen flickers for a second, next thing I know, I'm on the ground, and Sheik is standing on the left side of the stage, near the LEFT edge.

I don't know, I never heard of this before, and it was pretty weird =/ Just wondering if anybody know what's up or something...

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
yea, its already known, it works with any char if doc capes someone during the animation for getting on stage they get teleported half way across the stage also works on any stage

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Noooooooo. Me and AIKO thought we had discovered this first :( . We managed to do it with fox's laedge attack to a cape. We thought it only worked with fox and falco but it also works with mario's cape. We've recorded and it'll be on youtube soon

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol, why do you guys care who discovered it first? I'm sure there's someone that discovered it even before you guys did anyways :p.

That's such a wierd glitch, though it doesn't seem too complicated ^^.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I care if my friend and I discovered it first =D!

No, it really isn't an efficient glitch. Like, maybe if you could cleverly sneak it in there it could be effective in doubles... maybe.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
I don't think people at tournaments would really appreciate you using it...hmm

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Who cares if they appreciate you using it.

1. It would hardly do anything, in best case scenario, worth mentioning so they'd really have nothing to get mad at. Though, I guess if you want to give your opponents an excuse for losing it's good =P

"Oh yeah? Well we only lost 'cause you cape glitched!"

2. It's not banned. *shrug*

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I agree with K.if Zelgaddis can grab his teammate from a rest, a cape glitch to an edgegaurd should be possible even if only occasionally

Top Bottom