• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Okay, guys so this is a little off topic but I really need you guys' opinion on this.
Two of my friends are convinced (like REALLY convinced) that Shovel Knight is a shoo-in for DLC and they keep telling me that Wolf is extremely unlikely. I don't know if they're just trolling me but they seem pretty sure that he'll be in since he has an amiibo but still, I'm not seeing it as likely.

Anyways, what are you guys' thoughts on this?
Their thinking is backwards.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That guy mains the worst character in the game. Nothing to see here folks. Just some bottom tier user who is probably salty over the fact dins still puts you in a helpless state when used off stage for no reason at all and most likely got slaughtered by Wolf players in Brawl. Disregard his opinion to the highest degree.

We need some sort of "haters gonna hate" image to respond to Wolf/clone haters when they pop up so I made a little something. (If anyone can make something better, go right ahead.)

If you see a Wolf/clone hater, show them this.

That's the most beautiful thing I've seen. xD

D

Deleted member

FOURTH SUPPORT THREAD JOINED YO

Wolf.... Wolf just needs to come back. He's the most important antagonist in the Star Fox series, and him being cut was way out of left field and simply not justified. I will admit I sucked hard as playing Wolf during my Brawl days (because I kept doing Wolf Flash offstage lmao), but after playing as him in Brawl/PM in recent months, I just love the way he plays. His combos, how well you can play with him aggressively and defensively, and that sexy down throw. <3 I'd take him over Falco in a heartbeat if he came back in Smash 4, who I play in the first place since I personally don't like Fox much in this game.

So yeah, y'all have got my support. We're gonna have fun with this thing.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
FOURTH SUPPORT THREAD JOINED YO

Wolf.... Wolf just needs to come back. He's the most important antagonist in the Star Fox series, and him being cut was way out of left field and simply not justified. I will admit I sucked hard as playing Wolf during my Brawl days (because I kept doing Wolf Flash offstage lmao), but after playing as him in Brawl/PM in recent months, I just love the way he plays. His combos, how well you can play with him aggressively and defensively, and that sexy down throw. <3 I'd take him over Falco in a heartbeat if he came back in Smash 4, who I play in the first place since I personally don't like Fox much in this game.

So yeah, y'all have got my support. We're gonna have fun with this thing.
Welcome aboard! The support is greatly appreciated.:wolf:

I agree with you on down throw. That throw's legit.

D

Deleted member

Indeed it is.

Also back throw into Wolf Flash at the 100%-ish range is the most satisfying thing ever. :wolf:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ever heard of "patience is a virtue"? How about we do something to keep ourselves busy until the time they'll announce the ballot character? Play some games. Read a book. Watch a movie. Do some chores. Kiss your girlfriend. Feed the chickens. Do whatever.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ever heard of "patience is a virtue"? How about we do something to keep ourselves busy until the time they'll announce the ballot character? Play some games. Read a book. Watch a movie. Do some chores. Kiss your girlfriend. Feed the chickens. Do whatever.
Blow stuff up? That's always fun.:bomb:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
If Inklings don't make it in I'll gladly jump on the Wolf bandwagon, he shouldn't have been excluded in the first place to be honest.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ This. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so angsty for new info when you could wait it out by doing something ELSE. Watch anime. Catch up with movies you haven't seen before. Play another game that isn't Smash Bros. Listen to some music, get into new bands. Something like that.

In my case, catch up with the Walking Dead as I haven't seen anything new from that since Season 5's finale. So, yeah... :p

Just to let you know what you can do to wait it out.

:bowser:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Okay, guys so this is a little off topic but I really need you guys' opinion on this.
Two of my friends are convinced (like REALLY convinced) that Shovel Knight is a shoo-in for DLC and they keep telling me that Wolf is extremely unlikely. I don't know if they're just trolling me but they seem pretty sure that he'll be in since he has an amiibo but still, I'm not seeing it as likely.

Stop making friends on Miiverse Youtube community.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

You really gonna listen and believe what those mother****ers tell you? Nothing is certain until Nintendo officially confirms it themselves. Stop relying on others to give you bull**** information that isn't legit unless there's proof.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
You really gonna listen and believe what those mother****ers tell you? Nothing is certain until Nintendo officially confirms it themselves. Stop relying on others to give you bull**** information that isn't legit unless there's proof.
Not so hard on the 10 yo's, Rosalina main.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The only thing we can do is wait. There is nothing within our power to make Wolf get here any faster especially with the ballot now over. One of the things people will do to pass the time is play Smash but playing it and realizing Wolf isn't there when he could be gets some people impatient. This extends beyond Wolf and even Smash honestly. Nintendo has been far too quiet as of late and people want news. Are there any games in the making? How about showing us the progress of games they've announced for a while? My memory is quite poor but we're now half way through October and I don't recall us getting a direct in September or August. There was an update, certainly but that's only for Smash.

Perhaps the new head is the reason. Maybe he runs things differently. Maybe Nintendo is running out of steam and lacks things to show us. Maybe they have something huge to show us and it's taking them a while to get the presentation all ready. Many of us can be considered impatient and perhaps we are but with the 'direct every 2 months' Nintendo was giving us, it feels odd to be left in silence and some of us are eager for answers of any kind. A 'we have nothing to show' is better than nothing at all, although I know Nintendo would never say such a thing, or any smart business for that matter.

I've personally had work and personal issues keeping me occupied as I wait and I play Smash every now and then with my cousin and as of late I've gone back to using Greninja and Falco, two characters I can use decently but felt I had no reason to simply because I needed something new. All of my better characters have been getting boring (FD only doesn't help) and so I'm going to my more obscure characters. Wolf or any dlc character for that matter would alleviate this problem for me and I'm sure many others feel the same.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Nintendo does not lack new things to show us.

They have Pikmin 4, Star Fox Zero, Zelda U, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Pokemon Z, Smash DLC, potential new MK8 DLC, the first mobile game and many other unnanounced Wii U and 3DS games trailers and footage to show us, but they didn't yet. Also, the new rewards system is supposed to come this fall.

You guys have to put in mind that Iwata was still the president when he passad away so they're still trying to figure how to do this new stuff without him, he was the mastermind behind the Directs, it won't be the same without him.
Apparently they already found a way according to rumours and that massive upcoming network maintenance next week, we should just wait.

And I think Wolf will be delayed to coincide with SFZ release, it's the smartest thing to do.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
What's wrong with being a Rosalina main here?
Nothing, she's one of my secondaries.

you should take a chill pill

I guess it gives you a bad image, since everyone hates Rosaluma. :\

I do too, but I feel that this isn't the place to rant about her. :/
Rosalina is the Metaknight of this generation, love her or hate her!

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Stop making friends on Miiverse Youtube community.

If only these people are just from miiverse. They're real life. Tho half of it is just trolling, I suppose.

Hey, I never said I believed them. I honestly don't for a second. Like I said, they;re probably just pushing my buttons, but I can only put up with so much stupidity.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I guess it gives you a bad image, since everyone hates Rosaluma. :\

I do too, but I feel that this isn't the place to rant about her. :/
You gotta fill me in on the "bad image" part. I main Rosalina because I love her as a character and her overall appearance, thus she's my all time favorite Mario series character ever. I don't give a **** what the haters say about her, it ain't gonna change my opinion on her. Hell, not even the mighty mariotehplumber can break me.
If only these people are just from miiverse. They're real life. Tho half of it is just trolling, I suppose.

Hey, I never said I believed them. I honestly don't for a second. Like I said, they;re probably just pushing my buttons, but I can only put up with so much stupidity.
You should never take what anyone says about stuff like this too seriously, whether it's people from the Internet or in real life,

shane3x

Saint of Swords
There is a scheduled maintenance for Monday. Pretty much if nothing happens next week Roger will be wrong and we will strike him off the list of people to listen to who havent let us astray so far.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of those games listed above could be at a point where there's nothing new to show. It's unlikely but a possibility. Plus, directs tend to focus on numerous games rather than one or few so maybe they don't feel they have enough games ready to be shown to give us a direct.

And as for any Rosa hate, I don't care for her as a character but she's fun in Smash and my main has no problem with fighting her. She's also fun to use in Super Mario 3D World. Got no opinion on her in the Mario Kart series since I abandoned it after Wii. So if there's any hate for her here then at least know that I and PKFreeze89 got nothing against her and probably others.

If we're gonna hate anyone let's hate Starfox. Falco stole our bair and Fox badly tries to imitate us with that purple outfit and that side custom. Just kidding. Let's keep hate outta this though hating Starfox is fitting. Also, no actual hate from me towards team Starfox :x

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I just hate that we don't KNOW anything either way about Wolf, and it makes me nervous. We know there are at least three more characters in the pipeline, but we don't know who they are. Common sense would dictate that Wolf is coming, but Sakurai loves to be 'unpredictable'. If he was announced now, but didn't release until, say, March, we would AT LEAST know he was coming. But if he doesn't come back dragging things out this long is only going to make it worse.

shane3x

Saint of Swords

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Who is stealth exactly again? I've never heard of him or what he has done previously to gain credibility like Roger and others like TWB. As far as I can tell he was just ridding off what Roger has said. I
I heard he's some guy who hides in a cardboard box that isn't as fancy as Snake's and tries to sneak around like Snake, but fails miserably at the Stealth aspect, unlike Snake.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I heard he's some guy who hides in a cardboard box that isn't as fancy as Snake's and tries to sneak around like Snake, but fails miserably at the Stealth aspect, unlike Snake.
I'll take that as he hasn't provided anything credible before and he's just a nobody trying to make a name for himself on the back of others.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll take that as he hasn't provided anything credible before and he's just a nobody trying to make a name for himself on the back of others.
Holy hell... that is one amazing way of spelling out
the entire twist ending of The Phantom Pain and how Snake operates in that game.

If this was done on purpose, you are a master wordcraft, and you have my respect.

You truly understand what it means to have a Phantom Pain...

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey all, just wanted to throw my name into the hat.
I will be genuinely surprised if Wolf isn't one of the three dlc characters. Let's hope they keep his voice, and scrap his Final Smash!
#WolfenHYPE

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wednesday or Thursday would be the perfect day for a direct.

That way we can have a full 24 hours plus day of rest after what seems to be an inevitable Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer drop on Monday Night.

So in a few days we can go from Star Wars to Star Fox Wolf.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Holy hell... that is one amazing way of spelling out
the entire twist ending of The Phantom Pain and how Snake operates in that game.

If this was done on purpose, you are a master wordcraft, and you have my respect.

You truly understand what it means to have a Phantom Pain...
I haven't had Internet for the last 3 months, only finally was able to get connected in the last few days and since you cant buy physical copies of MGV for PC I haven't had a chance to buy or play it yet =p

Top Bottom