• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't spell IGNorant without...well...u know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
New -If they were really competitive, they would showcase their skills by using characters that rely more on skill based gameplay rather than exploits and balance issues. Meta-Knight? Ice Climbers just for their broken grabbing? Yeah, they are sad. Even sadder is the fact that he flew to Japan for that.

-If you think infinite chain grabbing is an intentional mechanic, and you don't think it's cheap, the problem is on your side. It would have been patched on day one had the Wii been capable of it. The mechanic not being bannable in the competitive scene should make the Brawl community feel ashamed and any player with self-respect wouldn't try making himself a name by becoming the master of such lame mechanic.

-If there was skill involved, he would have been able to kill Meta-Knight at least once or at least not look like an idiot trying to hopelessly get the golden grab during the first fight.

The spamming on that video is clear. That he does it to maintain the Ice Climbers far away is true and a valid tactic, but it does not mean it isn't spamming, that it does not look stupid or that the video you posted does not look stupid. If anything, spamming being the only secure way to ensure your victory shows how terrible is the game for competitive gameplay.

That they are the best Brawl players? Good. It does not mean a thing in my book, which is at least better than what they have to say for competitive Brawl in the Smash Boards.

courtesy of a user on IGN who watched the M2K vs 9B video, apparently M2K and 9B don't have any skill at all and are only about using exploits and skill-less characters.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
That's an IGN user (or random youtuber it seems like), not IGN. IGN's actually really good lately, especially with their Project M coverage. It's Kotaku that's been spewing **** everywhere.

Also, Smashboards seriously needs a scrub quotes thread.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
its from a user on the wii board there....so yeah i suppose the actual people running ign are different but...

sad part is a lot of em on the boards still feel that same way. THe people like rich writing the articles, ya they've been pretty good with their smash coverage lately, but the people on the boards...the regulars infact...still for the most part seem to have that exact same mindset as this guy.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
New -If they were really competitive, they would showcase their skills by using characters that rely more on skill based gameplay rather than exploits and balance issues. Meta-Knight? Ice Climbers just for their broken grabbing? Yeah, they are sad. Even sadder is the fact that he flew to Japan for that.

-If you think infinite chain grabbing is an intentional mechanic, and you don't think it's cheap, the problem is on your side. It would have been patched on day one had the Wii been capable of it. The mechanic not being bannable in the competitive scene should make the Brawl community feel ashamed and any player with self-respect wouldn't try making himself a name by becoming the master of such lame mechanic.

-If there was skill involved, he would have been able to kill Meta-Knight at least once or at least not look like an idiot trying to hopelessly get the golden grab during the first fight.

The spamming on that video is clear. That he does it to maintain the Ice Climbers far away is true and a valid tactic, but it does not mean it isn't spamming, that it does not look stupid or that the video you posted does not look stupid. If anything, spamming being the only secure way to ensure your victory shows how terrible is the game for competitive gameplay.

That they are the best Brawl players? Good. It does not mean a thing in my book, which is at least better than what they have to say for competitive Brawl in the Smash Boards.

courtesy of a user on IGN who watched the M2K vs 9B video, apparently M2K and 9B don't have any skill at all and are only about using exploits and skill-less characters.
I dunno, most of these seem like pretty valid accusations. That isn't to say that competitive Brawl is baseless, but it does consist of some really gay and uninteresting ****.

I mean, come on. Take one good look at Brawl's S tier character (his B move, the heavy external limits in the old Unity ruleset required to prevent him from being completely gamebreaking, etc.) and tell me that competitive Brawl doesn't have issues.

I actually kind of disagree about chain-grabbing with iceclimbers being skill-less though. With anyone else it's just depressing to watch.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If we surgically injected rules into Brawl to make it as competitive and depth-yielding as possible, our ruleset would be dozens of pages long.

If you don't like some aspects of the game that are gay, but not broken, you have two options:
1. Play a different game.
2. Play with people who won't use those aspects of the game (i.e. not competitive).

Either way, the people who play the game the way it was designed are the best Brawlers in the world. Making your own special game with no edge-hogging, no chain-grabbing, no tornado, etc... just makes you the best scrubby kid on the street.

Jonas

Smash Champion
It's not exactly news to members of these boards that some people just don't know what they're talking about. I suggest not worrying too much about it, but I guess it's cool if you just posted it for laughs.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
its from a user on the wii board there....so yeah i suppose the actual people running ign are different but...

sad part is a lot of em on the boards still feel that same way. THe people like rich writing the articles, ya they've been pretty good with their smash coverage lately, but the people on the boards...the regulars infact...still for the most part seem to have that exact same mindset as this guy.
Sorry, but who cares? There are people out there who hate Street Fighter, I doubt they feel the need to copy pasta quotes from people on other message boards complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom