• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
In a way, no one is actually mad at a character. Did Lucas go up to Sakurai and ask 'Hey, can I be put back in Smash 4'? No. Sakurai and whoever else is in charge of adding and creating characters chose to add Lucas. Heck, this complaint can go to characters from the base game too. Many people thought Ike would be cut but he got in. What if you don't like Lucario or Falco or Toon Link or etc. Maybe you feel they shouldn't have gotten in over Wolf or any other character you support. Any anger people feel is towards Sakurai and co and their decision to add whoever but not Wolf. There's no reason to feel actual anger towards a character when it comes to Smash. Go ahead and hate Porky for the **** he's done to Ness and Lucas in the Mother games. Go ahead and hate Ganondorf for all the **** he's done to Hyrule. But to hate them as a character in Smash is pointless.

I still believe Wolf is coming but to have to wait more than a year since the game's release to play as him is ridiculous.

Also, we were asked to rate the dlc so far and we did. Positive and negative feedback was given for each and every character. Not every character has to be liked or even tolerated. I do, however, agree that the supporters should not be attacked, not as a whole at least. If a few Ridley supporters or Bandana Dee or Krystal etc supporters were *******s to you, then sure, go ahead and hate them, but to label the entire support base for that character based on a few bad and vocal eggs is a bad idea.

Heck, I'm a great example. I'm rather vocal about my disliking of Wolf not being in yet and I'm also quite vulgar. What if someone chose to hate every Wolf supporter because they saw what I'm like? Is that fair to any of you?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Guys, help me. I've dreamed about Wolf's inclussion three times in total.
And each one was even more "realistic".

But now we need the real deal.
:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:
I think that's happened to all of us at one point. I dreamed 2 times about Roy returning and once about Wolf. One came true, and I'm sure the other also will.

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I think that's happened to all of us at one point. I dreamed 2 times about Roy returning and once about Wolf. One came true, and I'm sure the other also will.
Not long ago I dreamed Wolf was back and I was happy as ****, but they overdone his visuals and he looked like some strange
combination of Lucario and Shadow (from Sonic). Don´t ask why.

Needless to say, I woke up confused. :lucario: + :sonic: = :wolf:??

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
So what two series from Smash can you guys picture having a crossover? I think Metal Gear + Metroid would be pretty interesting--Zelda + Fire Emblem -- F Zero and Star Fox. Going to come up with names: Metal Gear Solid: Zero Mission, Fire Emblem Triforce, Star Falcon (totally original),

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Zelda and Fire Emblem cuz of similar stuff like swords and magic and what not. Zelda and Starfox cuz Loftwings and it'd be both neat and funny. You won't see Pokemon crossovers cuz Pokemon aren't even allowed unique sounds and music in Mario Maker~

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I drew a really obscure character that i'm not sure if you guys know on Miiverse today:
WVW69ifzD7gYkx2OND.png

Last edited:

MacClarence

Smash Rookie
Wolf I need to see

Krystal would be next hope

Dixie Kong

and finally to have the ice climbers back would be lovely

we need no more sword characters but I suppose i'd be least annoyed with Isaac

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Did I miss something? There seems to be a bit more salt in here than usual.

Secondly, I do not believe that it is wrong to dislike a character because they received precedence over Wolf. Is it petty? Of course. But there is nothing inherently wrong with it. They are just fictional characters and in my humble opinion, it is better to redirect that frustration at a character that you clearly had no interest with in the first place than to associate that salt with the supporters of said character. I would argue that it is much more unhealthy and damaging to our image to hate on people rather than characters. Suffice it to say, nobody should take speculation that seriously in the first place. It is difficult if Wolf means a lot to you as a person, and Smash is one of your favorite games, of course.
:4mewtwo: is one of those characters I dislike that made it in first. But I think he's just plain boring and have no desire to get involved with him. The fans can't really make me dislike the character, I did so to begin with. It annoyed me to see him come back and not :wolf:, sure, but like you said, they're just fictional characters and therefore not worth getting serious over. To do so would just make one look like some sort of spiteful moron.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
In a way, no one is actually mad at a character. Did Lucas go up to Sakurai and ask 'Hey, can I be put back in Smash 4'? No...
Did I miss a page or something? I didn't see anyone mad at anyone else so why is this being brought up? It's fine to hate a character. (especially fighting them) If someone takes offense to it then why are they on the internet? You should have KNOWN someone will hate your character, it's normal since we all have different fighting styles and tastes.

tldr? Hating the person who plays them is illogical. And don't get butt hurt over people not liking your character.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Did I miss a page or something? I didn't see anyone mad at anyone else so why is this being brought up? It's fine to hate a character. (especially fighting them) If someone takes offense to it then why are they on the internet? You should have KNOWN someone will hate your character, it's normal since we all have different fighting styles and tastes.

tldr? Hating the person who plays them is illogical. And don't get butt hurt over people not liking your character.
Someone asked for opinions on dlc, some were negative, and those negative ones were replied to. Hating the way a character plays is not the same as hating the character. I can't stand fighting Sonic or Villager but I don't hate the characters themselves, just the way they play. We all know someone hates our favourite character but we don't need to attack each other because of that hatred. Not saying anyone here has done that but it was brought up that certain characters are not liked not because of the character themselves or the way they fight but because of their fanbase. The most angry anyone got was their opinions, mostly towards Ryu from what I noticed though my own frustration is towards Roy and Lucas, or rather, their inclusion over Wolf.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
There was only one person on here who went a little over the top with his dislike of Ryu. However, he has made amends and all is forgiven. A lot of the people on here were very reasonable with characters they didn't like.
I'm sure you all know this, but Roy and Mewtwo were unlockables in Melee--Lucas was a starter in Brawl--Wolf and Snake were unlockable in Brawl. Perhaps they're holding off locked Brawl characters? ;) One would hope

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
There was only one person on here who went a little over the top with his dislike of Ryu. However, he has made amends and all is forgiven. A lot of the people on here were very reasonable with characters they didn't like.
I'm sure you all know this, but Roy and Mewtwo were unlockables in Melee--Lucas was a starter in Brawl--Wolf and Snake were unlockable in Brawl. Perhaps they're holding off locked Brawl characters? ;) One would hope
I'm going to be totally honest, but I dislike Ryu. He seems to be pretty annoying to me with his moveset, and lacks "Smash Bros. magic". For example I want Snake back (aswell as Wolf, don't forget) because he had at least some history behind him in the Subspace Emissary and was adapted perfectly into the series. That's good for a third party character so he had his own magic.
Brawl was such a nice installment with both Wolf, Ice Climbers and Snake... Hell, even without the online mode it was a fun and great pastime those summers...
Then again it's just my mere opinion~

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
So a couple weeks back when we had that hype from the movies being down on the Smash website I took a test right after they hype started so with Wolf hype throughout the test I got a 76%.

Now let's analyze that further.

The inversion of 76 is 67.
There have been 3 vets for DLC so far: 67-3=64, As in Star Fox 64
There have been 4 DLC characters so far
Wolf and Bill are they only characters in SF 64 with 4 letters in their names.

Wolf, Bill, and Katt are next DLC characters. But Wolf probably wouldn't let Bill or Katt be DLC, so it'll likely be just Wolf, since it was Wolf hype I had during my exam. Guys, my test predicted the next character :D

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
So how would you guys rate the DLC characters so far? Were you guys excited for Mewtwo when he was revealed? Do you think he should've been in the base game given his demand? Is Ryu an oddball that you warmed up to? Thoughts. :p
:4mewtwo:Reaction:7/10:I said along the lones of"FINALLY,NOW THE MEWTWO FANBOYS CAN SHUT UP"
:4mewtwo:Release 10/10:Look at my mains and what do you see(his return made me main Mewtwo in MAYLAY)
:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:Reaction 7/10(I'm not a"HOLY CRAP,SEMPAI PLZ,MY NIPPLES kreygasm"guy)I was lurking SmashWiki and I see Mewtwo has artwork on his page,I immediately ran to my/brother's room and said"Lucas is coming back"(in a bumdle aoth Roy amd Ryu becuase I simply didn't care)
:4lucas::4feroy:Release 6/10:I was that much of a Lucas guy in Brawl or Roy main in MAYLAY
:4ryu:Release 7/10:On the day after his release when I bought him,I used him in For Fun(I got owned by a Ryu in FG tho)
Jesus christ, calm the hell down. I can't believe you'd get this upset over a single character.
Before I leave this here,he is a Wolf supporter and he made an apology,so chill out after you(THE PEOPLE)watch the video and look at the comments of the video and burst with anger k.

Link to video,I even commented on it kreygasm:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrCrtWZxfY

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing brawl today and I just remembered a problem ( for casual players), when wolf received his final smash, when you push b to try to activate it, sometimes he does his blaster and in brawl if someone breathe on you, it would get taken away. Hopefully they fix this.

Furret24

Smash Master
So a couple weeks back when we had that hype from the movies being down on the Smash website I took a test right after they hype started so with Wolf hype throughout the test I got a 76%.

Now let's analyze that further.

The inversion of 76 is 67.
There have been 3 vets for DLC so far: 67-3=64, As in Star Fox 64
There have been 4 DLC characters so far
Wolf and Bill are they only characters in SF 64 with 4 letters in their names.

Wolf, Bill, and Katt are next DLC characters. But Wolf probably wouldn't let Bill or Katt be DLC, so it'll likely be just Wolf, since it was Wolf hype I had during my exam. Guys, my test predicted the next character :D
themasterofcircuits themasterofcircuits confirmed bad at school.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So I was playing brawl today and I just remembered a problem ( for casual players), when wolf received his final smash, when you push b to try to activate it, sometimes he does his blaster and in brawl if someone breathe on you, it would get taken away. Hopefully they fix this.
Yeah, both of those problems still exist. It's not exclusive to Wolf but some characters suffer from it more than others. If anything, there should be a bit of a buffer time where you can't lose the Smash Ball right after getting it. Though that's trying to be 'fair' in casual Smash which is anything but fair.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Back to your previous quote, about us having no leakers now; in that case, one question remains: What do we do now?
Speculate some more without leakers skewing our throughts?

The Falco amiibo's around the corner. I wish Starfox Zero didn't get delayed as I'm quite certain Wolf (if is to make it) would be scheduled to be released around Falco amiibo time originally.

Furret24

Smash Master
Yeah, both of those problems still exist. It's not exclusive to Wolf but some characters suffer from it more than others. If anything, there should be a bit of a buffer time where you can't lose the Smash Ball right after getting it. Though that's trying to be 'fair' in casual Smash which is anything but fair.
Final Smash issues exist in this game too. Dedede's doesn't even function right!

Top Bottom