• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Perhaps Nintendo thought Snake's inclusion in Brawl signified more Metal Gear Games on Nintendo platforms but since that didn't happen as much as they wanted, they were against his inclusion this time around

edit: whoops, meant to put this on the Snake thread. I feel I've betrayed them :(

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Ahh,that last page was fun.
We should do something like that again.
I indirectly gave birth to Yoshisaurus' new avi.
Yay.
I'd still say, as long as Wolf were announced in his dreams, they can bring ponies, ants, another Marth clone, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Baby Daisy, and even the water pig from Super Mario Sunshine. Assuming the risk for the Smash Bros. series to die, but at least, Wolf's in.

Last edited:

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Snake was only included as a favor to Kojima. He was supposed to be in Melee, but Sakurai didn't think he fit. He was only in Brawl to fulfill the promise Sakurai had made. I don't think he's coming back. At least, not in this game.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Snake was only included as a favor to Kojima. He was supposed to be in Melee, but Sakurai didn't think he fit. He was only in Brawl to fulfill the promise Sakurai had made. I don't think he's coming back. At least, not in this game.
That's not how it went. Snake wasn't included in Melee because, when Kojima asked, Melee was too late in development for feasibly adding Snake. If Kojima asked Sakurai earlier, we would've had Snake in Melee too.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
That argument doesn't make any sense to me. You make it sound like he was cut because he was in as a favor to Kojima. "Hey, Kojima, I know we're friends--but I don't want to bring Snake back" if he's rude enough to cut Snake after a personal favor like that for no reason, why did he say yes for Brawl in the first place?

D

Deleted member

Every time someone says Wolf is a clone, an angel loses it's wings and dies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I'd still say, as long as Wolf were announced in his dreams, they can bring ponies, ants, another Marth clone, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Baby Daisy, and even the water pig from Super Mario Sunshine. Assuming the risk for the Smash Bros. series to die, but at least, Wolf's in.
If you're joking, it's not funny. I want Wolf back too, but the ones you mentioned are wasteful (not saying they're likely, but still).

Most of us support more than one character. We're not all @Logo12.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Just remember guys--several more characters....several more characters......several more characters...several more characters. So there were two open slots when he said that in the interview. Yes. I was gonna go somewhere with that but I forgot. You know, I read the SourceGaming article where we need to adjust our expectations--but it's like, can you really blame us? I mean, I think Nintendo's marketing with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu sort've backfired because while we certainly enjoyed those three, it left us wanting more.

Last edited:
@Logo12 supports someone other than Wolf? *shocking*

This must be recent support. I remember seeing that person say that they only care for Wolf.
He has supported Dee for some time now. Don't know when he exactly became a supporter. But it's not recent.

Or maybe you're just confusing him to someone else. I've seen other users to say that they only want Wolf.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Every time someone says Wolf is a clone, an angel loses it's wings and dies.
More like their wings burn up and they plummet to the Earth in a fiery explosion.:4pit:

Anyway, it surprises me that this misconception about :wolf: still exists. Do people really not take the time to learn even one fact about him instead of just bandwagoning with other people? I know some people might not have SSBB, but still, all the facts about :wolf: exist somewhere in the net for our viewing pleasure. It's not like it's hard to do or anything like that.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
People want the characters they want and if Wolf isn't one of them then they'll use any excuse to try and convince Wolf supporters that it shouldn't be a thing. "Wolf is too similar to Fox" even though we have Lucas and Roy as dlc and Falco made it in and he was much worse for the 'too similar' argument in his debut game. This goes the other way around too.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Roy had a game to miss out on--I'm not a Roy-Boy but it must've been rad for them to get their boy back--after probably being trolled no and laughed it. But other than that, Wolf is under the same circumstance. He would be a second derivative of an existing character

Now imagine that for this thread...

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The 'too similar' argument is a very odd one. On the one hand, we've had similar movesets since 64 with :mario64::luigi64::falcon64::samus64::kirby64::jigglypuff64:, Melee went all out with similar movesets thanks to:falcomelee::drmario::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::roymelee: (side note, why are there two Dr. Mario and two Young Link heads?) Brawl trimmed out the full on clone of most characters and we 'lost' 4 clones :wolf::toonlink::lucas: and here we are with Sm4sh which brought back three previously cut similar movesets :4drmario::4lucas::4feroy: and added some as well :4lucina::4darkpit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:. Heck, :4wario: became more similar to the Mario Bros. with his usmash basically being the same as theirs. Guess I should mention :4lucario: at some point too since he's 'totally a clone of :4mewtwo:'. So you have all of these similar movesets throughout the entire series and yet Chrom wasn't added because he was too similar to Ike and Marth...even though :4lucina: and :4feroy: have that same issue. And yes, I get that :4lucina: was basically bonus content and :4feroy: was dlc and a wanted returning vet but regardless, the excuse for not adding Chrom didn't apply to them and it could apply to Wolf for whatever reason.

Heck, we could end up like the Young Link supporters. Watch Slippy, Peppy, Krystal, Leon, Panther, Pigma or Oikinny make it in and basically have Wolf's moveset.

TL;DR the 'too similar' argument makes no gah damn sense.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I think this clone nonsense is still going on because people need some sort of "justification" for wolf's absence. They don't find the idea of wolf as dlc appealing, so the pull out the clone card for an easy excuse. Lots of characters share moves with other fighters. Charizard shares 4 moves with bowser, and no one even calls him a semi-clone. They just come up with reasons. Of course there are some people who genuinely believe wolf is a clone.

Same goes for k rool and the "he's irrelevant" argument. Since when did anyone care about relevancy before k rool was suggested? Mega man hasn't had a proper game since god knows how long ago, and everyone treated his reveal like the second coming of christ. What's that, k rool hasn't been in a dk game since DK64? That's funny cause you didn't bat an eyelash for R.O.B, Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt. It's hypocrisy at it's finest in both cases.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Roy had a game to miss out on--I'm not a Roy-Boy but it must've been rad for them to get their boy back--after probably being trolled no and laughed it. But other than that, Wolf is under the same circumstance. He would be a second derivative of an existing character

Now imagine that for this thread...
Oh, definitely. Roy's return was glorious for the ones who supported him until the end including me. After over 7 years of struggling and being laughed at, we finally got him back, and now I'm also here to support one of my favorite Brawl characters,

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I honestly, didn't mind Roy's return and wasn't as upset with him as ´people made it out to be themselves'. I am alright with him despite not being a hardcore fan of the series. If anything, he wasn't suppose to be cut, only missing the dead-line-time thingie for Brawl. If anything, he was always part of the series, just missed on an entry.

With that in mind, I expect the same with Wolf. He's a character that made his mark in Brawl despite being one of the last characters to join. If anything, he deserves to be back just as much as he has gotten praise and wishes to return as much the rest of the veterans that made it back in SM4SH.

:bowser:

Furret24

Smash Master
What's that, k rool hasn't been in a dk game since DK64? That's funny cause you didn't bat an eyelash for R.O.B, Game and Watch, and Duck Hunt. It's hypocrisy at it's finest in both cases.
Your point is rather screwed up. Relevancy doesn't play a role in G&W, ROB, and Duck Hunt since they all have their own good reason for being in Smash, which is playing a big role in Nintendo's history. You can't tell me that K. Rool plays a big role in Nintendo's history.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, definitely. Roy's return was glorious for the ones who supported him until the end including me. After over 7 years of struggling and being laughed at, we finally got him back, and now I'm also here to support one of my favorite Brawl characters,
The fact they finally did his design justice by giving him a few new tweaked and reanimated moves was amazing. Keeping the voice actor (who did AN EVER BETTER JOB IN SMASH 4!), adding more fire effects, and making him actually somewhat viable was freaking awesome to see. Those were 7 worthy years man.

Best part though for fans of other characters though: Roy didn't seem to take up much development time making. Heck, none of the DLC characters (Ryu included) feel like they had a lot of post-Smash 3DS release date work put into them. We've already gotten far more DLC characters 1 year later than I would have expected. I would've said 2, maybe 3. Yet we have 4, and likely 2 or more likely 3 not too far away.

It's only a matter of a few months at most until we get Wolf. It may be weeks, even.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Your point is rather screwed up. Relevancy doesn't play a role in G&W, ROB, and Duck Hunt since they all have their own good reason for being in Smash, which is playing a big role in Nintendo's history. You can't tell me that K. Rool plays a big role in Nintendo's history.
Being the main antagonist in a multi million dollar selling franchise is pretty important if you ask me. And you're missing my point, i didn't say rob, g&w and duck aren't deserving of thier slots, or that k rool should of gotten in before them. I just find it hypocritical that people are saying "k rool shouldn't be in smash because he's hasn't been in a game for years" yet don't pay mind to the fact that the three fighters i mentioned have been absent from gaming longer than he has.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
The fact they finally did his design justice by giving him a few new tweaked and reanimated moves was amazing. Keeping the voice actor (who did AN EVER BETTER JOB IN SMASH 4!), adding more fire effects, and making him actually somewhat viable was freaking awesome to see. Those were 7 worthy years man.
Yup. It's awesome that Jun Fukuyama came back for the role after 14 years. He originally started out as a nobody, but he would go on to become one of the most recognised voice actors in Japan. Not to mention Roy's gorgeous new design and the fact that they improved him so much in nearly every aspect, It's everything I wanted for him.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yup. It's awesome that Jun Fukuyama came back for the role after 14 years. He originally started out as a nobody, but he would go on to become one of the most recognised voice actors in Japan. Not to mention Roy's gorgeous new design and the fact that they improved him so much in nearly every aspect, It's everything I wanted for him.
Jun Fukuyama and Roy have a lot in common: back in 2001 no one knew who they are.

Now in 2015, they are pretty well know name.

(Of course it helps when you voice the main character of a very popular anime series is Code Geass)

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Jun Fukuyama and Roy have a lot in common: back in 2001 no one knew who they are.

Now in 2015, they are pretty well know name.

(Of course it helps when you voice the main character of a very popular anime series is Code Geass)
Exactly. I'll just quote what a good friend of mine named dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 said.

"Jun Fukuyama was a clear-cut choice for Voice Actor in Sakurai's eyes, a nobody at the time. He later grew to become one of Japan's most successful and accomplished VA's, and had strong memories of his work from 2001 when he returned to voice new clips for Roy. That itself astounds me, and is something I felt was worth sharing. He had a journey similar to Roy, where he started as a nobody and became a very prominent and successful figure."

Exactly. I'll just quote what a good friend of mine named dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 said.

"Jun Fukuyama was a clear-cut choice for Voice Actor in Sakurai's eyes, a nobody at the time. He later grew to become one of Japan's most successful and accomplished VA's, and had strong memories of his work from 2001 when he returned to voice new clips for Roy. That itself astounds me, and is something I felt was worth sharing. He had a journey similar to Roy, where he started as a nobody and became a very prominent and successful figure."
Yes! I am so glad someone remembered my exact words and put them to good use.

Hey, Snake thread. I put in a few votes for him throughout the ballot, at least one of which is somewhere in this thread, and I'm excited to see how things play out. I'm hoping one of our DLC characters is Snake, he's my most-wanted vet.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Yes! I am so glad someone remembered my exact words and put them to good use.

Hey, Snake thread. I put in a few votes for him throughout the ballot, at least one of which is somewhere in this thread, and I'm excited to see how things play out. I'm hoping one of our DLC characters is Snake, he's my most-wanted vet.
You always give great and encouraging words in general. You're one of the best Roy supporters I had the pleasure of meeting.

And what a coincidence! I also recently started to support Snake as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Pretty good description. HAL Laboratories sure did know how to attract talent and groom them back then, as well as given them an opportunity.

The way Iwata ran that place back then was outstanding. So many somewhat young underutilized developers and talent to have gone through there really should rise in the ranks of Nintendo.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Didn't she also say there'd be a direct last week?
She lost all credability, don't beleive a word she says unless its data mine related. At this point someone should just go on twitter and say that Stealth and the crew said the character is Wolf. The worst part is most of the guys in the leaks thread are kind of buying into these things. I say they're all lying.
EDIT: She's claiming the characters is Monita.:facepalm: Lost all credibility 100% confirmed.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
She lost all credability, don't beleive a word she says unless its data mine related. At this point someone should just go on twitter and say that Stealth and the crew said the character is Wolf. The worst part is most of the guys in the leaks thread are kind of buying into these things. I say they're all lying.
EDIT: She's claiming the characters is Monita.:facepalm: Lost all credibility 100% confirmed.
Data mines are the only leaks worth paying attention to imo. Also, I have no idea why people entertain these people who claim to have a information, but won't say anything precise. Freaking attention starved people nowadays.

MacClarence

Smash Rookie
absolute 100 percent forum lurker and smashboards noob, I literally only joined this site because of this thread, and how much I love wolf.

Top Bottom